Satellite TV or Cable? A non-poll, poll

We just had AT&T Uverse installed and love it. The cost of it is less that Dish+Phone+Internet and it is all incorporated. Fiber optic is pretty cool.

EmerCond421

Cable and internet from one company and Qwest for phone as cells are unreliable at home. Had a dish for a couple years - besides cost going up every year the neighbors remote (same service) would change our channel!!

DirecTV with the Total Choice and HD for TV.
Verizon for DSL, cell phones and basic land line package.

All three bundled together for a total cost of 207 bucks. This also includes the unlimited data, calls and texting for our cells

tarbar66

DirecTV with the Total Choice and HD for TV.
Verizon for DSL, cell phones and basic land line package.

All three bundled together for a total cost of 207 bucks. This also includes the unlimited data, calls and texting for our cells

I have been with Verizon forever for phone & cell. When DSL became available I signed up for that too.

We got a big screen HD TV so I went with DirecTV thru Verizon for the HD and Versus as part of the package. Since Comcast owns Versus DirecTV does not want to pay Comcast's ridiculous rates I no longer have Versus. I did like Dish TV's ability to watch DVR'd shows on 2 different TV's. You can't do that on DirecTV. When FIOS becomes available here I will go with it once my 2 year contract is up with DirecTV.

I have been with Verizon forever for phone & cell. When DSL became available I signed up for that too.

We got a big screen HD TV so I went with DirecTV thru Verizon for the HD and Versus as part of the package. Since Comcast owns Versus DirecTV does not want to pay Comcast's ridiculous rates I no longer have Versus. I did like Dish TV's ability to watch DVR'd shows on 2 different TV's. You can't do that on DirecTV. When FIOS becomes available here I will go with it once my 2 year contract is up with DirecTV.

To watch TV in different rooms with DirecTV you would need to order a dual tuner DVR and the dish would have to have dual LPN outputs. We ordered the dual LPN dish but just have one TV so we didn't order the dual tuner DVR.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I just settled my issue with the phone company and Directv. They never actually bundled the 3 so I would get one bill. I ended up calling the phone company and downgrading my phone to local usage only and they gave me this and 1/2 priced internet for 6 months, at which time I can make some other choices. Hopefully I'll have a day off so I can call them since they close at 7pm and if you call between 6:30pm and 7pm they always cut you off.:biting:

As for Directv, I explained my situation and the billing department refunded (credit on the next bill) the amount I paid for the pay channels in the "bundle" (scam). They also gave me a $10 credit per month for one full year as an apology. I thne downgraded my services to the pkg just above the basic pkg and now I'm content. I'll update this when I get my next bill to be sure they did what they said they would.