Sat. Air Top Rate?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by instantK, May 3, 2012.

1. instantK

instantK Member

What is the saturday air driver top rate?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

What is your current classification?

3. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Active Member

$23.70/hr

4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I thought it was closer to $25? There is no difference between sat air and regular air pay.

5. brown_trousers

well... Im a part-time "exception" air driver and make $23.70/hr , but I think the pay is the same for part-time saturday drivers. FT air drivers and FT combo air drivers are on a slightly different pay scale as well. I know that the FT 22.3 guys I work with make close to $25/hr for the air driving, but thats only for full-time

6. instantK

instantK Member

ok thanx, i get 23.79

7. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

PT top air rate is different than FT air rate. You are coded as a FT air driver and receive something like $2/hr greater top wage. My saturday air rate was $25.79 in the 22.3 combo.

8. Tim.

Tim. Package Placement Expert

5 plus years with the company...Went to "driving school" in Feb. Make $12.50 an hour when I deliver air. Almost a $2.00 an hour paycut to do so. Love every minute of it. Love it even MORE when I deliver ground!:yesssmileyf:

9. brown_trousers

yep. As far as I'm concerned, air driving is the "sweet spot" career here at UPS. If I could have maintained decent hours as an air-exception driver I would NEVER bid into a FT ground driving position. Last year we had a few of 22.3 guys out on long-term disability so I, as a PT air driver, ended up driving almost every day mon-sat, 40-50 hrs a week and sometimes ground. I ended up at 47k for the year. Even though thats not a lot compared to FT ground drivers, the air driving is almost stress free. I dread the day they call me into FT ground driving, because I know it will be 10x harder work.

10. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

It's all stress free as long as you do it by the book. One stop at a time be it 20 or 200, they all come off the same way each time.

11. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

become one and find out. one more person who works in a hub of one person

12. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

The pt'ers here are making that. Just saying. I was at $22 like 4 years ago, or something.