Satellite driver question

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I pulled a trailer to a Satelite for almost 4 years. This 4/10 info would of been great info then. The plan day was always a nightmare. No one in management or IE ever had a clue on how to manage my route or the two satellite routes. We asked how to code out the drop and hookup at night. They just told me to take credit for another hook and unhook. I researched so much info on it that it was i that informed them that the feeder driver(guy with pup) had to help unload. Management had no clue. Anyhow after consecutive weeks of 14hr plan days and running out of gas I finally had enough. Managements response....we don't care if you have to fill up with gas three times a day. Well we no longer have the satellites but we certainly still have no idea how to run them. Funny thing is that due to the location of the Satelite all routes involved generally ran more miles. I ran the most with usually over 200.

UPSGUY72

If you're a satellite driver, is it OK for your stupervisor to send you a text 1hr before your scheduled start time telling you due to low volume you are laid-off today?

Read you contract local supplement part that deal with Layoffs. In my area they would need to tell you 24 in advance and give you the option to displace the lowest seniority person working in the building.

By The Book

Today, I was told I had no chance of working. But just found out 2 lower senority people are shuttling air. Unreal. ....
I would suggest calling your business agent/ local union office. Heck if its close drive over there and discuss your situation with them. Write down your work schedule and all conversations with your management team.