Sarah Palin- The gift that keeps on giving!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My ol'e my, Sarah Palin wonders us again with her wit and charm. How can it be that this lady who is as bright as a burned out lightbulb, can still yet be popular with the right wingers? This time, she fascinates us with her support of our troops by dawning a metal pin with the word HOOAH on it. Now, if your unfamiliar with street slang, you may not find this interesting on its face, but if you use the term "yourself" Like I DO, and IBSLICK50- back me up on this, this term is a derrogatory term for :

Whore, Slut, Prostitute, Skank or working girl. Yep, the word, coined in New Jersey and used in parts of New York has been used in many MOVIES, SITCOMS and TELEVISION SHOWS. John Steward did a take on the word and featured such a show.

Stewart Mocks Palin's 'Hooah' Pin

Now, what I find amuzing is the fact that either "HER" handlers are just plain stupid, or those at FOX are just as stupid or is this an ALL OF THE ABOVE checkmark on stupid?

I loved the movie BEER LEAGUE where the WORD HOOAH was the featured GAG word throughout the movie. The movie was a dirty comedy starring Ralph Machccio of the karate kid fame.

Sometimes its amazing how this woman will pander herself for publicity, and when it goes all wrong, it goes BIG!!! LOLOLOLOL

Sarah+Palin+Palin+gives+thumbs+up+515lfD_fLlul.jpg

Sarah+Palin+Sarah+Palin+Returns+Hotel+ZGZMQMuSUoJl.jpg

Peace

TOS

4/18/12 320pm

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hooah (pronounced /ˈhuːɑː/) is a U.S. Army and a Canadian Army battle cry used by soldiers and also in use by the U.S. Air Force airmen "referring to or meaning anything and everything except no."

She supports the military. Too bad you just try to make something dirty of it !! (not a word about any dirty usage)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooah

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
HOOAH is NOT the spelling of the slang term for the Marines or Army. The history of the term goes like this:

Right after Korea in 1953 the 1st Amphibious Reconnaissance Company, FMFPAC can be credited with the birth of "OORAH" in the Corps.

Specifically, where it came from was when Recon Marines were aboard the Submarine USS PERCH, ASSP-313. The Perch was an old WWII diesel boat retrofitted to carry UDT and Amphib Recon Marines. If you remember the old war movies, whenever the boat was to dive, you heard on the PA system, "DIVE,DIVE", and you heard the horn sound "AARUGHA", like an old Model "A" horn.

Sometime in 1953 or 1954, 1st Amphib Recon Marines, while on a conditioning run on land singing chants, someone imitated the "Dive" horn sound "AARUGHA", and it naturally became a Recon Warrior chant or mantra while on runs. It is sort of like the martial arts yell and adds a positive inference to the action. And this became part of Recon lexicon.

Former SgtMaj of the Marine Corps, John Massaro, was the company gunny of 1st Force in the late 50s and when he tansferred to MCRDSD as an instructor at DI school he took "AARUGHA" with him and passed it on to the DI students and they , in turn, passed it on to recruits.

Just as "Gung Ho" became symbolic of the WWII Raiders, so did "AARUGHA" become part of the new "running Marine Corps."

Over time, "AARUGHA" EVENTUALLY CHANGED TO "OORAH". The official Marine Corps Training Reference Manual on the history of Marine Recon is titled "AARUGHA", giving credence on the orgination of the 'POSITIVE RESPONSE' accenting anything that is meant to be good and uniquely Marine Corps.

It is part of Marine Corps language, like "Pogey Bait", "SOS", etc.

OORAH!!!

HOOAH is a slang term for whore, slut or prostitute.

THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE TERM!! Take your HOOAH to a Marine and he'll do her for 50 bucks. Take a OORAH to a marine and he'll salute you.

Peace

TOS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As usual, TOS is just making stuff up.
I could find nothing of what he posted in 10 minutes of googling.
I think what TOS posted is known as a "Biden" aka SNAFU.

This is what Hooah actually means:
It is a phonetic spelling of the acronym HUA which are the first letters of the term - Heard, Understood, acknowledged.

Originally used by the British military in the late 1800's in Afghanistan. More recently adopted by the United States Army to indicate an affirmative or a pleased response.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
As usual, TOS is just making stuff up.
I could find nothing of what he posted in 10 minutes of googling.
I think what TOS posted is known as a "Biden" aka SNAFU.

This is what Hooah actually means:
It is a phonetic spelling of the acronym HUA which are the first letters of the term - Heard, Understood, acknowledged.

Originally used by the British military in the late 1800's in Afghanistan. More recently adopted by the United States Army to indicate an affirmative or a pleased response.

FAIL...

Upgrade to DSL dude.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hooah (pronounced /ˈhuːɑː/) is a U.S. Army and a Canadian Army battle cry used by soldiers and also in use by the U.S. Air Force airmen "referring to or meaning anything and everything except no."

She supports the military. Too bad you just try to make something dirty of it !! (not a word about any dirty usage)

WIKI is not Websters missy, May I suggest you research the Marine Corps?

Peace

TOS

Returntosender

hooaah
Commonly found in nightclubs, the "hooaah" is a sad male example of the species who preys upon those much younger than himself, often (but not limited to) those of the opposing gender. In attempting to "make a play," the "hooaah" will circumnavigate his target in a wild manner associated with dancing (in his mind). They are rarely appealing and often are the cause of fights and screaming, running ladies.

Hoo-ah
1. Acknowledgment, although sometimes not agreement.
2. Excessively rigid or displays unnecessary military bearing.

Believed to have originated with Army Engineers in World War II, who when forced to "Hurry Up And Wait" chanted acronymn - H.U.A.W. - which became today's Hoo-ah

Hoo Ahh
A ****ing sweet ass celebration when you or your buddy totally just raped someone.

Urban Dictonary slangs.

wkmac

hooaah
Commonly found in nightclubs, the "hooaah" is a sad male example of the species who preys upon those much younger than himself, often (but not limited to) those of the opposing gender. In attempting to "make a play," the "hooaah" will circumnavigate his target in a wild manner associated with dancing (in his mind). They are rarely appealing and often are the cause of fights and screaming, running ladies.

Hoo-ah
1. Acknowledgment, although sometimes not agreement.
2. Excessively rigid or displays unnecessary military bearing.

Believed to have originated with Army Engineers in World War II, who when forced to "Hurry Up And Wait" chanted acronymn - H.U.A.W. - which became today's Hoo-ah

Hoo Ahh
A ****ing sweet ass celebration when you or your buddy totally just raped someone.

Urban Dictonary slangs.

Sounds a lot like United States foreign policy.

P

pickup

I have to agree with T.O.S. on this one for a variety of reasons. I have overheard this conversation many a time in my life ( no variation ), although not as frequently in the last few years.

Girl 1 to Girl 2: Angela, that girl is a hooah.(in reference to Girl 3)

Girl 3(who overheard girl 1): who are YOU calling a hooah?

I think PT Stewie can attest to this as he lives in Philly.

While the pin might be there to honor the military with an expression or phrase that is known by their members. I think the general population is unaware of the military implications of it. I know what I think when I see that pin.

Yet, another mistake by Palin. She had plenty of time to think and research this one through and didn't.

P

pickup

For chrissake, just google the term and urban dictionary will explain it the way T.O.S and I think it should be explain.

Edit: I see T.O.S has already referenced this fine online resource.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It seems the most usage of a word is in the first part....if you have to scroll down, then you are into slang and obtuse definitions.

If you rely on slang and urban definitions, oh well!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I, personally, like anything made of diamonds. So, if she gave it to me because of some slang meaning, I'd wear it and smile. Who cares what it means, is what I'd be thinking, it's probably worth more than your house. :rofl:

P

pickup

It seems the most usage of a word is in the first part....if you have to scroll down, then you are into slang and obtuse definitions.

If you rely on slang and urban definitions, oh well!

It really pained me to agree with T.O.S, it truly did.

Pt Stewie: can we get a ruling??

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hooah is a term we use here in so calif as it was brought here by east coasters. In a disscussion, we may use the term "hey check out those hooahs over by the bar".... And we aint talking about Sarah Palin!

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hooah is a term we use here in so calif as it was brought here by east coasters. In a disscussion, we may use the term "hey check out those hooahs over by the bar".... And we aint talking about Sarah Palin!

Peace

TOS

Well, I never heard of it except hearing the military............I live in SoCal too. Apparently I don't hang in bars like you do.