Saturday Air -- Special Premium Service or just another day

bumped

I will not call the phone number on the box. The may be home, they may be coming home wanting me to wait a minute(which is really 15 minutes), or may want me take it where they are. It doesn't matter as I'm not calling that number. As for knocking on doors....Yes, I'll do that.

Christmas

Well if it’s a premium service why don’t ups tell the customer it’s out of our delivering area before shipping it? I don’t understand that at all. But am glad that I don’t have to deliver them on a Saturday because there so far out. Also yes at my center we are pressed for time because there is only one of us that works on a Saturday. So is it a premium service I have no clue, I believe it’s just another day for making major money. These people pay high dollar for their packages to be shipped. I don’t know though. Who knows everyone’s got their own opinion about things. But this leads me back to the beginning and what I mentioned we get a lot of packages that are out of our deliver range. So anyone got any ideas?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well if it’s a premium service why don’t ups tell the customer it’s out of our delivering area before shipping it? I don’t understand that at all. But am glad that I don’t have to deliver them on a Saturday because there so far out. Also yes at my center we are pressed for time because there is only one of us that works on a Saturday. So is it a premium service I have no clue, I believe it’s just another day for making major money. These people pay high dollar for their packages to be shipped. I don’t know though. Who knows everyone’s got their own opinion about things. But this leads me back to the beginning and what I mentioned we get a lot of packages that are out of our deliver range. So anyone got any ideas?

The delivery areas that are out of service area for Saturday delivery are listed in the Service Guide (sometimes called Tariff Guide). They are also in our automated shipping systems as out of area and Saturday Delivery will not be selectable. Therefore, UPS does try but if it is a Waybill/Shipping Document shipment or a non-UPS controlled manifesting process, there is little UPS can do until the shipment reaches the delivery center.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Hoax, then explain to me why people can pay for 2 day am service to a resi address. They are paying extra for a service we do not provide as in 2 day AM resis are delivered in trace and at the sametime they would have been anyway. They shouldn't be able to say it's a bus address if it is clearly not. I could see some confusion in areas that have RESI address on top of BUS buildings but for the most part this should be controlable.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax, then explain to me why people can pay for 2 day am service to a resi address. They are paying extra for a service we do not provide as in 2 day AM resis are delivered in trace and at the sametime they would have been anyway. They shouldn't be able to say it's a bus address if it is clearly not. I could see some confusion in areas that have RESI address on top of BUS buildings but for the most part this should be controlable.

The customer defines whether it is a Business or a residential address. They can pay for the A.M. for a resi address if they indicate it is a Commercial address. However, after the fact, if they request, they will be refunded the difference in price for the provided services.

Go to this URL and download the Service Guide and look on Pages 5,6, & 7 form details on the Guarantees for Services:
http://www.ups.com/media/en/daily_rates.pdf

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
If you ask me 2day AM is the bigest waste of time and money ever. It is not much less than nda saver and it would get there a day sooner!

bigbrownhen

Stug, did it occur to you that perhaps this air driver was lazy. Im sure you have had to clean up a route the day after one of these guys has run it. I know I have. You end up driving to BFE with a send again or NSN with directions on it, and what do you know, it was easy to find and numbers on mailbox and house. There are a few of these guys in every building, now with GPS, it will show that they never actually got within 10 miles of the house. Im not talking about someone who actually tries to find the address and moves on, just someone who is dishonest and lazy.

This is just spectulation of course, the guy could have been hammered with stops and didn't have an extra minute or two. Just to give bennifit of doubt.

I am like Upstate as far as going the extra mile for a customer, I will make extra effort for NDA, especially medicine. I do not expect anyone covering my route to do that though. To each their own.

rod

Retired 22 years
I never did have any sympathy for idiots that didn't put a number on their house or name or address on their mailbox. I would make one educated guess but wouldn't play the going door to door to find the right house game. I would never leave it if no one was home at the place I just assumed was the correct house. Now if "hot chicks bikini" was written on the package I may have made some exceptions.

JonFrum

That automatically makes it "Signature Required".
I'll bet you also wait while she tries it on. To make sure it's the correct size. A true Service Provider. :happy2:

- - - - -
Saturday Air is a double premimum service. UPS charges extra for air service, and extra for Saturday service.

But UPS normally gives these "high priority" packages to someone who is not a regular package car driver, someone who may have little familiarity with the delivery area, someone who is probably young and inexperienced, and typically pays them less than half what a package car driver makes.

Odd, isn't it?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'll bet you also wait while she tries it on. To make sure it's the correct size. A true Service Provider. :happy2:

- - - - -
Saturday Air is a double premimum service. UPS charges extra for air service, and extra for Saturday service.

But UPS normally gives these "high priority" packages to someone who is not a regular package car driver, someone who may have little familiarity with the delivery area, someone who is probably young and inexperienced, and typically pays them less than half what a package car driver makes.

Odd, isn't it?

Sadly, not odd at all.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Stug, did it occur to you that perhaps this air driver was lazy. Im sure you have had to clean up a route the day after one of these guys has run it. I know I have. You end up driving to BFE with a send again or NSN with directions on it, and what do you know, it was easy to find and numbers on mailbox and house. There are a few of these guys in every building, now with GPS, it will show that they never actually got within 10 miles of the house. Im not talking about someone who actually tries to find the address and moves on, just someone who is dishonest and lazy.

This is just spectulation of course, the guy could have been hammered with stops and didn't have an extra minute or two. Just to give bennifit of doubt.

I am like Upstate as far as going the extra mile for a customer, I will make extra effort for NDA, especially medicine. I do not expect anyone covering my route to do that though. To each their own.
The way Upstate explained this scenario, is that there was no house number. Upstate said that there was a house on one side with a number an empty lot, the house in question and another house with a number. According to Upstate, the Saturday Air driver was IGNORANT (lacked logic), because the driver didn't try harder to find the house, when from experience most of us know how pressed for time one can be on Saturday.

BBH, I go the extra mile, as well. I was just playing the devil's advocate because Upstate seems to think that no one uses logic, besides himself. Though I do wonder where all of that "logic" is when he posts stuff like, How does one posts in a particular dialect? Or, what's Dragon-Con? It makes one wonder if he's actually caught in a quandry, or is he just posting for the quantity of it all?

I never did have any sympathy for idiots that didn't put a number on their house or name or address on their mailbox. I would make one educated guess but wouldn't play the going door to door to find the right house game. I would never leave it if no one was home at the place I just assumed was the correct house. Now if "hot chicks bikini" was written on the package I may have made some exceptions.
Hot chicks and his "preferred" customers are the ones that get the "good" service. Gee, I'd hate to be on his bad side if he were my driver.

That automatically makes it "Signature Required".
LOL

Victoria's Secret is always signature reguired. However, make sure you always DR Lane Bryant.
LOL x 2

- - - - -

Odd, isn't it?
Very!

Sadly, not odd at all.
Also true.