Sarah Palin- The gift that keeps on giving!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thats the point.. SHES NEVER SEEN RUSSIA FROM ANYWHERE IN ALASKA. She admitted such. She "heard" you could see Russia from "land" in alaska, she just didnt mention you couldnt get there without an aircraft.

Again, something said in pure stupidity. But how would you know how to tell the difference?

TOS.
I know that lots of people don't get anywhere in Alaska without the small plane....don't you watch Escaping Alaska? You could learn something.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I know that lots of people don't get anywhere in Alaska without the small plane....don't you watch Escaping Alaska? You could learn something.

Not interested in Alaska, other than to watch the trials of Palins relatives for running drug houses or selling drugs to children.

TOS.

UPS Lifer

Not a fan of Palin since the election but I don't like to see gutter bugs make a mockery out of support for our military. Those Heroes who are and have served our country deserve better. Most come home scarred for life in one manner or another. Some don't come home at all and others come home in a box. Show a little respect you gutter bugs.
Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 4.30.54 PM.png

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not a fan of Palin since the election but I don't like to see gutter bugs make a mockery out of support for our military. Those Heroes who are and have served our country deserve better. Most come home scarred for life in one manner or another. Some don't come home at all and others come home in a box. Show a little respect you gutter bugs.
Who made a mockery out of support for our military?

BrownArmy

Not a fan of Palin since the election but I don't like to see gutter bugs make a mockery out of support for our military. Those Heroes who are and have served our country deserve better. Most come home scarred for life in one manner or another. Some don't come home at all and others come home in a box. Show a little respect you gutter bugs...

Did I miss something?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
IMO - By mocking the pin that Palin is wearing mocks the military.. but realistically, I don't expect anything different from the person who started this thread.

Sorry bub, its PALIN who is mocking the military. To this wench, the military is nothing more than a political backdrop to a photo op.

TOS.

wkmac

Sorry bub, its PALIN who is mocking the military. To this wench, the military is nothing more than a political backdrop to a photo op.

TOS.

ALL politicians on one level or another play the game of using the military for it's PR value. Some are in your face, others are more subtle and it's the latter who I consider the more dangerous.

Here and here are just 2 other examples of using the military to drive an emotion in order to direct people's thinking. Manufacturing Consent is not by any means the lone side of a single coin.

Maybe Palin's crime if it were one is that she's not as sophisticated in using such tools covertly to hide the agenda or the intended target audience doesn't require such sophistication in the first place!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
ALL politicians on one level or another play the game of using the military for it's PR value. Some are in your face, others are more subtle and it's the latter who I consider the more dangerous.

Here and here are just 2 other examples of using the military to drive an emotion in order to direct people's thinking. Manufacturing Consent is not by any means the lone side of a single coin.

Maybe Palin's crime if it were one is that she's not as sophisticated in using such tools covertly to hide the agenda or the intended target audience doesn't require such sophistication in the first place!

THere is a big difference between the two people WKMC. One is the PRESIDENT of the United States, and the other is a blabbling maroon who enjoys reaching into the pockets of every idiot willing to pay to listen to her.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe when her son was in the military she wore a flag pin in support of him....could be something as simple as that.

bbsam

Staff member
IMO - By mocking the pin that Palin is wearing mocks the military.. but realistically, I don't expect anything different from the person who started this thread.
I don't know about that, but watching her pandering around with a Star of David proved to me what kind of political sleaze she is. Why should her wearing a pin be taken more seriously?

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Maybe when her son was in the military she wore a flag pin in support of him....could be something as simple as that.
Palin's decades serving in the military has given her valuable insight into its operations and its mission. Yes, that's the ticket. Its very much like her valuable and hard earned insights into foreign affairs and our nation's constitution.Or explain the "Bush Doctrine" or tell us about a Supreme Court decision.

bbsam

Staff member
Palin's decades serving in the military has given her valuable insight into its operations and its mission. Yes, that's the ticket. Its very much like her valuable and hard earned insights into foreign affairs and our nation's constitution.Or explain the "Bush Doctrine" or tell us about a Supreme Court decision.
"Huh?"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Palin wears the pin because she gets political gain from it. Your support for he military or lack thereof is not dependent on a pin. Sarah and her handlers know exactly what appeals to her base...guns, support for the military etc....the usual Tea Party talking points. Not wearing the pin might get some folks upset, because they just see the symbol an assume it has meaning.

I mock Sarah because she is a genuine idiot, but a total fake when it comes to actually living the life se professes to support. The Palins' are uneducated White Trash, and she is an opportunist who is cashing-in on the stupidity of the Tea Party.

moreluck

golden ticket member
How can you say why anyone wears anything and what it means to them in their life........did you interview her yourself?

Maybe you wear tinfoil on your head......you have your reasons, I'm sure, but I don't know what they are.

They are white trash worth $20 million (so the divorce lawyers say). I aspire to be white trash too.

I'm already redneck according to my neighbor. Dolly Parton calls herself whitetrash and hillbilly too in her latest interview.. I would like to have coffee with all of these folks.

oldngray

nowhere special
How can you say why anyone wears anything and what it means to them in their life........did you interview her yourself?

Maybe you wear tinfoil on your head......you have your reasons, I'm sure, but I don't know what they are.

They are white trash worth $20 million (so the divorce lawyers say). I aspire to be white trash too.

I'm already redneck according to my neighbor. Dolly Parton calls herself whitetrash and hillbilly too in her latest interview.. I would like to have coffee with all of these folks.

I was thinking he was wearing a different hat

johnny-carson-carnac.jpg