Saturdays

Overpaid Union Thug

Good luck with that. There were several drivers that were notified at 7:30 pm on a Friday night during peak last year they were being forced to work on the next day. If we didn't show up, they would terminate us under refusal to work. We got diad messages saying this. The union took their side on the issue and we were helpless. After working, 3 of us filed grievances about it. All 3 have disappeared. One of the affected is a steward, and he has spent the last year trying to find out how those grievances got swept under a rug but with no luck.

We had a similar situation several years back. Our messages said "You are instructed to report to work in the morning at such and such time." They ended up calling most early in the morning and said they weren't needed. Only one showed up and demanded his 8 hours. They were not happy.

CHALLY9TX

Not true.

I have worked 4 tue-sat weeks to cover mother's days and a valentines day.

UPS is only required to provide a 5 day week as we so disappointingly found out.

I hope it never becomes a regular thing but I expect it to happen. Not looking forward to needing permission from UPS to do the things I currently enjoy doing on Saturdays.

Saturdays (with rare exceptions) and Sundays belong to me.

This is not true.

I guess I was wrong. It's 2011 not 2013.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1408289759.483826.jpg

Sent using BrownCafe App

UnconTROLLed

perfection
As you can see in the language above if they did that in New England they'd have to pay the premium rate.
I am in New England, if I bid into a T-S FT job, it's straight time. I have worked T-S. There are a variety of FT package car and 22.3 T-S jobs. Only Sundays are 1.5x, outside of 6th/7th punches and peak. which is why nearly all of our local's FT 22.3 jobs were rebid from Sun-Thurs. to Mon-Fri, in roughly 2002

nystripe96

Being forced in on a Saturday during peak is one thing, but enjoying my weekends off is a huge aspect of what makes a career at UPS worth it. Family time on weekends is absolutely vital. Tuesday thru Sat wouldn't fly with the vast majority of union employees thus I don't foresee that ever happening unless the union is somehow weakened or succumbs to unjustified pressure from the company. Saturday ground delivery is becoming more likely, but there are plenty of PT's that could fill that void

Sent using BrownCafe App

Being forced in on a Saturday during peak is one thing, but enjoying my weekends off is a huge aspect of what makes a career at UPS worth it. Family time on weekends is absolutely vital. Tuesday thru Sat wouldn't fly with the vast majority of union employees thus I don't foresee that ever happening unless the union is somehow weakened or succumbs to unjustified pressure from the company. Saturday ground delivery is becoming more likely, but there are plenty of PT's that could fill that void

Sent using BrownCafe App
At FT driver top rate?

Z

ZQXC

I'll finish up doing Mon. through Sat. if that's what they want.
Keep throwing the money, and I'll keep catching it.

http://www.sherv.net/center manager/emoticons/baseball/baseball-glove-smiley-emoticon.gif

nystripe96

Oh wow. Well nevertheless I can't imagine a Tues-Sat regular work schedule mainly due to the fact commercial businesses, especially offices are always open on Mondays. Mon-Fri, with Sat being optional/PT work & potentially Sunday's down the road. USPS has implemented a weekend work schedule mainly due to the fact they can't keep up with the other big guns any longer

Sent using BrownCafe App