Saturday Air driving

Fnix

What schooling is required before one can drive Saturday Air? And on average starting out, how much extra can I expect on my weekly pay check from it?

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I didn't go to school before I was "the" Saturday Air Driver. (Not sure if you have to either.) Maybe someone else can help you on that.

As far as the money goes, I only make $12.50 per hour on Saturdays. :(

outamyway

5-6 hrs x 12.5 = $62.5 - $75

As far as I know there is no specific saturday air driver training. You just take the same driving class as you would if you were going full time or becoming an air driver.

I wanted to add, if you want to make more on saturdays bug your sup about any pic up routes they might have. Very few people want to stay late and work a few extra hours and some routes may need to be covered.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Here's what you'll need to be a great sat driver; a good map book showing all the areas where your center(s) work, a street guide { I call this my bible } that lists exactly where the streets are located ( some maps can be hard to read ), a note book, several pens, a yellow highlight pen ( to mark the streets where your deliveries will be ), a spare stylus pen, plenty of info notices, and some common sense.
No one will expect you to be great on your first or second day, just keep on plugging along and offer to learn more routes ( around here sat is done by zipcodes, only one or two drivers per zip ).
The suggestion about doing sat pickups is true, for most drivers do not want to put in a full day on sat.

Consider all sat work as a training school if you have any plans about driving full time.
And have some fun.:wink2:

barnyard

KTM rider
When I was a PTer, I worked the preload, was a spill responder, on the safety committee and an air driver. My checks were usually over 32 hours and regularly right at 40.

Sat air driving is a good gig, but responding to and cleaning up spills was easier.

I did the air driving thing for 3 years and it did help when I went full time.

TB

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
What schooling is required before one can drive Saturday Air? And on average starting out, how much extra can I expect on my weekly pay check from it?
I supposedly went to school for sat air, but be careful. I'm fighting a pay issue right now because when I went to full time my progression is different(allegedly) than if I had gone to cover drivering. My bosses are saying that I should not get any back pay even though I did cover driving 2 months before I went to school and I did the same job as every other driver below me. My BA was up this week for grievances and this one is going to panel.