Saturday Part Time Air Driver work

Hello 2 my ups brothers and sisters!! I have a question. I work in the DC area as a part time air driver. My building is forcing all air driver 2 work on Saturdays. Are they allowed to do that? I have a full-time job to go along with my part-time and by the end of the week I'm exhausted. They're threatening our jobs if we don't show up. I just want to know if they're allowed to do this.

PT Car Washer

Hello 2 my ups brothers and sisters!! I have a question. I work in the DC area as a part time air driver. My building is forcing all air driver 2 work on Saturdays. Are they allowed to do that? I have a full-time job to go along with my part-time and by the end of the week I'm exhausted. They're threatening our jobs if we don't show up. I just want to know if they're allowed to do this.
How many hours a week do you work between your two jobs? You may not have enough hours to legally drive on Saturday.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
As I recall whenever my old center required every driver work on Sats , many had to book off very early in the AM due to having sick wives .

McGee

Have you contacted your steward AND BA??

Box Ox

I'm not scheduled to work on Saturday. They're forcing us.

My center forces PT air/air exception drivers to work Saturdays only on very special occasions with definite higher volume. Like next Saturday, the 7th, since Mother's Day is the 8th.

But on the forced list, there's also always several lower seniority layoffs listed who would probably love to jump in if a forced couldn't make it.