Sandy Pope

705red

Browncafe Steward
So . . . . you are a TDU guy ?

No im not a TDU guy. I asked you if you had proof that Sandy bankrupted her local. Fred is teh same as Hoffa in my eyes. Hes part of the problem and not the solution. Crap he didnt even get enough signatures to get accredited in the magazine.

I dont think people should be able to post accusations that are to be believed as being the truth without providing facts. Do you have any facts?

TheKid

No im not a TDU guy. I asked you if you had proof that Sandy bankrupted her local. Fred is teh same as Hoffa in my eyes. Hes part of the problem and not the solution. Crap he didnt even get enough signatures to get accredited in the magazine.

I dont think people should be able to post accusations that are to be believed as being the truth without providing facts. Do you have any facts?

Was told this by my BA yesterday at Hoffa rally

705red

Browncafe Steward
Was told this by my BA yesterday at Hoffa rally

Well my friend do not believe everything you hear or read, it is campaign time. I read an article that Hoffas people put out showing where she lost money over the last several years. She lost I believe it said 300 members over that same time frame. Well if you add the decline in union membership and the dues that are lost to that of course she did. Every local is hurting, every pension fund is hurting, every 401k is hurting.

But if you take some time to research the decline in money and members in her local compared to other locals or even the IBT under Hoffas watch you will see who has lost more.

I see your are out of Boston, OBrien? Im glad to see Sean made it as a VP, IMO he has earned it despite what a few on here say about him.

My S/T was also named a VP with Hoffa. That does not mean that I have to support Hoffa, I have loyality to Steve because he has earned it. Hoffa has not IMO, and voting for fred would be the same since he is part of the problem and he has had a chance and accomplished nothing. Are you willing to give them another 5 years after the last 12 years? Or you could take the time and research it for yourself and give some new blood a shot.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Well my friend do not believe everything you hear or read, it is campaign time. I read an article that Hoffas people put out showing where she lost money over the last several years. She lost I believe it said 300 members over that same time frame. Well if you add the decline in union membership and the dues that are lost to that of course she did. Every local is hurting, every pension fund is hurting, every 401k is hurting.

But if you take some time to research the decline in money and members in her local compared to other locals or even the IBT under Hoffas watch you will see who has lost more.

I see your are out of Boston, OBrien? Im glad to see Sean made it as a VP, IMO he has earned it despite what a few on here say about him.

My S/T was also named a VP with Hoffa. That does not mean that I have to support Hoffa, I have loyality to Steve because he has earned it. Hoffa has not IMO, and voting for fred would be the same since he is part of the problem and he has had a chance and accomplished nothing. Are you willing to give them another 5 years after the last 12 years? Or you could take the time and research it for yourself and give some new blood a shot.

OBrien said I or any air driver wasn't allowed to get 3 hrs air driving under Article 40. Wouldn't that make you a bit perturbed, being told you can't get your guarantee when Art 40 superceeds any other article w/ same language? being told that someone you bumped within the most recent bid, with less seniority, is allowed to get more on-road hours than you and follow that work?

You mean, despite the facts.

705red

Browncafe Steward

Were you here in 97? The 3 week strike that we went on to win 22.3 jobs, pay raise's for part timers for example. Here we are in 2011 and the starting pay is the exact same it was left in 97. The 22.3's have been eliminated and laid off through out the country for over 2 years now and not 1 had been heard at the national panel 2 date. Hoffa traded the package contract a year early last contract to gain UPS Freight.

Kid your not new to this forum, you have been here for a while. How many of the threads here would not have happened if we had true leadership at the IBT. Half of Hoffa's slate has jumped ship and plan to run against him because they said he has forgotten the membership. I believe it time for a change, someone who has done our job, seen what we have seen and dealt with at work.

705red

Browncafe Steward
OBrien said I or any air driver wasn't allowed to get 3 hrs air driving under Article 40. Wouldn't that make you a bit perturbed, being told you can't get your guarantee when Art 40 superceeds any other article w/ same language? being told that someone you bumped within the most recent bid, with less seniority, is allowed to get more on-road hours than you and follow that work?

You mean, despite the facts.

Facts would be the NLRB/DOL charges you have filed against UPS and your local for this.

lonewolf

Don't know what I am doing yet. But if our members elect Sandy pope and her TDU scum, it will lead to destruction of our Union. TDU is not for the working man or women they are for TDU. be careful of who you vote for.

EyesLookingIn

Don't know what I am doing yet. But if our members elect Sandy pope and her TDU scum, it will lead to destruction of our Union. TDU is not for the working man or women they are for TDU. be careful of who you vote for.

What a uneducated reply from a scared uneducated person.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Ok and I can put your name on it too? Then, you can call a spade a spade next time?

If what you say is true than you know you have options. You can file charges which most people do if they feel the union/company has wronged them and not represented the contract language.

Im on several forums and you are the only person that I have seen that has a problem with Sean and local 25. Some people are never happy and insist on bringing people down to their level of miserability.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If what you say is true than you know you have options. You can file charges which most people do if they feel the union/company has wronged them and not represented the contract language.

Im on several forums and you are the only person that I have seen that has a problem with Sean and local 25. Some people are never happy and insist on bringing people down to their level of miserability.

You didn't answer any of my questions. Take it easy.

TheKid

Were you here in 97? The 3 week strike that we went on to win 22.3 jobs, pay raise's for part timers for example. Here we are in 2011 and the starting pay is the exact same it was left in 97. The 22.3's have been eliminated and laid off through out the country for over 2 years now and not 1 had been heard at the national panel 2 date. Hoffa traded the package contract a year early last contract to gain UPS Freight.

Kid your not new to this forum, you have been here for a while. How many of the threads here would not have happened if we had true leadership at the IBT. Half of Hoffa's slate has jumped ship and plan to run against him because they said he has forgotten the membership. I believe it time for a change, someone who has done our job, seen what we have seen and dealt with at work.

The strike in '97 was about the pension.

tieguy

Banned
And the company created over 10,5000 new 22.3 jobs for :censored2:s and giggles.

some think it was a bribe of sorts. That the company gave the union these make shift jobs to get something they really wanted.

At the time it created another classification of full time jobs with another pay scale. This violated the goals of TDU back then who wanted all union members paid the same amount for doing the same job. Carey as the TDU guy had actually promised less classifications not more.

on any given day depending on the building you could have a friend/t inside, a 22.2 , a 22.3 and a p/t inside employee all basically doing the same job at different pay rates.
Ron Carey and TDU ran against this back then.

These ill thought out jobs not only are paid differently but seem to fall into a whole nother catagory when it comes to seniority rights.

705red

Browncafe Steward
some think it was a bribe of sorts. That the company gave the union these make shift jobs to get something they really wanted.

At the time it created another classification of full time jobs with another pay scale. This violated the goals of TDU back then who wanted all union members paid the same amount for doing the same job. Carey as the TDU guy had actually promised less classifications not more.

on any given day depending on the building you could have a friend/t inside, a 22.2 , a 22.3 and a p/t inside employee all basically doing the same job at different pay rates.
Ron Carey and TDU ran against this back then.

These ill thought out jobs not only are paid differently but seem to fall into a whole nother catagory when it comes to seniority rights.

Your right to a point, these jobs were Carey's idea and vision and won under Carey, but lets be honest who really allowed these jobs to get classified the way they are and the different pay scales? Wasnt it under Hoffa? After Hall took it to Arbitration when UPS said they didnt have the packages to create these jobs?