Saturday operation cancelled

I'm in the San Antonio market with Express and our operation was cancelled today however Mem Wx doesn't look that bad, my question is are any other markets ops cnx'ed today? and does anyone know why?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm in the San Antonio market with Express and our operation was cancelled today however Mem Wx doesn't look that bad, my question is are any other markets ops cnx'ed today? and does anyone know why?

I'm not working today, but WX sounds right. MEM probably didn't get a lot of freight from the bad weather states.

P.S. I just checked, and Shelby County (Memphis) was under a Winter Storm Watch.

Whats in the Box

Wow. I'm feeling the ice storm brewing for N. Texas starting Sunday will cripple the delivery industry for a couple days. Good I still have my personal days for good days to not come in.

DontThrowPackages

Wow. I'm feeling the ice storm brewing for N. Texas starting Sunday will cripple the delivery industry for a couple days. Good I still have my personal days for good days to not come in.
When I first started biding on vacations, we were "encouraged" to schedule our person days before our floating holidays. I leaned quickly never do this.

Purplepackage

We started 90 minutes late today, I'm home now but only because I managed to beat the snow on half of my country route. manager told us to head in if we felt the snow was getting to crazy, haven't heard that in awhile

whenIgetthere

Didn't happen at my station. I had a crap load of Saturdays on my route Monday.

We got buried with last weeks late stuff on Saturday. Left building at noon, still had to be back before CTV left at 5. I had three 1300-1330 close PUP's which I had to do before deliveries, on a route with a 50 minutes stem. Real cluster! I delivered my Saturday's and DEX01 on all the late stuff.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We got buried with last weeks late stuff on Saturday. Left building at noon, still had to be back before CTV left at 5. I had three 1300-1330 close PUP's which I had to do before deliveries, on a route with a 50 minutes stem. Real cluster! I delivered my Saturday's and DEX01 on all the late stuff.
Ahhh...........The World On Time. Kinda' gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling, eh?