Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Poor old Joe never got over it...

Liberman-Heartbreak.jpg
Liberman-Heartbreak.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
(It's a Politico story) found on WZ and thanks to upstate for reminding me I hadn't visited there today!!!

If it was me, I'd tell Katie to kiss my --- !!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 @ 2:38 pm | Katie Couric Begging Sarah Palin To Appear On Her New Talk Show…

For some reason I doubt Palin would help the “perky one” lift her ratings.
(Politico) — Katie Couric has extended an open invitation to Sarah Palin to guest on her forthcoming daytime talk show, Katie.

“She has an open invitation to come talk to me,” Couric said while previewing Katie in Orlando yesterday. “I’m not sure she’d be interested, but she’d certainly be welcome. She’s a fascinating figure not only on the political scene but in popular culture.”

Couric also said she had “no regrets” about the interviews she held with Palin in 2008 for CBS News, which introduced the woefully unprepared vice presidential nominee to national audiences in an unfavorable light.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
(It's a Politico story) found on WZ and thanks to upstate for reminding me I hadn't visited there today!!!

If it was me, I'd tell Katie to kiss my --- !!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 @ 2:38 pm | Katie Couric Begging Sarah Palin To Appear On Her New Talk Show…

For some reason I doubt Palin would help the “perky one” lift her ratings.
(Politico) — Katie Couric has extended an open invitation to Sarah Palin to guest on her forthcoming daytime talk show, Katie.

“She has an open invitation to come talk to me,” Couric said while previewing Katie in Orlando yesterday. “I’m not sure she’d be interested, but she’d certainly be welcome. She’s a fascinating figure not only on the political scene but in popular culture.”

Couric also said she had “no regrets” about the interviews she held with Palin in 2008 for CBS News, which introduced the woefully unprepared vice presidential nominee to national audiences in an unfavorable light.

Thats HARDLY "begging" for an appearance. An open invitation is not a beg. Its out there, its now up to PALIN to make the next move. There is NO WAY PALIN wants to face up and speak to COURIC who clearly dominates PALINS scripted nonsense.

PALIN and her handlers will NEVER allow her to speak outside the controlled environment of the FOX SPEWS channel where she just reads scripted rhetoric for the drones likely to pay attention to her.

Again, another non story.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Shockingly, the Obama administration itself has used the same “shuck and jive” phrase itself with no race card backlash.

Via WaPo:
Like many conservative pundits, Sarah Palin is criticizing President Obama for his administration’s inconsistent statements on the Benghazi, Libya, attack. Unlike many conservative pundits, Palin used the term “shuck and jive” to describe Obama’s behavior.

In a Facebook post today, Palin wrote: “Obama’s Shuck and Jive Ends With Benghazi Lies.” She also used the term in the text of the post, which concludes, “President Obama’s shuck and jive shtick with these Benghazi lies must end.”

The phrase “shuck and jive” popped up in the last presidential election cycle too, when New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo said, “You can’t shuck and jive at a press conference. All those moves you can make with the press don’t work when you’re in someone’s living room.” At the time, Cuomo was supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton in her primary race against Barack Obama and others.

CNN commentator Roland Martin responded by issuing a tutorial on the racially loaded nature of those words:
“Shucking and jiving” have long been words used as a negative assessment of African Americans, along the lines of a “foot shufflin’ Negro.” In fact, I don’t recall ever hearing the phrase used in reference to anyone white.

According to a story in Newsday, “The 1994 book ‘Juba to Jive, a Dictionary of African-American Slang,’ says ‘shuck and jive’ dates back to the 1870s and was an ‘originally southern ‘Negro’ expression for clowning, lying, pretense.’”

bbsam

Staff member
How do you say that there was no race card backlash? Hillary Clinton lost. I think there were probably quite a few editorials at the time taking Cuomo to task. Why does Sara get more scrutiny? Because she adores it. She's on the other side. Battles inside the party are always smaller than across party lines. I would have been fascinated if she had used "shuck and jive" while describing Cain's 999 plan.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And if a Liberal idiot would have said that would the media have reported and it was a racist statement...NOT!!!

Shucking and Jiving is "SLAVE" terminology going back to the slave era. PALIN herself is TOOO stupid to come up with something like this. Clearly, her handlers gave her something to say and she just repeated the line as she has since she was the VP candidate.

Some speech writer prepared these remarks for her, and like the idiot she is, she said it without knowing or having the knowledge what she was saying.

Shucking is what the slaves did in the fields to corn . While shucking corn, black slaves would find ways to make themselves happy as they were forced to work. They came up with ways to entertain themselves and "JIVING" was a way to keep things on a happy note.

Now, the speech writer thought he was being creative when he used the term SHUCK and JIVE for OBAMA implying that OBAMA was SHUCKING while at work and JIVING as to keep things happy.

Its clearly a RACIAL statement and it matters not who used it before, PALIN was the perfect person to use the line, shes a puppet and the puppet masters know she is tooooooooo stupid to red pen anything they put in front of her.

Racism is a way to motivate the right wing, and these simple words were the dog whistle of the day.

Peace

TOS

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oakley's are great sunglasses. Who cares if they aren't the rage? I still have Vaurnet's from 30 years ago.. Frame is still perfect. Just get new lenses.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oakley's are great sunglasses. Who cares if they aren't the rage? I still have Vaurnet's from 30 years ago.. Frame is still perfect. Just get new lenses.
We see Oakleys building whenever we take the 241 toll road on the beginning leg of our Vegas trips.

UPS Lifer

I had no idea what "shucking and jiving" meant... but the real racists out there know all to well what it means.
It reminds me of the phrase "young buck" a few months ago in one of the threads... (which I still don't buy)

There are two types of racists. -

1) Those who think their race is better than yours

2) Those who have hidden anger and hatred of the race they believe has set them back

Some folks fit into both categories...

moreluck

golden ticket member
We used the term shucking & jiving to describe all the blabbing done by the car salesmen at the dealership I worked at.....none of them were black ( Salt Lake, you know), just the slime of the earth!!!! (except Westbury & Breedlove)

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Shucking and Jiving is "SLAVE" terminology going back to the slave era. PALIN herself is TOOO stupid to come up with something like this. Clearly, her handlers gave her something to say and she just repeated the line as she has since she was the VP candidate.

Some speech writer prepared these remarks for her, and like the idiot she is, she said it without knowing or having the knowledge what she was saying.

Shucking is what the slaves did in the fields to corn . While shucking corn, black slaves would find ways to make themselves happy as they were forced to work. They came up with ways to entertain themselves and "JIVING" was a way to keep things on a happy note.

Now, the speech writer thought he was being creative when he used the term SHUCK and JIVE for OBAMA implying that OBAMA was SHUCKING while at work and JIVING as to keep things happy.

Its clearly a RACIAL statement and it matters not who used it before, PALIN was the perfect person to use the line, shes a puppet and the puppet masters know she is tooooooooo stupid to red pen anything they put in front of her.

Racism is a way to motivate the right wing, and these simple words were the dog whistle of the day.

Peace

TOS

Too funny...you repeated almost word for word what Chris Mathews spewed. Thanks for the laugh.

By the way...your buddy Chris has used the term Shuck and Jive twice in the last year and so has your Messiahs spokesperson Jay Carney...them damn racists!!! I guess their handlers wrote it for them and they are too STUPID....Bhahahhwhahhahahahahwhahhawhhhaaaahahaha!!!!!

M

MenInBrown

Too funny...you repeated almost word for word what Chris Mathews spewed. Thanks for the laugh.

By the way...your buddy Chris has used the term Shuck and Jive twice in the last year and so has your Messiahs spokesperson Jay Carney...them damn racists!!! I guess their handlers wrote it for them and they are too STUPID....Bhahahhwhahhahahahahwhahhawhhhaaaahahaha!!!!!

Its called desperation.