Saturday Air Grievance

rrhogueiii

interesting !!! saw where isu beat iowa late. i went to the game in ames,bison vs isu.anyone not think the bison are for real now. the best team in iowa this year may very well be uni and we play there in nov, that game scares hell out of me.

rrhogueiii

update on our sat air mess. mgr moved the 2 M-friend air drivers (inc the troublemaker) to T-S. huge fight fri am when they got the word.

PT Car Washer

I take it they wanted their Saturdays off when they wanted. Will this effect your Saturday work? Sometimes you have to be careful about how hard you push issues. The result may turn out worse then if you would have kept your mouth shut.

rrhogueiii

yes, they bitch and file grievances when I work nearly every sat but now that they will be forced, they are getting what they asked for.

rrhogueiii

not yet sure how it will affect me but I am to the point that who the hell needs this hassle. may drop off air list. worked 9 hrs yesterday to clean up upgrades from missed plane on wed. both were told they HAD to work and both called in sick.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Wow. If you are like me at this point trying to wind things down. Thinking more and more about working less. Too bad for your co workers. Just sit back and enjoy their pain.

rrhogueiii

you are spot on, getting things in motion to pull the plug as you no doubt are. I haven't said anything to mgr about dropping off list yet but I did tell him sat that with all the problems he has in our bldg., sat WASNT on of them. it now is. I am having some minor hand surgery oct 10 and on STD til about 12-1, wont rock the boat til then.

do you know of a website for the national air committee ?

PT Car Washer

Every time I go on vacation I start thinking about hanging it up. But the work is so easy and pays so well. Don't miss the pre load one bit. Maybe someone else knows more about the National Air Committee. I don't.

rrhogueiii

agree, easy to think retirement would be great. i have 2 in college, and a granddaughter all here in town. I have no health issues,feel good and been so used to getting up at 3am that it would be a long day w/o being busy 5-6 hrs/day. also, never mentioned that about 6 weeks ago, took an open spot in the smalls sort. spot been open 2+ years and the big brown turd wouldn't fill cause they knew it was me and they wanted me loading cars not in smalls. now home after work and a shower but don't need a couples hrs of down time to rest a sore body. I can handle this for quite some time (if I so choose).

back air mess, the 2 moved to T-S are still on the warpath, funny as hell to watch/listen. troublemaker was told last fri,w/steward, "you will be here tomorrow", she told him no, i will call in sick instead. mgr looked at steward and said " you heard what she said, right". lovin this !!

PT Car Washer

Not a smart move. In my building Center manager would be looking for a way to eliminate her position and move her to one of the sorts. Are the bid Air jobs PM or AM? We have both. Most are Art 22.3 and at one time the jobs were all eliminated and moved on to the FT drivers. The jobs have since returned and even expanded for the AM side.

rrhogueiii

all are AM and all P/T but for one 22.3 job and he is also T-S. with this switch, I will be the only available air qualified body on Mondays.