Satellite Routes

thedownhillEXPRESS

Hearing that other stations in our district are warning of satellite routes,.i.e. you have an extended route, you drive out to your truck ( at a agreed location between Fedex and say a gas station) and don't even set foot in the station.
This is being told to extended routes.
I know UPS has something like this.
Sure would get alot of people to quit (especially senior employees with rural routes? ) when they have to drive with their own vehicle back and forth to their extended delivery area.
Anyone else getting this yet?

LTFedExer

Hearing that other stations in our district are warning of satellite routes,.i.e. you have an extended route, you drive out to your truck ( at a agreed location between Fedex and say a gas station) and don't even set foot in the station.
This is being told to extended routes.
I know UPS has something like this.
Sure would get alot of people to quit (especially senior employees with rural routes? ) when they have to drive with their own vehicle back and forth to their extended delivery area.
Anyone else getting this yet?
We have one of those in our station. Whenever that courier goes on vacation or calls in sick, the covering courier comes to the station for his/her freight and a truck and gets paid for the driving time. Makes for a very long day (over 400 miles). I was also told, by another courier, that when that courier retires/quits, the new courier on that route will start at the station. It would be a 2.5 hour drive for almost anyone just to get to the truck.