Satuday work.

DRAisawesome

We are getting blown up on Saturdays. We don't have enough people to work. Used to be 6 hrs or less. Wondering how other stations are managing the people for Saturdays? I see in the near future that new full time routes will have a random day off during week and will work Saturdays. Their weekday off will be filled by a swing. Any thoughts?

Slick silver

We r still volunteering on Saturdays at my station. Yeah it's picking up a lot lately. Great fully I only work about 5 hrs still. I can imagine it's only time before it's mandatory and 8 hrs

Sent using BrownCafe App

Doc Sorting Dude

Thanks to Amazon and whatever FDX promised them, couriers are staying out later than ever. So many Amazon business packages on Saturday (closed) but they need to be attempted. What a waste of time. Most times its a part timer or new crr out there so they don't know any better than to pull up to a closed business.

HomeDelivery

Thanks to Amazon and whatever FDX promised them, couriers are staying out later than ever. So many Amazon business packages on Saturday (closed) but they need to be attempted. What a waste of time. Most times its a part timer or new crr out there so they don't know any better than to pull up to a closed business.

welcome to HomeDelivery... guess they have to hire more PTers to work Tues-Sat

hey, but at least you still get paid for making the attempt at going to the closed business.

here, we lose if i can't get rid of the parcel (for those that gets paid by-the-stop). Wish they can just either hold it off for the next business day instead of me wasting my time & the contractor's fuel for going there & slapping a doortag on a Saturday

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We r still volunteering on Saturdays at my station. Yeah it's picking up a lot lately. Great fully I only work about 5 hrs still. I can imagine it's only time before it's mandatory and 8 hrs

Sent using BrownCafe App

If so many employees weren't quitting, Fred would have Mon-Fri full timers and Tues-Sat full timers, but he can't keep people from hitting the door. This is what you get when you jack people around...an under-staffed, poorly-managed, crap company with under-performing, "B" Team players who can't make the majors. Sorry, Fred, but being a cheap bastard sometimes doesn't work out so well in the real world.

Nolimitz

All our Sat. rtes are full day sched now. Swing drivers also work 1 Sat every other month. always asking for extra volunteers as well.

5yearsleft

we have gone to mandatory overtime on Saturdays, starting at the bottom of the seniority list & working up. 10 - 15 extra people needed every Saturday. ( EXPRESS!! If you mark your businesses as "closed Saturdays' in your powerpad, it will help cut down on some of the amazon deliveries)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
we have gone to mandatory overtime on Saturdays, starting at the bottom of the seniority list & working up. 10 - 15 extra people needed every Saturday. ( EXPRESS!! If you mark your businesses as "closed Saturdays' in your powerpad, it will help cut down on some of the amazon deliveries)

Helpful tip: Don't mark your businesses "closed Saturdays". If you deliver there for no good reason, you're costing Fred money and fattening your wallet simultaneously. WAD, and don't do anything that benefits them. You will eventually understand why this is important.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Helpful tip: Don't mark your businesses "closed Saturdays". If you deliver there for no good reason, you're costing Fred money and fattening your wallet simultaneously. WAD, and don't do anything that benefits them. You will eventually understand why this is important.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yeah,
Don't bother marking any bus. closed on Sat. because the one time some super important document is destined to be delivered on a Sat., there will probably be an employee who came in just to get that del.

SmithBarney

Yeah,
Don't bother marking any bus. closed on Sat. because the one time some super important document is destined to be delivered on a Sat., there will probably be an employee who came in just to get that del.

Well as long as you have a contact name you are in the clear... ;) make sure the midweek driver enters it with a name.

Slick silver

I think the biggest problem is that they made Saturdays deliveries especially amazon a 12 commit time. If they moved it to let's say 3 pm time then u wouldn't need everyone in on Saturday to do all of it. Heck most of time I go out with like 30 or stops but I'm in 3 or so cities trying to make it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Serf

If so many employees weren't quitting, Fred would have Mon-Fri full timers and Tues-Sat full timers, but he can't keep people from hitting the door. This is what you get when you jack people around...an under-staffed, poorly-managed, crap company with under-performing, "B" Team players who can't make the majors. Sorry, Fred, but being a cheap bastard sometimes doesn't work out so well in the real world.
Hey for what it's worth, I just had two new couriers (under 18 months) tell me about joining the Military. And ask for advice. Both work Tuesday-Saturday and have no problem mopping up hours on splits. They are proficient. They said this place sucks! I work my butt off for no money, won't hit top pay for another 20 years, and I can't get a decent vacation for at least 15 years. And mind you they are actually getting hours and OT. I told them I probably would have felt the same way at 22 years old. Good luck, when do you leave?

White Line

Hey for what it's worth, I just had two new couriers (under 18 months) tell me about joining the Military. And ask for advice. Both work Tuesday-Saturday and have no problem mopping up hours on splits. They are proficient. They said this place sucks! I work my butt off for no money, won't hit top pay for another 20 years, and I can't get a decent vacation for at least 15 years. And mind you they are actually getting hours and OT. I told them I probably would have felt the same way at 22 years old. Good luck, when do you leave?
Oh well cool, they should be delighted by what the military offers then, three squares a day, paid housing , medical and dental, 30 days of leave after 1 year, with 120 days leave altogether during a 4 year contract, oh but there is that overtime thing, uh you did tell them about the militaries overtime policy didn't you lol?