Saturday air supervisor won't let me work.

PT Car Washer

We have a pretty dedicated staff of career PTers that work every Saturday for the last 15 years of so. But yes any time we are short goes to some pretty high seniority package car drivers. Never saw anyone being forced to work Saturday. Friday after Thanksgiving is another story. Glad I am on vacation.

mrbrownstone

What app do you use? I use to google maps and downloaded an offline app incase i lose service. But having a app that plans out a bunch of stops sounds cool and something i dont have. I prob will never use it since i switched to fulltime but still curious. Would of been interesting when i worked saturdays.

Currently I use an app called Road Warrior. It's $5 month and allows you to put in up to 120 stops. You can try the free version which lets you input 8 stops at a time. After you input however many stops you are doing you click an icon that says optimize and it automatically calculates the fastest way to run the route. It can link to many different gps programs. I use it with Google Maps and it automatically shows a pin on each stop so if you zoom out you can see where all you stops are in relation to each other. You can also click on a stop and it will open the gps program of you choice, in my case Google Maps and navigate you there.

There are also a lot more features I won't get into here, but it is an awesome app.

There is a free app that is similar called Voyager that lets you input up to 125 stops and works similarly to the app I pay for but after testing it I prefer Road Warrior.

mrbrownstone

is it better that ORION?

Our center doesn't have Orion right now so I couldn't tell you. However, unlike Orion, I use this by choice and am not forced to use it. It isn't necessary for regular day routes that someone is already familiar with but is great when you have no idea or very little idea of where you are going.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

We have a similar initiative to what the OP mentioned. Basically, any drivers for whom Saturday would be a 6th punch (6th day in week worked) are to be replaced with utilities who did not work 5 days Mon.-Fri. The union is currently fighting it, but in the meantime, the gravy train that was Sat work has been stopped in its tracks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a similar initiative to what the OP mentioned. Basically, any drivers for whom Saturday would be a 6th punch (6th day in week worked) are to be replaced with utilities who did not work 5 days Mon.-Fri. The union is currently fighting it, but in the meantime, the gravy train that was Sat work has been stopped in its tracks.

This is how we have always done it----any casual who did not get their hours are asked to work on Saturday.

Champ_Here

sheet it missed
Currently I use an app called Road Warrior. It's $5 month and allows you to put in up to 120 stops. You can try the free version which lets you input 8 stops at a time. After you input however many stops you are doing you click an icon that says optimize and it automatically calculates the fastest way to run the route. It can link to many different gps programs. I use it with Google Maps and it automatically shows a pin on each stop so if you zoom out you can see where all you stops are in relation to each other. You can also click on a stop and it will open the gps program of you choice, in my case Google Maps and navigate you there.

There are also a lot more features I won't get into here, but it is an awesome app.

There is a free app that is similar called Voyager that lets you input up to 125 stops and works similarly to the app I pay for but after testing it I prefer Road Warrior.
This is what I use. Very simple app. I keep one ear bud in the entire day too so I can hear directions from Google maps.