Saturday air supervisor won't let me work.

who_better_than_me

So I'm in qualification phase and in reg temping. Initially when I started I imagined it would be Monday thru Friday but on the first week I worked on a Friday my sup told me that because the Saturday was having staffing issues that all the reg temps had to work Tuesday through Saturday. I'm trying to qualify so while I wasn't a fan off at plan I did the professional thin and just did what I was suppose to do. So the next week income in starting on tueday and when Saturday came i came to the building and the sup for Saturday air wouldn't lemme tonight because I hadn't driven on my own but I've had driven a route all day with a supervisor. So I talked to the Saturday air about it and told him I could do this but he kept saying about experince. So I conceded and told my sup from the center about it and the following week starting tueday i drove by myself the whole week. So come Saturday I march in with a confident smile only to get told by the sup again that I couldn't drive. Now he says I need experience. And this really pisses me off. I tell him I been driving for a decade and that includes manual transmission and that driving this ups divert vehicle was not a difficult task that he's makingn it out to me. He tells me that Saturday isn't like driving thought out the week. You run the same route everyday but on Saturday you run routes in all different areas. And I'm lookin at him like do you really think I'm unaware of that. That's part of the job. Whatever area you give me to cover m going to figure it. I told him if you really get worried you could give me the areas during the week and I'll have it down pack by the time Saturday comes but he keeps going back to the bullshyt you need more experience excuse. Conclusion two weeks of supposed Saturday air driving and I've yet to drive Saturday air but I've showed up on both Saturdays and made it clear that I wanted to drive?

What do I do? I know he going to say the same thing next Saturday.... All this is happening while I'm trying to qualifying...

who_better_than_me

A regular driver. Im a reg temp. Saturday air wasn't apart of the equation initially but they said they were having issue with staffing for Saturday air so they have all the reg temps doing reg temp until further notice. Instead of working Monday through Friday, we have to work Tuesday through Saturday to do Saturday air

PT Car Washer

After exhausting the qualified PT employees your sup should be going to the FT drivers and asking them who wants to work Saturday for time and a half. Ask from the top and force from the bottom. I don't believe temps have any seniority rights.

who_better_than_me

After exhausting the qualified PT employees your sup should be going to the FT drivers and asking them who wants to work Saturday for time and a half. Ask from the top and force from the bottom. I don't believe temps have any seniority rights.
So you saying the sups shouldn't have me there working Saturday air in the first place? And shouldnt those two Saturday I attempted to come in to work be counted toward days for qualification?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
He probably is worried about your area knowledge, that's why he probably wont let you drive. Probably is worried about having late airs with a driver not as knowledgeable with area. Its not like its hard your correct but that's what it sounds like to me. Would be nice if he was fully truthful with ya. But then again I don't know enough about your skill level so I cant be biased about it because you might be a good driver who knows. Could be to that the Saturday drivers have seniority on you and the driver who knows area where your being trained is already taken by a senior Saturday air driver. They do put together some shaky dispatches on Saturday also, what the hell am I talking about THATS EVERYDAY WITH THESE IDIOTS LOL. PLEASE FILL GAS AT CENTER OR AT LOCAL GAS STATION WHEN YOU GET DONE DELIVERING ON SATURDAY SO YOU DONT LEAVE THE NORMAL DRIVER WITH THE BURDEN OF SOME IDIOT WHO DOESNT FILL IT UP AND PHUUUUCK THE GUY ON MONDAY MORNING lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Well on my way out I saw one of the other temps come in and we talked and I told him my situation and he told me that last weekend he got sent on a rout blind.
Enough said, truth is supe doesn't have the confidence in you yet. Im not dogging ya, but that's the games supes play with guys on Saturday. Seen it before many a times youngblood. Eventually he'll have the confidence in you, unless hes a total :censored2:bag lmfao

mrbrownstone

This sounds like total b.s. from the supervisor. I was put on Saturday Air and drive Mon through Fri.

When I first started driving Sat Air the Sat supervisor said to me "you have a smartphone right"? Just about everyone who does Sat Air in my building just uses GPS on Sat and they don't care, hell they expect that you will. I have an app that automatically maps out my stops for me in the most efficient order.

One Sat I did a route in an area that I have never been to in my life. You can do a lot of miles on Sat and the deliveries are never the same so it's not like experience would make things so much different anyway.

I'm not sure why he is using experience as an excuse but that is ridiculous. Now, I know they sometimes they have extras come in on Sat in case someone doesn't show up. I have been in that boat before too and was sent home. In my case I was/am happy if I'm not needed on Sat. Maybe that's the reason.

PT Car Washer

I think the Jumpman knows what he says. Some new Saturday drivers can barely do 10 stops in 3 hours and another experienced Saturday driver can do 25. Saturday is not Monday thru Friday. Most times it is really laid back but you are always going to places you have never been to before. Covering a Saturday route that may include 10 or 20 normal M-friend routes.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I think the Jumpman knows what he says. Some new Saturday drivers can barely do 10 stops in 3 hours and another experienced Saturday driver can do 25. Saturday is not Monday thru Friday. Most times it is really laid back but you are always going to places you have never been to before. Covering a Saturday route that may include 10 or 20 normal M-friend routes.
Some places you do see where temp drivers only work tue to sat because of sat air. Its different everywhere for sure. I totally agree with ya PT, some sat guys are good and some slow as molasses lol.

margaritaville

This sounds like total b.s. from the supervisor. I was put on Saturday Air and drive Mon through Fri.

When I first started driving Sat Air the Sat supervisor said to me "you have a smartphone right"? Just about everyone who does Sat Air in my building just uses GPS on Sat and they don't care, hell they expect that you will. I have an app that automatically maps out my stops for me in the most efficient order.

One Sat I did a route in an area that I have never been to in my life. You can do a lot of miles on Sat and the deliveries are never the same so it's not like experience would make things so much different anyway.

I'm not sure why he is using experience as an excuse but that is ridiculous. Now, I know they sometimes they have extras come in on Sat in case someone doesn't show up. I have been in that boat before too and was sent home. In my case I was/am happy if I'm not needed on Sat. Maybe that's the reason.
What app do you use? I use to google maps and downloaded an offline app incase i lose service. But having a app that plans out a bunch of stops sounds cool and something i dont have. I prob will never use it since i switched to fulltime but still curious. Would of been interesting when i worked saturdays.

PT Car Washer

All of our Saturday drivers work one of the sorts, most of them preload. If we are short it opens up to Art 22.3 Air drivers for OT and then to FT drivers for OT. Never used temp drivers or seasonal before, but then we don't have any.

wayfair

swollen member
All of our Saturday drivers work one of the sorts, most of them preload. If we are short it opens up to Art 22.3 Air drivers for OT and then to FT drivers for OT. Never used temp drivers or seasonal before, but then we don't have any.
they offer Sat air all the time to FT drivers.. it's easy money for some... I just want the time off... and I like college football... Boomer, ( bad week)

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
What app do you use? I use to google maps and downloaded an offline app incase i lose service. But having a app that plans out a bunch of stops sounds cool and something i dont have. I prob will never use it since i switched to fulltime but still curious. Would of been interesting when i worked saturdays.
Scout GPS is a good app. Always use it when traveling or use it to run a misload on way back to building if its not too crazy a misload and feel like MILKING THESE SUCKERS SOME MORE lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
they offer Sat air all the time to FT drivers.. it's easy money for some... I just want the time off... and I like college football... Boomer, ( bad week)
Yeah freak working Saturdays for somebody anymore. Did enough of that when I was running 3 jobs at once when I worked preload. But I wasn't a broke preloader, tell ya that right now DADDY O. WAS GETTING THAT MONEY lmfao.