Santa and the Second Amendment!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Here we go again, another case of a guy stockpiling guns and ends up using them to massacre innocent people. No self defense here, as usual.

But Santa?
Santa-suit killer planned escape to Canada

Gunman severely burned before killing self, police say; ninth victim from COVINA, Calif. - The gunman who killed nine people in a Christmas Eve bloodbath at his ex-in-laws' home intended to flee to Canada but was severely burned before he killed himself, law enforcement officials said Friday.

Police said that after the shooting, 45-year-old Bruce Jeffrey Pardo used a homemade device to spray racing fuel around the home and that the vapor was ignited by a pilot light or candle. He suffered third-degree burns on both arms when it exploded.
Authorities say Pardo's Santa suit melted onto his body before he fled.

After Pardo shot himself to death at his brother's home, authorities found $17,000 on him and a plane ticket for a flight from Los Angeles to Canada.
A ninth body was found Friday morning at the charred site of the massacre where Pardo arrived dressed as Santa.

Pardo reached a Dec. 18 settlement with his ex-wife, who along with her parents was believed to be among the dead. His lawyer and a fellow church usher were among those who said they had never seen anything to indicate he was capable of such a brutal crime.
Pardo's attorney, Stanley Silver, said his client seemed cheerful when he left a message two days before the shooting and was trying to pay $10,000 to finalize the divorce proceedings.
"All of my dealings with him were always pleasant and cheerful," Silver said. "I'd never encountered him when he was ... angry or unpleasant at all."
Pardo left the scene of the killings and was found dead Thursday, of a single bullet to the head, at his brother's house.
Search resumed
The body of his ninth victim was found Friday morning when investigators resumed searching what was left of the two-story home in Covina, 25 miles east of Los Angeles.
Eight bodies were recovered Thursday from the destroyed house; it was not yet known where the gunfire or the flames killed them. None of the dead or missing has been identified.
The bloodbath began about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday when an 8-year-old girl attending a Christmas Eve party answered a knock at the door. A man dressed as Santa and carrying what appeared to a present pulled out a handgun and shot her in the face, then began shooting indiscriminately as partygoers tried to flee.
The gift-wrapped box Pardo was carrying actually contained a pressurized homemade device he used to spray a liquid that quickly sent the house up in flames. Police said Pardo had recently worked in the aerospace industry.
No history of violence
Pardo had no criminal record and no history of violence, according to police, but he was angry following last week's settlement of his divorce after a short marriage.

Dec. 26: Kim Raney, police chief of Covina, Calif., talks about the rampage.
Today show

A court summary of the divorce case shows that Sylvia Pardo filed for a dissolution of marriage on March 24, 2008. The summary indicates she and Bruce Pardo reached a settlement on Dec. 18 and were separated after about two years of marriage.
Court documents show Sylvia Pardo got the couple's dog, the wedding ring and $10,000 in the settlement agreement, while he got the house. In June, the court ordered Bruce Pardo to pay $1,785 a month in spousal support and put him on a payment plan of $450 a month for $3,570 that was unpaid.
Pardo's attorney said the man had trouble making the payments after he lost his job in July, but spousal support was waived in the settlement signed earlier this month.

Overpaid Union Thug

Here we go again, another case of a guy stockpiling guns and ends up using them to massacre innocent people. No self defense here, as usual.

But Santa?
Santa-suit killer planned escape to Canada

Gunman severely burned before killing self, police say; ninth victim from COVINA, Calif. - The gunman who killed nine people in a Christmas Eve bloodbath at his ex-in-laws' home intended to flee to Canada but was severely burned before he killed himself, law enforcement officials said Friday.

Police said that after the shooting, 45-year-old Bruce Jeffrey Pardo used a homemade device to spray racing fuel around the home and that the vapor was ignited by a pilot light or candle. He suffered third-degree burns on both arms when it exploded.
Authorities say Pardo's Santa suit melted onto his body before he fled.

After Pardo shot himself to death at his brother's home, authorities found $17,000 on him and a plane ticket for a flight from Los Angeles to Canada.
A ninth body was found Friday morning at the charred site of the massacre where Pardo arrived dressed as Santa.

Pardo reached a Dec. 18 settlement with his ex-wife, who along with her parents was believed to be among the dead. His lawyer and a fellow church usher were among those who said they had never seen anything to indicate he was capable of such a brutal crime.
Pardo's attorney, Stanley Silver, said his client seemed cheerful when he left a message two days before the shooting and was trying to pay $10,000 to finalize the divorce proceedings.
"All of my dealings with him were always pleasant and cheerful," Silver said. "I'd never encountered him when he was ... angry or unpleasant at all."
Pardo left the scene of the killings and was found dead Thursday, of a single bullet to the head, at his brother's house.
Search resumed
The body of his ninth victim was found Friday morning when investigators resumed searching what was left of the two-story home in Covina, 25 miles east of Los Angeles.
Eight bodies were recovered Thursday from the destroyed house; it was not yet known where the gunfire or the flames killed them. None of the dead or missing has been identified.
The bloodbath began about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday when an 8-year-old girl attending a Christmas Eve party answered a knock at the door. A man dressed as Santa and carrying what appeared to a present pulled out a handgun and shot her in the face, then began shooting indiscriminately as partygoers tried to flee.
The gift-wrapped box Pardo was carrying actually contained a pressurized homemade device he used to spray a liquid that quickly sent the house up in flames. Police said Pardo had recently worked in the aerospace industry.
No history of violence
Pardo had no criminal record and no history of violence, according to police, but he was angry following last week's settlement of his divorce after a short marriage.

Dec. 26: Kim Raney, police chief of Covina, Calif., talks about the rampage.
Today show

A court summary of the divorce case shows that Sylvia Pardo filed for a dissolution of marriage on March 24, 2008. The summary indicates she and Bruce Pardo reached a settlement on Dec. 18 and were separated after about two years of marriage.
Court documents show Sylvia Pardo got the couple's dog, the wedding ring and $10,000 in the settlement agreement, while he got the house. In June, the court ordered Bruce Pardo to pay $1,785 a month in spousal support and put him on a payment plan of $450 a month for $3,570 that was unpaid.
Pardo's attorney said the man had trouble making the payments after he lost his job in July, but spousal support was waived in the settlement signed earlier this month.

So, by your logic <----LOL, the racing fuel and the device used to spray it should be banned along with all guns? And after banning those we should go ahead and add forks, knives, swords, clubs, sharp obects? Hell, lets just ban any and every sold obect while we are at it. BUT WAIT!....liquids too because they can kill as well. Guns don't kill people. People do. And people will always kill other people whether guns are legal or not. There are billions of other objects that can be used.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The saddest part of this story is the number of dead persons SHOT, not burned to death. Innocent people continue to die in this country in alarming numbers by handguns legally owned and improperly used.

Handguns kill more innocent persons in this country everyday, everyweek, every month and every year by legally owned persons than any other group.

You all defend the rights of this nut and people like him to possess weapons, yet you all ignore the victims who are killed by use of those weapons.

Criminals who hold up banks dont go to inlaws homes and massacre people.

Law biding people do.

That's the problem with handguns. This country puts them into the hands of people, and those people claim to own them for self defense, yet, when faced with hard times, take those weapons and kill family members.

The simple fact that we allow people to possess handguns is the main reason for these massacre's.

Its an easy way out. Gun rights advocates could care less who the guns are used on, as long as they can keep theirs.

In this case, 1 man stockpiles guns and ammo, loses his job, gets divorced and decides to take those guns and ammo and go on a rampage.

Where do you have sympathy for the 8 year old girl who was shot in the face and now has an entry wound on the left side of her face and an exit wound on the right side of her face?

This is forever.

We as a nation need to stop the endless killing of innocent family members by the use of handguns and show the world we are not the most violent citizens on the face of the earth. Until then, we ARE the most violent citizens on the planet.

:dead:

tourists24

What good is banning guns going to do for guys like this?... he doesnt mind breaking the law and killing people.... you think he's going to care if he gets a gun illegally?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
YA take my guns so only the crimnals have them. You need to move to Canada where only cops and crimanals have guns.

They also have one of the LOWEST death rates of handguns in the world.

Criminals dont go on rampages on family members, nor do they go on rampages in banks or stores when holding them up. The gun is an intimidation tool during the comission of a crime, unless your in the drug trade.

So, if you are not into the drug trade, or doing anything inproper, then those criminals who would use them would have nothing to do with YOU or your relatives.

The cliche' that only criminals would have guns is not only passe' but rediculous.

There are thousands of criminals in this country with guns, yet in my 49 years I have yet to have one confront me or better yet, come within 1000 yards of my home or family members.

i dont know where you live, but anyone who sez they need guns for self defense needs to find a better neighborhood to live in.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The saddest part of this story is the number of dead persons SHOT, not burned to death. Innocent people continue to die in this country in alarming numbers by handguns legally owned and improperly used....................................

Eight bodies were recovered Thursday from the destroyed house; it was not yet known where the gunfire or the flames killed them. None of the dead or missing has been identified...............................
You are contradicting yourself.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If someone in that house had a handgun, then nine people wouldn't have died. Its insane people like this that prove we need the right to own guns. Like others said, if he didn't use a gun, he would have used something else.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We own guns and will continue to own guns. If this country outlaws guns then I guess I will be an outlaw. You can take my gun when you pry it out of my cold dead fingers.

And if I had been in that house I would have shot the SOB. No doubt, no hesitation.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
To own guns or not to own guns is not a question that any of us can agree with.
For a gun is just another tool, which used properly is fine. Yet when used improperly is a rally point for all those that do not understand that it is just a tool.
To ban all improperly used tools is wrong & makes those that demand such actions seem uneducated towards their proper use.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I have not read anywhere the claim that this man has stockpiled guns and ammo. Where's your proof?

Try to locate the press conference today where the police spelled out all the weapons and ammo he had on himself and in his car. Not to mention his home.

This happened here where I live.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I found what you are talking about. It would appear that he might have had a few guns but having 5 empty boxes does not confirm stockpiling.

ol'browneye

So, if you are not into the drug trade, or doing anything inproper, then those criminals who would use them would have nothing to do with YOU or your relatives.

Gee, I feel so much safer knowing that! So if I am robbed or carjacked I guess I had it coming because I must be dealing drugs or I am a criminal myself! What an idiotic and moronic thing to say! That makes SO much sense!:wacko:

brett636

The saddest part of this story is the number of dead persons SHOT, not burned to death. Innocent people continue to die in this country in alarming numbers by handguns legally owned and improperly used.

Handguns kill more innocent persons in this country everyday, everyweek, every month and every year by legally owned persons than any other group.

You all defend the rights of this nut and people like him to possess weapons, yet you all ignore the victims who are killed by use of those weapons.

Criminals who hold up banks dont go to inlaws homes and massacre people.

Law biding people do.

That's the problem with handguns. This country puts them into the hands of people, and those people claim to own them for self defense, yet, when faced with hard times, take those weapons and kill family members.

The simple fact that we allow people to possess handguns is the main reason for these massacre's.

Its an easy way out. Gun rights advocates could care less who the guns are used on, as long as they can keep theirs.

In this case, 1 man stockpiles guns and ammo, loses his job, gets divorced and decides to take those guns and ammo and go on a rampage.

Where do you have sympathy for the 8 year old girl who was shot in the face and now has an entry wound on the left side of her face and an exit wound on the right side of her face?

This is forever.

We as a nation need to stop the endless killing of innocent family members by the use of handguns and show the world we are not the most violent citizens on the face of the earth. Until then, we ARE the most violent citizens on the planet.

Fact: The top 10 countries for homicide do not include the U.S.

Fact: Since gun banning has escalated in the UK, the rate of crime – especially violent crime – has risen.

Fact: Ironically, firearm use in crimes has doubled in the decade since handguns were banned

Fact: Street robberies soared 28% in 2001. Violent crime was up 11%, murders up 4%, and rapes are up 14% in the UK.

Fact: This trend continues in 2004 with a 10% increase in street crime, 8% increase in muggings, and a 22% increase in robberies.

Fact: In 1919, before it had any gun control, the U.K. had a homicide rate that was 8% of the U.S. rate. By 1986, and after enacting significant gun control, the rate was 9% – practically unchanged.

Fact: “ ... [There is] nothing in the statistics for England and Wales to suggest that either the stricter controls on handguns prior to 1997 or the ban imposed since have controlled access to such firearms by criminals.”

Fact: Comparing crime rates between America and Britain is flawed. In America, a gun crime is recorded as a gun crime. In Britain, a crime is only recorded when there is a final disposition (a conviction). All unsolved gun crimes in Britain are not reported as gun crimes, grossly undercounting the amount of gun crime there. To make matters worse, British law enforcement has been exposed for falsifying criminal reports to create falsely lower crime figures, in part to preserve tourism.

Fact: A continuing parliamentary inquiry into the growing number of black market weapons has concluded that there are more than three million illegally held firearms in circulation - double the number believed to have been held 10 years ago - and that criminals are more willing than ever to use them. One in three criminals under the age of 25 possesses or has access to a firearm.

Fact: Handgun homicides in England and Wales reached an all-time high in 2000, years after a virtual ban on private handgun ownership. More than 3,000 crimes involving handguns wererecorded in 1999-2000, including the 42 homicides, 310 cases of attempted murder, 2,561 robberies and 204 burglaries.

Fact: Multiple victim public shootings drop in states that pass shall-issue CCW legislation.