Saving UPS

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This response is a perfect example of why anyone can be a driver.
And you're the perfect example of why anyone can be a supe?

Steve is what I refer to as Brown Cafe lite--his comments are light on substance and require little thought on the part of the reader.

Hudson, please use caution climbing down from your pedestal.
I can't tell if this is a compliment or a flame? I'm so sorry that I don't make great posts like yours, Upstate. I would attempt to mimic you, but then that just wouldn't be me. I post as I want, which is pretty much as I am. I'm no internet tough guy.

Do us all a favor and give UpState's cape a tug on your way down. I don't think he believes there is enough room for both of you up there.
That's not a cape, it's his diaper!:surprised:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
"Steve is what I refer to as Brown Cafe lite--his comments are light on substance and require little thought on the part of the reader."

Man, This even offends me. Even if it was not meant as a flame, it comes across like someone in judgement as to the "quality" of his comments. Where is the standard by which we all post and comment to?
Why does making comments like this make this Forum better?
UPSstate: I agree with your work ethic and retorts to criticism of your (apparent) core values, but why instigate?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"Steve is what I refer to as Brown Cafe lite--his comments are light on substance and require little thought on the part of the reader."

Man, This even offends me. Even if it was not meant as a flame, it comes across like someone in judgement as to the "quality" of his comments. Where is the standard by which we all post and comment to?
UPSstate: I agree with your work ethic and retorts to criticism of your (apparent) core values, but why instigate?

That's just how he is, how he's always been.
He just can't seem to keep his foot, among other parts of his anatomy, out of his mouth.

tieguy

Banned

I don't think the comment was meant to offend nor do I think it comes across as offensive. there are posters here who choose to lightly dance around certain issues rather then get caught up in the board wars. Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with pointing it out.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't think the comment was meant to offend nor do I think it comes across as offensive. there are posters here who choose to lightly dance around certain issues rather then get caught up in the board wars. Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with pointing it out.
Birds of a feather.

govols019

You smell that?
Board wars? Wow, that's just scary. It's the internet, dude. Nobody, except for you, cares.

What Upstate wrote was offensive and he meant it that way. He's an attention whore.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
Oh I forgot, my opinion is worthless in your eyes Tieguy, I am so sorry my statement offended you. UPS deserves my praise, I don't deserve to wear the Browns they give me. I will work to 7:30 tomorrow and go in and thank my center manager for the privilege, after I punch out of course.

Having a good paying (best in the industry and far better than most people with a 4 year degree) job is not a right. If you work full time for UPS in most areas you are among the top wage earners of all professions.

The company agrees to compensate the employee in exchange for labor. The employee agrees to do what is in the best interest of the company in exchange for this compensation. Our free choice or rights allow us (and me and everyone else) to seek employment as we choose. All employers expect their employees to act in the best interest of the company. It seems we sometimes have a clouded view of how business works.

Blizzard

Board wars? Wow, that's just scary. It's the internet, dude. Nobody, except for you, cares.

What Upstate wrote was offensive and he meant it that way. He's an attention whore.

Says the attention whore speaking about the attention whore in response to the attention whore.:happy-very:

If you are going to ask for respect shouldn't you also expect to give it?
I just noticed no one answered your question. My answer is "not necessarily". I believe respect has to be earned either way it flows.
Now, on the other hand, I do believe that both and management should be treated with a certain amount of courtesy.

Come one. Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded!:peaceful::whiteflag:

Please be careful with references such as these. Our members come from all different backgrounds and what may be funny to some may be offensive to others.
Very good point UpState, that is of course unless shifting contents is in that category himself, then he is allowed. Isn't that the way it goes?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
People need not take life so seriously. I grew up with a family whose membership include a member with downs and they never treated it with kid gloves. If the term "retarded" offends maybe I can substitute it for something else. Like brussel sprouts perhaps?

Let me try this again.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the vegetable olympics. Even if you win youre still brussel sprouts!

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
This reminds me of the time I met a little person. Someone said "little person" in front of him and he said, "I am a friend*ing midget. That little person BS is for whiney people who like attention."

In the end Upstate. If you had come out and said, "That offends me. My son is handicapped." or something to that effect, I would have apologized and refrained. But you, standing up for people who might not give a crap makes me not give a crap.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This reminds me of the time I met a little person. Someone said "little person" in front of him and he said, "I am a friend*ing midget. That little person BS is for whiney people who like attention."

In the end Upstate. If you had come out and said, "That offends me. My son is handicapped." or something to that effect, I would have apologized and refrained. But you, standing up for people who might not give a crap makes me not give a crap.
Not to mention it all started as a result of UpState's insensativity. Now all of a sudden he the PC police. Whatever. What a brussel sprout.