Boston------------------------ Chicago
( D ) -------------------------- ( D )
sanctuary city --------------- sanctuary city
strict gun control ----------- strict gun control
low murder rate ------------ high murder rate

moreluck

golden ticket member
A lot of gop in California? give me a break lol
There are pockets of red here. It will always go democratic, but I won't give up the world's most perfect weather.
I didn't say there was a lot of GOP, I said there are a "lot of GOP where I live." Pay attention!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There are two types of sanctuary cities.
Formal -
A formal sanctuary policy is a written policy enacted a local government body in the form of a resolution, ordinance, or administrative action--general or special orders, or departmental policies. Formal sanctuary cities are the easiest to identify because these sanctuary policies are in writing and are subject to public records requests by citizens and the press.

Informal -
While informal sanctuary policy is an 'unwritten' policy that exists but is not documented on paper.
Does your police department contact Immigration and Customs enforcement (ICE) if they encounter illegal aliens after a traffic stop or criminal arrest? Are illegal aliens simply released after the traffic stop or time spent in the local jail? Are criminal charges dropped to help the illegal alien from being taken into custody by ICE?

One justification of creating sanctuary cities is often under the guise of protecting " immigrant rights " .
But illegal aliens are not immigrants.
By definition, an " immigrant " is a foreign national (alien) who legally emigrated to the U.S. and has applied for and was granted lawful permanent resident status by the U.S. government .
When a foreign national is illegally smuggled into the U.S. or violates visa restrictions--he or she is an unauthorized (illegal) alien present in the U.S. in violation of U.S. law, and subject to deportation under Title 8 of the U.S. Code § 1227, Deportable aliens .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Trump handed ‘trigger’ to end sanctuary cities

Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas, chairman of the House Appropriations Committee’s subcommittee on commerce, justice and science, says he’s got a plan already in place that will likely eliminate sanctuary cities on Day 1 of the Trump administration.

“I have quietly installed an off-switch that the Department of Justice and Attorney General Loretta Lynch, at my request, changed official DOJ policy on July 7 and notified every state and city in the country that unless you comply 100 percent of the time with federal requests to deport criminal illegal aliens in your jails or prisons, you will lose all your federal law enforcement money,” Culberson told Shannon Bream of Fox News.

The policy can even be enforced retroactively if need be.
“If Mayor Emanuel and Mayor De Blasio continue to refuse to comply with federal requests to hand over these dangerous criminal aliens in their custody, not only do they lose their money but the policy the DOJ put in place at my request says they will owe a refund of every dollar they ever received from these grant programs over the last 10 years,” he said.

“That means the state of California, if they don’t change, they will have to write us, the U.S. taxpayer, a check for $1.2 billion,” Culberson continued. “New York City will owe us as taxpayers $211 million, and Rahm Emanuel, get your checkbook out, you’re going to have to write America a check for $91.2 million if you don’t comply with requests to hand over these dangerous criminals.

moreluck

golden ticket member
According to the news today, Democrats plan to hassle and delay any appointments to his cabinet and also rattle anything he tries to do in his first 100 days. Games!! Don't they realize the games is why they lost??!!

newfie

According to the news today, Democrats plan to hassle and delay any appointments to his cabinet and also rattle anything he tries to do in his first 100 days. Games!! Don't they realize the games is why they lost??!!

I think Bufurd pusser had an answer for an uncooperative mayor. Moved his office into the Mens Room. :)