Saturday air 10/31

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Wow. People must be warming up to you since they missed a potentially easy joke and stab at you Dave. I was so expecting a......"See, even your own family doesn't want you around," kind of jab. Either the yokels here are slipping or.....they......might start......liking you. :scared:
...or have found the ignore button...

Wow. People must be warming up to you since they missed a potentially easy joke and stab at you Dave. I was so expecting a......"See, even your own family doesn't want you around," kind of jab. Either the yokels here are slipping or.....they......might start......liking you. :scared:
Don't mistaken tolerance for itch liking him. Look he's obviously not going away so you can tell y and b nic to him some times but it always comes back to haunt you because he was ill always belittle you when you least expect it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No EDD here on Saturdays. I grab the packages from the shuttle driver, then deliver. I normally deliver the first stop, then pre-record the rest. Helps me with the order I'm going to deliver, especially if I complete a stop, then decide a different stop would be better than what I first planned. A UPS Store pickup blows my plan quite often.

Today, I saw nothing about NO DR. Every stop had Signature Required highlighted at the top right on the DIAD. There was no indication of Signature Required on the label.

I even had an Ohama Steaks ~shipper release package~ prompt for a signature today. I felt like I got lucky. Everyone was home. All stops completed by commit time.

Prerecording stop is a waste of time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How do you over ride a No DR?

Go into the address entry screen and hit override on all the fields.

Then sheet it as whatever DR location (front door, porch, etc.) but don't hit stop complete. Go back into address screen, and starting with the street number, hit the enter button until you get past the street column. Then hit stop complete. Address overrides show on a report - or at least they did as recently as 2007.

Scan the package, big arrow down, hit driver release, hit release number, enter, select delivery location, top complete.

Keep in mind that drivers overriding a No DR address could be responsible for any claims and could be disciplined for doing so.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Sometimes shots are too easy to take. Besides, having a family member cancel a visit to prevent an illness in a child is the right move.

UPSGUY72

Scan the package, big arrow down, hit driver release, hit release number, enter, select delivery location, top complete.

Keep in mind that drivers overriding a No DR address could be responsible for any claims and could be disciplined for doing so.

That only covers you if it is a shipper release package.

UPSGUY72

No EDD here on Saturdays. I grab the packages from the shuttle driver, then deliver. I normally deliver the first stop, then pre-record the rest. Helps me with the order I'm going to deliver, especially if I complete a stop, then decide a different stop would be better than what I first planned. A UPS Store pickup blows my plan quite often.

Today, I saw nothing about NO DR. Every stop had Signature Required highlighted at the top right on the DIAD. There was no indication of Signature Required on the label.

I even had an Ohama Steaks ~shipper release package~ prompt for a signature today. I felt like I got lucky. Everyone was home. All stops completed by commit time.

You got a prompt because you picked a diad that has that area info download in it and that area might be a no dr area. If you pick a board that is from a different area you wouldn't have gotten any prompts unless the tracking number had a sig required code in it... They don't care what board you pick. Picking a board for a portion of the area only saves you time entering the address. If you a FT driver your making $51 + hr why rush...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You got a prompt because you picked a diad that has that area info download in it and that area might be a no dr area. If you pick a board that is from a different area you wouldn't have gotten any prompts unless the tracking number had a sig required code in it... They don't care what board you pick. Picking a board for a portion of the area only saves you time entering the address. If you a FT driver your making $51 + hr why rush...

This is not true. I have several no-DR addresses on my area and when those are cut to another driver the no-DR goes along with it.

UPSGUY72

This is not true. I have several no-DR addresses on my area and when those are cut to another driver the no-DR goes along with it.

They go to it because the information for that area is in that board. If you had a add cut for a area that wasn't right next to your area meaning you had to jump over a another route area it wouldn't be in the board. The information about no DR stops / areas is board specific it doesn't follow EDD as it's has nothing to do with the tracking number...

UPSGUY72

Nope. It works for any package at a non-DR location.

I know it works with any package except shipper required sig package. but if the package comes up missing your going to going to be held accountable as it wasn't a shipper release package which releases UPS of any responsibility. So if the package is not a Shipper release it doesn't matter if you use the Rel Num key or override the stop and DR it if it turns up missing you could be held responsible for it..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know it works with any package except shipper required sig package. but if the package comes up missing your going to going to be held accountable as it wasn't a shipper release package which releases UPS of any responsibility. So if the package is not a Shipper release it doesn't matter if you use the Rel Num key or override the stop and DR it if it turns up missing you could be held responsible for it..

True but that's not what you said. You said it could only be done with shipper release packages, which is not true.

The non-DR addresses I have were for people who don't even live there anymore.

oldngray

nowhere special
They go to it because the information for that area is in that board. If you had a add cut for a area that wasn't right next to your area meaning you had to jump over a another route area it wouldn't be in the board. The information about no DR stops / areas is board specific it doesn't follow EDD as it's has nothing to do with the tracking number...

If you have stops in an area that wasn't loaded in your board you wouldn't see the no DR but you would also need to hit override at every stop.

bddaddy

You were hitting the "stop complete" check Mark before you "delivered" the package. That will show "need signature" at the top of your board.