Saturday air.

upslesbian13

So today I worked. I am fairly new at driving. I was given 15 stops and wasn't able to complete all my stops before 12. Can someone give me so good advice on working this damn Diad so I'm not sitting in my truck for five mins typing in all the info since there is no edd on Saturdays.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Scan package----force in address---deliver package---stop complete.

Many times you can type in the first few letters of the street name and the DIAD will recognize it and populate the field.

Assuming a start time of 0900 15 stops in 3 hours is not a good pace.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol nothing against Saturday air drivers but when I run sat air it's amusing to me.

Sups: are you sure you can get these 12 stops off before noon?

ME: I'll be done at 10:30 let me know who needs help.

Mr Shifter

Enter the deliver mode. #4 on the main screen. Route out your stops then enter the address from your first stop and hit pre record. Enter your second stop manually again then prerecord. Enter your third and prerecord until you have all your stops entered in the order you gave routed.

When you enter the pre record screen you will have a customized "edd" for you to follow stop by stop based on the order you inputted the addressees in.

As you deliver you stops stop a moment and make sure you are delivering them the most effectively based you driving conditions. (Traffic, road closures etc)

Stay calm and remember safety first. :)

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lol nothing against Saturday air drivers but when I run sat air it's amusing to me.

They won't let me run Saturday air anymore---I had a bad habit of delivering all of the air for a stop, not just their Saturday. I recall one time Best Buy had 2 Saturday and 18 Monday NDA----they signed for all 20. : )

kingOFchester

UPS gets enough out of me. This would be how it would go for me.

ME: I think so, but it will be cutting it close.

Then return to center by 1.

Brownslave688

UPS gets enough out of me. This would be how it would go for me.

ME: I think so, but it will be cutting it close.

Then return to center by 1.
I'm not exactly a runner. Saturday just runs at a pace totally different than M-friend.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They won't let me run Saturday air anymore---I had a bad habit of delivering all of the air for a stop, not just their Saturday. I recall one time Best Buy had 2 Saturday and 18 Monday NDA----they signed for all 20. : )

Yeah, that screws things up for Monday. I volunteered once to work on the weekend and pulled some monday stuff...it never came out of the load for Monday so all the stops looked like they still needed to be delivered. Was a real PITA.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

They gave you the NDA to load? Here, the only non-Sat airs received are those upgraded by management to help reduce Monday's volume. Otherwise, it isn't even put on the belt to tempt us with.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They gave you the NDA to load? Here, the only non-Sat airs received are those upgraded by management to help reduce Monday's volume. Otherwise, it isn't even put on the belt to tempt us with.

We drive the pkg car to the airport and start the route from there. All of the air is on the car except for the Saturday air for non-committed areas---these are brought back to the center and the sup will call the consignee(s) to try to make alternate arrangements.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I'm not exactly a runner. Saturday just runs at a pace totally different than M-friend.

Working Saturdays is when I realized I really like the job of being a Driver Service Provider. I'd go in every Saturday but for the wife and kid (and the operational needs of the Air Dept). I like driving; like getting things to people they really need; no pressure needing to get 10 stops off an hour, or a stop every six minutes. And often times the supe running the operation is grateful you volunteered to help Saturday, with no real animosity. Oh, and peeeuuuuuuure OT; 5 1/2hrs is equivalent to a regular 8 hour day.

LB13, keep working at it. The DIAD will become second nature. Get in the habit of knowing your next two or three stops. The pre-EDD method for delivering involved entering in the address of your next stop as you walk back to the car from the current one. Some may poke fun at the contradiction in "scanning one's walk path" while doing so, but it's a good way to challenge yourself to become faster with the DIAD as you keep a brisk pace (and I wasn't running or tripping or falling over things while doing so before EDD). And regardless of how others might feel, if your phone has GPS, you may want to use it.

buster401

So today I worked. I am fairly new at driving. I was given 15 stops and wasn't able to complete all my stops before 12. Can someone give me so good advice on working this damn Diad so I'm not sitting in my truck for five mins typing in all the info since there is no edd on Saturdays.
You just need time to practice. They used to let us fool around with it and become familiar with the diad before we went on the road.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upslesbian13

Enter the deliver mode. #4 on the main screen. Route out your stops then enter the address from your first stop and hit pre record. Enter your second stop manually again then prerecord. Enter your third and prerecord until you have all your stops entered in the order you gave routed.

When you enter the pre record screen you will have a customized "edd" for you to follow stop by stop based on the order you inputted the addressees in.

As you deliver you stops stop a moment and make sure you are delivering them the most effectively based you driving conditions. (Traffic, road closures etc)

Stay calm and remember safety first. :)

Thanks I will try that next week! I hope this works. I heard about the prerecord but I didn't know what it was nor did I think I had time to try and figure it out. Some times when your in a screen it's really hard to get out of it. Depending on what your in.

Sent using BrownCafe App

barnyard

KTM rider
Mr Shifter does it the way I used to do Sat Air. I was a Sat air driver for 5 years. Once I went FT and went to covering the occasional Sat, I could not believe how much easier and how much less pressure there was.

If you can, it will also be easier if you can deliver to the same coverage area for a while. You will find that pretty much the same crowd gets Saturday packages, with the occasional resi tossed in. You will also recognize the 'free' Saturday upgrades and not worry that they are closed and not really expecting a Saturday package.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I enjoyed the pre-edd days .
Always wrote down the stops , checked my maps to find the streets , and usually finished on time but as far away from the building as possible .

JL 0513

I keep wondering why the UPS EDD system can't work on Saturdays. M - friend, a center places many thousands of stops in a proper order. It can't place a 1-2 hundred stops in a proper delivery order on Saturday?

When I do Saturday airs on occasion, they often come in late. You may not leave the building until after 10am. Now you may have 20 stops in an area you barely know and have to map out the most efficient route in minutes.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Love the name. You'll get the hang of it. Don't get discouraged.

Brownslave688

I keep wondering why the UPS EDD system can't work on Saturdays. M - friend, a center places many thousands of stops in a proper order. It can't place a 1-2 hundred stops in a proper delivery order on Saturday?

When I do Saturday airs on occasion, they often come in late. You may not leave the building until after 10am. Now you may have 20 stops in an area you barely know and have to map out the most efficient route in minutes.
We use edd on Saturdays. I think...... Been so long since I did it I'm not sure if it was edd or if I just prerecorded everything as it came down.