Satan's paperweight

Mack Grant

An anvil. Just like the ones used by village blacksmiths to forge red-hot steel into swords. Also used by the Road Runner to drop on the head of Wile E Coyote in a canyon far below. 122 pounds of solid iron. These are manufactured by an outfit in Lexington IL, I pity the poor driver who has to pick them up every day!
View attachment 11684

Sent using BrownCafe App
Which leads me to say that the amount of over 70's, irregs, bulk, whatever you want to call it on certain routes can really sour a day. "Number of over 70's for this stop" too many.

S

selfcancelsignal

Never delivered an anvil, but have delivered a 145 pound auger to 1 of our local rental places. Loaded a few of 'em too when I worked the preload. Always got help in the center to load them, but while delivering before I could ask the scrawny guy for help, he came to the end of the PC & yanked it out of the truck & set it down. Looked at me like I was a giant puss cake. All I could think was he totally didn't use any of the 8 keys of lifting & lowering. LMAO.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Delivering that thing was brutal.

The farrier shop it went to also got four 60 lb. boxes of horseshoes. So I backed up to the shop, slid everything to the rear door, scanned it and then went inside to get a signature from the owner and use the bathroom while a pair of brawny young stable hands hauled all 360 lbs of that crap into the barn. Work smarter not harder!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Z

ZQXC

Delivering that thing was brutal.

The farrier shop it went to also got four 60 lb. boxes of horseshoes. So I backed up to the shop, slid everything to the rear door, scanned it and then went inside to get a signature from the owner and use the bathroom while a pair of brawny young stable hands hauled all 360 lbs of that crap into the barn. Work smarter not harder!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Which begs the question: How often does someone need a replacement anvil?

Z

ZQXC

So exactly the same as a replacement wife/husband.
(Kind of gives Satan's paperweight a whole new meaning)

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Here's pics of me delivering anvils. Suck it!!!
jowett-anvil.jpg
Better not let a supervisor see you delivering them like that on an observation. Would be getting written up for not using your POWER ZONE.

soberups

Which begs the question: How often does someone need a replacement anvil?

More often than you might think, if one is a professional farrier. The shop on my route gets these in from time to time to sell to local farriers who have mobile trailers. They do wear out eventually, the edges get rounded off and they develop cracks and chips. Whenever I deliver one, its not my back that I worry about so much as my toes; drop one of these bad boys on your foot and you could wind up a cripple.

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Never delivered an anvil, but have delivered a 145 pound auger to 1 of our local rental places. Loaded a few of 'em too when I worked the preload. Always got help in the center to load them, but while delivering before I could ask the scrawny guy for help, he came to the end of the PC & yanked it out of the truck & set it down. Looked at me like I was a giant puss cake. All I could think was he totally didn't use any of the 8 keys of lifting & lowering. LMAO.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal
If that scrawny guy had to do your job for 20 years he wouldn't be handling irregs that way. I check my ego at the door when I come to work, just because I CAN lift something by myself doesnt mean I SHOULD lift something by myself, and if that makes me a giant puss cake then so be it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

vowl

up late
This is why people need new anvils:

Saw an anvil blast a few years ago and it was cooler than any fireworks show I have ever seen.

If that scrawny guy had to do your job for 20 years he wouldn't be handling irregs that way. I check my ego at the door when I come to work, just because I CAN lift something by myself doesnt mean I SHOULD lift something by myself, and if that makes me a giant puss cake then so be it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I'm one and with sprinkles to boot.