Sat. Air Top Rate?

brown_trousers

well... Im a part-time "exception" air driver and make $23.70/hr , but I think the pay is the same for part-time saturday drivers. FT air drivers and FT combo air drivers are on a slightly different pay scale as well. I know that the FT 22.3 guys I work with make close to $25/hr for the air driving, but thats only for full-time

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I thought it was closer to $25? There is no difference between sat air and regular air pay.
PT top air rate is different than FT air rate. You are coded as a FT air driver and receive something like $2/hr greater top wage. My saturday air rate was $25.79 in the 22.3 combo.

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
5 plus years with the company...Went to "driving school" in Feb. Make $12.50 an hour when I deliver air. Almost a $2.00 an hour paycut to do so. Love every minute of it. Love it even MORE when I deliver ground!:yesssmileyf:

brown_trousers

5 plus years with the company...Went to "driving school" in Feb. Make $12.50 an hour when I deliver air. Almost a $2.00 an hour paycut to do so. Love every minute of it. Love it even MORE when I deliver ground!:yesssmileyf:

yep. As far as I'm concerned, air driving is the "sweet spot" career here at UPS. If I could have maintained decent hours as an air-exception driver I would NEVER bid into a FT ground driving position. Last year we had a few of 22.3 guys out on long-term disability so I, as a PT air driver, ended up driving almost every day mon-sat, 40-50 hrs a week and sometimes ground. I ended up at 47k for the year. Even though thats not a lot compared to FT ground drivers, the air driving is almost stress free. I dread the day they call me into FT ground driving, because I know it will be 10x harder work.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
yep. As far as I'm concerned, air driving is the "sweet spot" career here at UPS. If I could have maintained decent hours as an air-exception driver I would NEVER bid into a FT ground driving position. Last year we had a few of 22.3 guys out on long-term disability so I, as a PT air driver, ended up driving almost every day mon-sat, 40-50 hrs a week and sometimes ground. I ended up at 47k for the year. Even though thats not a lot compared to FT ground drivers, the air driving is almost stress free. I dread the day they call me into FT ground driving, because I know it will be 10x harder work.
It's all stress free as long as you do it by the book. One stop at a time be it 20 or 200, they all come off the same way each time.