Saturday delivery pushed till tuesday HELP

disneyworld

I ordered a gift from santa for my son and paid for saturday delivery. As of last night it was in transit for saturday delivery, confirmed by two calls to operators last night. Now online tracking shows rescheduled for tuesday. What can I do? This is my sons christmas gift.
This really pisses me off-I remember one year I was pulling pkgs out of a boxline,anything that could possibly be a present. It's obvious nobody attempted to track this guy down if it was a NSN or NSS. Nice going UPS-at least the stockholders are happy that everyone was off the clock NOT helping out our customers. You remember them,don't you? The ones that pay our salary.

hoser

Industrial Slob
We did order early it was a product availabilty problem. Weather was not a problem, Item was scanned out of the Horsham Pa location at 7:08 am. only 15 minutes from our house.

i know that your christmas is ruined because your son has to wait an extra day for his gift. i hope he doesn't throw a tantrum. and i hope you don't either. you can always go to Sudan and see how horrible their christmas was when their aid pacakges were dropped two hours late.

many kids would be appreciative of simply receiving a gift, or having a home with heat, or being able to leave the house without getting shot at.

I can not wait to here the reason it did not get delivered.
Your inability to plan a few days in advance :crying::crying::crying::crying:. if 15 kids want to use the same pencil sharpener at the exact same time, sometimes you're gonna be disappointed and you're going to have to wait. i know. i'm sorry. we can help console you and your loss.

tieguy

Banned
yep. One of many miracles on 34th street. This one we were not able to pull off. Shipper ships the package at the last possible minute before christmas that it can be shipped and UPS will be the bad guy that did not get the job done.

traveler

Where next? Venice
I have to say that I'm quite impressed with the UPS service this year. My wife and I were quite busy getting ready for a big cruise. Also, two of our daughters closed on homes in mid December and, of course, mom & dad were around to help with the closings, moving and some fix-up. Well, we were very late getting packages of gifts ready for relatives in Jersey, we are in Florida, and we sent two boxes (ground) filled with Christmas presents at our local UPS Store on Tuesday knowing that they would get there after Christmas. On Friday we received a call from both people thanking us for the gifts for their kids. What a pleasant surprise, UPS outdid itself getting these shipments 1,000 miles in 3 days during peak. Thanks to all of you who are still out there sorting, feeding and delivering from this old retiree and...

Merry Christmas :santa: to all of you.

govols019

You smell that?
yep. One of many miracles on 34th street. This one we were not able to pull off. Shipper ships the package at the last possible minute before christmas that it can be shipped and UPS will be the bad guy that did not get the job done.

Uhhh...we are the bad guys here. Pretty easy to see that we dropped the ball on this one. So what if it was shipped at the last possible minute before Christmas? It's our job to make sure it gets there. That's what we do, remember?

This is unacceptable and I don't blame the customer for being pissed. I would be too. It's been out for delivery since Saturday. That's one hell of a long route.

HORSHAM,
PA, US

12/23/2006 7:08 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

12/23/2006 5:41 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

What was that shudder? oh that`s right the world has come to a halt because we have ruined the true meaning of Christmas by not delivering the must have toy of the season. It was pointed out that it was an availability problem that got it in our hands late for problem one. Problem two is someone who may have not made a delivery atempt. If the center was so close and the box so important I would have driven to the ctr and not left until I got it. But hey,there`s always his birthday.

dammor

Uhhh...we are the bad guys here. Pretty easy to see that we dropped the ball on this one. So what if it was shipped at the last possible minute before Christmas? It's our job to make sure it gets there. That's what we do, remember?

This is unacceptable and I don't blame the customer for being pissed. I would be too. It's been out for delivery since Saturday. That's one hell of a long route.

HORSHAM,
PA, US

Tell me govols, what is it you do at UPS? Inside job? Looking at the tracking all day? I also hate it if we dropped the ball in this case, but here were out there 13 hours a day driving and delivering in ice and snow. First ice, and then snow on top of the ice. Maybe the weather there was not an issue, but hours certainly could have been. That been said, I am sorry for the childs loss of a Merry Christmas. I am even more sorry for the loss of the life of a fellow driver here. The child and the family will surely grow up and get over the fact that the present was not there on time. Our family at UPS here will remember this Christmas for a different reason. Perhaps we need to take a good look at what really matters.

govols019

You smell that?
Tell me govols, what is it you do at UPS? Inside job? Looking at the tracking all day? I also hate it if we dropped the ball in this case, but here were out there 13 hours a day driving and delivering in ice and snow. First ice, and then snow on top of the ice. Maybe the weather there was not an issue, but hours certainly could have been. That been said, I am sorry for the childs loss of a Merry Christmas. I am even more sorry for the loss of the life of a fellow driver here. The child and the family will surely grow up and get over the fact that the present was not there on time. Our family at UPS here will remember this Christmas for a different reason. Perhaps we need to take a good look at what really matters.

I'm a driver that ran out of hours this week. Long hours and bad weather are a part of the job. Nothing you said explains why there was no attempt on the package.

While we all share in the pain of the loss of a fellow driver the fact is that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. That is a topic for another thread.

25yrvet

Sorry that we did not come through for you Domsdad. Most of the phone support centers are many states away from the area you are calling from & are not aware of any special circumstances. The people you talk to at these phone ctrs do not have any delivery operations experience.

hoser

Industrial Slob

HORSHAM,
PA, US

The customer may be 'disappointed' or 'let down', but shouldn't be 'pissed'. She's getting her goods a day late. She has to now tell her son "here's a picture of what you're getting, because you won't get it until :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: tomorrow".

I know, he'll throw a tantrum and shout about how much he hates his life in the suburbs because of UPS, and the mother will sit there crying, wondering what she should do but instead contemplating about how much of a horrible mother she is because of UPS.

Of course, we did drop the ball. But this is nothing that merits someone to go on the forum saying that UPS ruined her christmas because of the delay in receiving a material good. In life, things get delayed, especially when you ship stuff standard at the last very moment with 50% more people than usual trying to ship stuff standard. Deal with it. If she can't, she can get counselling. Or better yet, we can drop her in Darfur week later and ask of her opinion into this matter a week later.

domsdad

Just called the 800 number in Florida and was told that some one from the Horsham PA location would call me. Thanks to all the forum members who wrote in, but to the others stay on topic.
I payed for saturday delivery and whether the drivers had no time left or the were upset for having to work I payed for services I did not recieve.
My son did no throw a tantrum in the suburbs yesterday.
My heart goes out to the family of the driver that lost his life at a young age.
HOSER jump in your truck and take those aid packages to Sudan yourself.
WTF does that relate to this topic???

OldManAllowance

I'd like to hear what the center had to say about your package, what reason did they give? I'm glad to see that it was delivered @ 9:32 am this morning...day late, dollar short.

Overpaid Union Thug

The fact that the tracking info said "out for delivery" tells me that it was at least handled twice, yet, was not delivered. In our building the air trailer containing all the saturday packages is unloaded by whatever two or three drivers are working that saturday and a part-time sup scans them as they come out of the trailer. Then we go down and sort them out. This past saturday is a little different. There are more drivers working so after the sup scans the packages he/she lets them ride down the built and the drivers sort them out. In my building it's kind of goofy because lots of packages will end up making it to the end of the belt because sometimes we aren't sure who is covering certain areas. It's not like a regular work day where a driver knows exactly what areas he/she is supposed to deliver to.

The other explanations I can offer lead me back to what I said before about not including apartment numbers, not home to sign, etc., What I'm not sure of is what happens to the tracking info after a package is sheeted as "Need Apartment Number" or "NI1". I've never tracked a package of my own in that situation.

LKLND3380

I'd like to hear what the center had to say about your package, what reason did they give? I'm glad to see that it was delivered @ 9:32 am this morning...day late, dollar short.

On Saturday the Center Manager here said that ANY PACKAGE MARKED OR IDENTIFIED AS A CHRISTMAS GIFT WOULD NOT BE DELIVERED ON SATURDAY unless they paid for saturday delivery...

So here was this pile of Razor Scooters and such that were held until today.

They asked for every available Preloader to show up at 9:00AM on Saturday and then there was no work so they started sending people home at 10:45 but the Union Contracts says Three and a half hours... So a few hung out and did porter work to make that 3:30...

I saw one package come through "PLEASE DELIVER BY CHRISTMAS" and was shipped 12/18/2007...

"WHAT CAN BROWN DO TO YOU..."