Satuday work.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey for what it's worth, I just had two new couriers (under 18 months) tell me about joining the Military. And ask for advice. Both work Tuesday-Saturday and have no problem mopping up hours on splits. They are proficient. They said this place sucks! I work my butt off for no money, won't hit top pay for another 20 years, and I can't get a decent vacation for at least 15 years. And mind you they are actually getting hours and OT. I told them I probably would have felt the same way at 22 years old. Good luck, when do you leave?

Exactly. As soon as most new people figure-out that they're getting paid poorly for a job that
Hey for what it's worth, I just had two new couriers (under 18 months) tell me about joining the Military. And ask for advice. Both work Tuesday-Saturday and have no problem mopping up hours on splits. They are proficient. They said this place sucks! I work my butt off for no money, won't hit top pay for another 20 years, and I can't get a decent vacation for at least 15 years. And mind you they are actually getting hours and OT. I told them I probably would have felt the same way at 22 years old. Good luck, when do you leave?

Bingo. As soon as people figure-it out, they leave, knowing full well that FedEx is a big zero in terms of a career opportunity. Turnover is very expensive, especially when it is the good people who are leaving. Even those that stay longer are usually gone within a year. Sorry, Fred, but high turnover is bad business because it leads to under-skilled, under-performing employees who have nothing invested in FedEx. In short, they don't care. This is not a recipe for success.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Bingo. As soon as people figure-it out, they leave, knowing full well that FedEx is a big zero in terms of a career opportunity. Turnover is very expensive, especially when it is the good people who are leaving.

That would explain why you're staying.