Sandy Pope

whiskey

She deserves credit for at least giving it the old college try. Even in defeat, she will help reshape the Teamster political landscape.

twoweeled

Can you please give me some "examples" of "all out for their members"....? I have no idea what the heck you are talking about(and I know you don't either). This is the problem today......people just posting "feel good" things to convince other members that things are "good" when actually things are real real bad.

Some people should try talking to full-time drivers and hear what they have to say about the "hostile" atmosphere at UPS instead of posting this BS. When are we going to have a plan to counter UPS..?? The company has one of intimidation and threats, while the 177 "leadership" has no plan at all to offer us...sad, very very sad.

twoweeled

you are 100% correct! There is no fight whatsoever, coming from the union. If local 177 is the exception, then my hats off to them. But I doubt that's the case. the company tells us what they intend to do, and it's a done deal. Usually followed by a response from the union like "it's their company, they can do what they want"!

ups clerk

The 22.3's have been eliminated and laid off through out the country for over 2 years now and not 1 had been heard at the national panel 2 date.

I agree, 705red, and when someone asked Hoffa's mouth piece, hall, about not hearing the 22.3 jobs at the national panel, he said, "We'll wait till after the economy gets better." Are you friend*ing kidding me? In other words, he didn't want to deal with it because he had no answer.:angry-very2:

ups1990

Sandy, made a visit to Pamona, California over this past weekend. I feel that she would make a good leader. She made a very good impression on the UPS workers. There's seems to be very little assistance with our national leadership in regards to UPS issues.

A

anonymous6

Let's face a hard truth. James jr. was elected bc of the Hoffa name. Members were hoping for lightening to strike twice and it didn't. He's a failure so wake up!

Poor Jimmy must be rolling over in his grave ( wherever that is ) sorry couldn't help myself ha ha.

anyway, Sandy Pope reminds me a lot of Ron Carey.

Sandy Pope in 2013 . pass the word.

iowa boy

I like some of Sandy Pope's ideas but it would be nice to see her come to the rest of the country instead of hanging out on both coasts. There are those of us in the middle of the country that would like to see her and hear her speak in person. I just feel that those of us in the smaller locals don't matter to the big wigs that try and run this organization. I personally don't care about Hoffa's ideas, hes just a putz and is more interested in keeping his job than DOING his job.

The stereotypical term 'used car salesman' comes to mind when I think of him.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The last time I emailed her a question, I got a request for a donation. No answer to my question. But, as I said somewhere, a wet paper bag would get my vote at this point.:wink2:

local804

Why? Because the article you posted, that her cronies wrote up, says so?

She does not seem very trustworthy from her demeanor

I met her a few times and she has been at our building talking with the guys . I have two friends in her local and they have nothing bad to say about her. She is a good speaker and when Ronnie was alive, he had nothing but good things to say about her also. The laywer running is the one who is very un trustworthy in our eyes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Where is she campaigning? I live in NY and she hasn't been anywhere near me. Not even up to Syracuse.

Both you and I know that it doesn't matter how Watertown, Postdam or Plattsburgh vote as we are all too small to make a difference. She would be smart to focus her efforts on Worldport and the major hubs along both coasts.

I was trying to find the post where someone mentioned the possibility of Hoffa running and, when he is re-elected, immediately stepping down and letting Hall take over. While I do like the idea is it even legal? If I were Sandy Pope and if I lost and this did indeed happen I would be demanding the election results be thrown out and a new vote be held.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was trying to find the post where someone mentioned the possibility of Hoffa running and, when he is re-elected, immediately stepping down and letting Hall take over. While I do like the idea is it even legal?

It's no different than if someone leaves an elected position for any reason. Happens all the time.

The General Executive Board would vote on who would fill the term.

Sandy has no chance. Gegare is a joke. Incumbents always have the advantage.

Less than 30% of the UPS members even vote. After the election the IBT always posts the the results by Local.

-Bug-

Ibt804Hammer

It's no different than if someone leaves an elected position for any reason. Happens all the time.The General Executive Board would vote on who would fill the term.Sandy has no chance. Gegare is a joke. Incumbents always have the advantage.Less than 30% of the UPS members even vote. After the election the IBT always posts the the results by Local.-Bug-
They said the same thing when Ronnie ran . The one thing about elections is you never know till they are all counted. Hoffa does have an advantage but he is no lock