Santa and the Second Amendment!!

browndevil

If you are in Kalifornia they would consider two guns a stockpile.
Wow! California with a '"K" is there a hidden message there? All you experts on California let me tell you I have lived here my whole life. Forty-six years next month. I have never , ever been in a situation where I needed a gun for protection nor have I ever wanted to own a gun. That is just the way most of us choose to live. I am also not against you owning or wanting guns in your homes. Live and let live, right?
Most of us Californians choose to settle our differences over a fine bottle of Sonoma Vallley red:happy2:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Brett, save your NRA propaganda for your tuesday night gun meetings...

Here is an article from 1998 about gun deaths for the top 36 nations in the world. As you will see, we had the highest death rates then, and are far worse NOW. Oh yeah, and check out england.

U.S. Leads Richest Nations In Gun Deaths

[FONT=HELVETICA, ARIAL, GENEVA]
[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica, arial, geneva]BY CHELSEA J. CARTER
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
[/FONT]

ATLANTA -- The United States has by far the highest rate of gun deaths -- murders, suicides and accidents -- among the world's 36 richest nations, a government study found.
The U.S. rate for gun deaths in 1994 was 14.24 per 100,000 people. Japan had the lowest rate, at .05 per 100,000.
The study, done by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is the first comprehensive international look at gun-related deaths. It was published Thursday in the International Journal of Epidemiology.
The CDC would not speculate why the death rates varied, but other researchers said easy access to guns and society's acceptance of violence are part of the problem in the United States.
``If you have a country saturated with guns -- available to people when they are intoxicated, angry or depressed -- it's not unusual guns will be used more often,'' said Rebecca Peters, a Johns Hopkins University fellow specializing in gun violence. ``This has to be treated as a public health emergency.''
The National Rifle Association called the study shoddy because it failed to examine all causes of violent deaths.
``What this shows is the CDC is after guns. They aren't concerned with violence. It's pretending that no homicide exists unless it's related to guns,'' said Paul Blackman, a research coordinator for the NRA in Fairfax, Va.
The 36 countries chosen were listed as the richest in the World Bank's 1994 World Development Report, with the highest GNP per capita income.
The study used 1994 statistics supplied by the 36 countries. Of the 88,649 gun deaths reported by all the countries, the United States accounted for 45 percent, said Etienne Krug, a CDC researcher and co-author of the article.
Japan, where very few people own guns, averages 124 gun-related attacks a year, and less than 1 percent end in death. Police often raid the homes of those suspected of having weapons.
The study found that gun-related deaths were five to six times higher in the Americas than in Europe or Australia and New Zealand and 95 times higher than in Asia.
Here are gun-related deaths per 100,000 people in the world's 36 richest countries in 1994: United States 14.24; Brazil 12.95; Mexico 12.69; Estonia 12.26; Argentina 8.93; Northern Ireland 6.63; Finland 6.46; Switzerland 5.31; France 5.15; Canada 4.31; Norway 3.82; Austria 3.70; Portugal 3.20; Israel 2.91; Belgium 2.90; Australia 2.65; Slovenia 2.60; Italy 2.44; New Zealand 2.38; Denmark 2.09; Sweden 1.92; Kuwait 1.84; Greece 1.29; Germany 1.24; Hungary 1.11; Republic of Ireland 0.97; Spain 0.78; Netherlands 0.70; Scotland 0.54; England and Wales 0.41; Taiwan 0.37; Singapore 0.21; Mauritius 0.19; Hong Kong 0.14; South Korea 0.12; Japan 0.05.

tourists24

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I have not read anywhere the claim that this man has stockpiled guns and ammo. Where's your proof?

Here's a quote from the Chief regarding the weapons used in the crimes:

"
The victims were believed to range in age from 17 to 80. Police Chief Kim Raney said "he stood over them and shot them execution-style."
Armed with four guns, wearing the Santa suit and carrying a fuel-spraying device wrapped like a present, Pardo showed up at the home at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday as a party of about 25 people was under way.
Raney said Pardo fired a shot into the face of an 8-year-old girl who answered the door and at first fired indiscriminately, then apparently targeted relatives of his ex-wife as other guests fled. The girl survived."

ALL FOUR GUNS WERE FIRED AND EMPTIED INTO THE GUESTS OF THE HOME. :dead:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
so you're saying that banning guns will prevent 30,000 deaths per year?

My first response is simply; DUH.

Secondly, banning hanguns would prevent "innocent" family deaths, rather than deaths related to violent crimes like robbery, holdups or drug trade related crimes.

You fail to realize that the most violent part of our society are the "Law" abiding ones. Typically, a gun used in a holdup for example, is not used to slaughter people, its merely an intimidation tool to get what is wanted.

On the other hand, law abiding people, when life deals them a crappy hand, take the guns in their possession and decide to respond to life by taking the lives of others.

There is no reason for this. This type of homocide is the reason to ban all handguns. As citizens, we kill each other more than any other country in the world including IRAQ.

Why not save some of those 30 thousand people? Why not prevent the deaths and injuries of thousands of children and family members?

Why do gun owners feel its acceptable to "marginalize" the deaths of people in this country?

I personally hate guns. I personally feel there is no need for them.

If cops and robbers have guns, then let THEM shoot it out.

Sure, even without guns there will be crimes, but the difference is simple, a guy with a knife isnt going to go to a christmas party and knife 9 people to death!

With a gun, its almost a guarantee that it will happen again somewhere in this country.

How many school shooting do we have to have in this country before anyone decides to remove guns from homes?

So far, no one wants to, they would rather give access to distured kids so they can inflict there pain onto other innocent children.

GUNS kill, people are just the vehicle for them to do what they are designed to do.

I am truly amazed at how many "wyatt earps" came out and said that "if I had my gun, I would have shot that dude".

How stupid is this.

What are we? The Wild West?

We are going to promote shootouts in the home?

There will be more homocides than ever in the coming months. The economy is wrecked and getting worse by the week, when this happens, family members lose jobs, lose cars, lose homes, get divorced, lose children, then lose their minds and go kill someone or themselves.

This is a fact in this country.

:dead:

chev

Nightcrawler
BLAHH BLAHHH BLAHHHH.

While I do not make light of this tragic situation.
There is always the exception to the rule no matter what the subject is. Give us a break.
What will you be protecting your home with? Words? "Oh go away mister bad man". Are you going to call 911 while you are being tied up or worse? Are you going to ban gasoline. He could have just as easily made a few molotov cocktails and tossed them into the crowd. People are murdered by the masses in many different ways all over the world. This is the reality we live with.

It is too bad no one else was carrying a gun to end it much sooner.
More people are killed on our highways than with guns every year. Do your part and quit driving.
This guy was obviously a nut case. Seems to be contagious.
Get off the anti gun soap box. You look silly up there.

Last edited:

What percentage of those gun killers would use a different instrument to commit their murder? Drowning, knife, tire iron, candle stick...Did Jeffery Dahmer or Ted Bundy ever use a gun?

tourists24

My first response is simply; DUH.
You really think that because you ban guns that people wont get guns? Again I ask if someone is willing to commit the crime of murder, you think they care to commit the crime of having a gun? They WILL find one

You fail to realize that the most violent part of our society are the "Law" abiding ones. Typically, a gun used in a holdup for example, is not used to slaughter people, its merely an intimidation tool to get what is wanted.
dont agree with you there. Look at any police report that involves gun shootings and I dont think that people that snap are more abundant than thug killers,drug dealers, or robbers

There is no reason for this. This type of homocide is the reason to ban all handguns. As citizens, we kill each other more than any other country in the world including IRAQ.
again you speak as if these people are not going to be able to get a gun simply by banning them
Why not save some of those 30 thousand people? Why not prevent the deaths and injuries of thousands of children and family members?
same answer
Why do gun owners feel its acceptable to "marginalize" the deaths of people in this country? nothing marginalized. But by allowing guns, if any victim being attacked bysomeone wielding a gun (illegally maybe), that person has a shot at survival. Your way leaves only the law abiding unprotected.

I personally hate guns. I personally feel there is no need for them.
that's great. You feel no need for that protection. Some people do

Sure, even without guns there will be crimes, but the difference is simple, a guy with a knife isnt going to go to a christmas party and knife 9 people to death!
Unless they obtain a gun illegally, then the result is the same

How many school shooting do we have to have in this country before anyone decides to remove guns from homes?
or maybe they get them by other "illegal" means.

I am truly amazed at how many "wyatt earps" came out and said that "if I had my gun, I would have shot that dude".
please tell us what YOU would have done to him
There will be more homocides than ever in the coming months. The economy is wrecked and getting worse by the week, when this happens, family members lose jobs, lose cars, lose homes, get divorced, lose children, then lose their minds and go kill someone or themselves.
and how does outlawing guns gonna stop them from getting a gun and doing the same thing. Your whole point seems to say "ban the guns and the guns go away". "Ban guns and no one will be able to get one if they really want to".

:dead:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have lots of guns; many different makes & models. What I am lacking is bullets.
So lets just ban bullets.........see problem solved.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
2ndamendment.jpg

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
BLAHH BLAHHH BLAHHHH.

While I do not make light of this tragic situation.
There is always the exception to the rule no matter what the subject is. Give us a break.
What will you be protecting your home with? Words? "Oh go away mister bad man". Are you going to call 911 while you are being tied up or worse? Are you going to ban gasoline. He could have just as easily made a few molotov cocktails and tossed them into the crowd. People are murdered by the masses in many different ways all over the world. This is the reality we live with.

It is too bad no one else was carrying a gun to end it much sooner.
More people are killed on our highways than with guns every year. Do your part and quit driving.
This guy was obviously a nut case. Seems to be contagious.
Get off the anti gun soap box. You look silly up there.

agreed. anyone willing to give up liberty for safety deserve neither. (ben franklin)

tieguy

Banned
Washington DC has banned handguns and yet generally ranks in the top 5 in your violent crimes catogories. the difference is you as a law abiding citizen can not arm yourself in defense.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Washington DC has banned handguns and yet generally ranks in the top 5 in your violent crimes catogories. the difference is you as a law abiding citizen can not arm yourself in defense.
C'mon tie, I know you live in this area and you must be well aware that DC's problems have very little to do with their gun control laws.