Saturday delivery pushed till tuesday HELP

browniehound

Domsdad, I'm sorry about your son's gift, but you must consider the alternative. Fedex or DHL?????

Can I tell you my christmas gift headache? Actually, the gift was for me, ordered by my girlfriend. She ordered this gift 10 business days before Saturday the 23rd (14 days ago). It was a specific item I ask for her to get. The Item was supposed to be delivered on Wed. the 20th. It wasn't delivered. She called, and Fedex ground customer service and they told her it would be there on the 21st.

Didn't show. 22nd same thing. 23rd comes and I'm at work and she calls me crying saying that my christmas gift hasn't come. Of course I forgive her and tell her to get me a DVD for christmas and I'll be happy to get the gift after dec. 25th.

So anyway, she calls customer service again and they told her it would be delivered on Dec. the 23rd. But guess what? Fedex ground dosen't deliver on Saturdays! It wasn't until 5 pm that she called back and someone there told her Fedex ground doesent deliver on Saturdays and she won't be getting her package. And to boot, its now Wedsenday and she still hasn't gotten it.

So while UPS screwed up someway over the course of 24 hours, Fedex ground can't make service on a package that was suppose to be delivered 96 hours beforehand.

My response to her aggrivation: Why the hell would you trust anybody other than UPS? You know first hand what we do to make service. She now understands what service really means.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Domsdad, I'm sorry about your son's gift, but you must consider the alternative. Fedex or DHL?????

Can I tell you my christmas gift headache? Actually, the gift was for me, ordered by my girlfriend. She ordered this gift 10 business days before Saturday the 23rd (14 days ago). It was a specific item I ask for her to get. The Item was supposed to be delivered on Wed. the 20th. It wasn't delivered. She called, and Fedex ground customer service and they told her it would be there on the 21st.

Didn't show. 22nd same thing. 23rd comes and I'm at work and she calls me crying saying that my christmas gift hasn't come. Of course I forgive her and tell her to get me a DVD for christmas and I'll be happy to get the gift after dec. 25th.

So anyway, she calls customer service again and they told her it would be delivered on Dec. the 23rd. But guess what? Fedex ground dosen't deliver on Saturdays! It wasn't until 5 pm that she called back and someone there told her Fedex ground doesent deliver on Saturdays and she won't be getting her package. And to boot, its now Wedsenday and she still hasn't gotten it.

So while UPS screwed up someway over the course of 24 hours, Fedex ground can't make service on a package that was suppose to be delivered 96 hours beforehand.

My response to her aggrivation: Why the hell would you trust anybody other than UPS? You know first hand what we do to make service. She now understands what service really means.

Good point about making service. Last nite, my driver and I took 30+ stops off another driver because he wasn't gonna make it to that area before he had to go in. Turns out it was a good thing we did. We got a few sendagains and the last time it was tried was TUESDAY!!! That neighborhood hadn't seen a UPS package car in a week. People were very happy to see us.

U

UPS Man in PA

I must make a clarification regarding Browniehound's christmas delivery story where it was stated that "Fedex ground dosen't deliver on Saturdays!".

While it may be true that "FedEx Ground" doesn't deliver on Saturday, the residential delivery arm of FedEx, FedEx Home Delivery, does deliver on Saturday (they deliver Tue through Sat, instead of Mon through Fri).

browniehound

I must make a clarification regarding Browniehound's christmas delivery story where it was stated that "Fedex ground dosen't deliver on Saturdays!".

While it may be true that "FedEx Ground" doesn't deliver on Saturday, the residential delivery arm of FedEx, FedEx Home Delivery, does deliver on Saturday (they deliver Tue through Sat, instead of Mon through Fri).

It was to come Fed-ex ground, not Fed-ex home delivery.

hoser

Industrial Slob
I noticed alot of Next day air packages in our building Tuesday morning with Saturday next day air stickers on them. Most of them were to residental houses and did look like Christmas gifts. Maybe they were from Denver but I really doubt it. I am sure there will be some pissed off customers on the other end.
Judging by your handle, you're likely a union shop steward. So this means you have the graviest job in the centre that involves the smallest amount of work possible. As such, you spend company time going to Burger King instead of doing the simple task that you are assigned, resulting in chaos on the sort. While sipping your ultra uber whopper sized coke as 19 year old college kids are busting their asses off on the sort, you likely walked past some packages at the customer counter, ECS, or go-around shelf, but because you do no work, you didn't realise that they were holds, closed and sig-req'd, CODs, or obscure boxes that are under trace and needing to go on the belt ASAFP. But of course, because you take no pride in the company or your role within that company, you ignored them, went back to your favorite hiding spot, then subsequently went on browncafe telling us how many pissed off people there are going to be.

Sorry, I've had a few glasses of wine, I thought I would just run with the creative synergy that I'm having now:lol::lol:

Last edited:

local804

Judging by your handle, you're likely a union shop steward. So this means you have the graviest job in the centre that involves the smallest amount of work possible. As such, you spend company time going to Burger King instead of doing the simple task that you are assigned, resulting in chaos on the sort. While sipping your ultra uber whopper sized coke as 19 year old college kids are busting their asses off on the sort, you likely walked past some packages at the customer counter, ECS, or go-around shelf, but because you do no work, you didn't realise that they were holds, closed and sig-req'd, CODs, or obscure boxes that are under trace and needing to go on the belt ASAFP. But of course, because you take no pride in the company or your role within that company, you ignored them, went back to your favorite hiding spot, then subsequently went on browncafe telling us how many pissed off people there are going to be.

Sorry, I've had a few glasses of wine, I thought I would just run with the creative synergy that I'm having now:lol::lol:

1. Not a steward
2. I do not eat at Burger King
3. You have no clue about what your talking about.
4. They had no service crosses on them, were not on the go around belt.
They were packages that should have been delivered ONTIME that
were not.
5. Put down the wine and pick up a book, knowledge is power.
6. You have no clue what you are talking about.

HazMatMan

Gee, I was a Steward for 5 years (2000-2005) and I never had Burger King on company time, lol. One thing that did happen when I resigned as Steward, MY HEADACHE WENT AWAY!!!.