Saving work for 9.5 retaliation

BrownTexas

Has anyone filed a grievance for dispatch controlling your route Monday-Wednesday and then making you work 9.5 days on Thursday and Friday knowing you can't file for the actual violation?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1406429731.035323.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No but I will be watching. As it stands now, 4 days over 10, so it doesnt apply. I would love 3 decent days. Better than being slammed all 5

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Target? A blind man could hit us all, we are all targets. The minute you turn the key, you are a target. Are you any less of a target if you do not file? And let yourself be beat to death, so you have to struggle to work safely?
There is a point where a fatigue factor takes over, I went to that lobotomy class, I believe it is 9.5 hours. Granted it was years ago when I actually "thought" I wanted to be in management.
There is a point in time where you have nothing left and your life is all work. Nothing left in your body, nothing left for fun, friends, family. That is when you will file.

BrownTexas

Had a few drivers be eligible to file for it but we aren't sure how it will play out. What ups's penalty will be or if it is even worth the fight. I myself have been violated one of the 2 days but since I didn't get screwed but once I haven't worried too much about it. Basically get blown out Monday, and Thursday. But if I get blown out on a Friday and it is obviously an over dispatch then I will file.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Had a few drivers be eligible to file for it but we aren't sure how it will play out. What ups's penalty will be or if it is even worth the fight. I myself have been violated one of the 2 days but since I didn't get screwed but once I haven't worried too much about it. Basically get blown out Monday, and Thursday. But if I get blown out on a Friday and it is obviously an over dispatch then I will file.
We even had a center manager come out and jump on truck with a guy because he was running late. Even later than me, LOL. If thats not intimidation, I dont know what is. But you know all he has to do is his job, if he is doing his job, everything would work. If his drivers are getting slammed he needs to speak up, but they are scared for their jobs worse than us.

turdbrown

Has anyone filed a grievance for dispatch controlling your route Monday-Wednesday and then making you work 9.5 days on Thursday and Friday knowing you can't file for the actual violation?View attachment 15051
file and file again if it continues. If you do not file, nothing will be done. Right is right! As far as people not wanting to file grievances because the do not want to be "targets"?! As long as you are doing your job the way you are suppose to, let them watch or ride with you. As long as U are doing what is correct you will be fine.

ReLooped

I'm utility...AGAIN!?
this usually happens to me during the week. dispatch looks good the beginning of the week, but once thursday/friday rolls through i get hosed. According to my BA if the days i go over 9.5 aren't excessive on the 2 "free days"(like being hit with a workload that keeps me out 12 hours), then the center can let me run over twice a week. so far when i have been hung out to dry, i come in around 10 hours

edit: my biggest pet peeve is hearing drivers complain about dispatch, etc. but lose their nerve when the idea of opting in is brought up since the whole "target on my back" nonsense scares them away.

RIH251

Take a look at the forum topic "Weak BA". Quite a little convo going on there about this same topic.

Sent using BrownCafe App

O

OLDMAN3

They have handed out checks to 1/4 of my center. It took persistence. Now we have 1/2 of the center on the list, since the ones not filing were getting the shaft while those on the list got 8 1/2 days. 1/2 of the center is now on the list. They are training like crazy trying to fill bids for 15% more drivers than we have now. File and let others in your center know that grievances will have a real impact with the new contract.

undies

They have handed out checks to 1/4 of my center. It took persistence. Now we have 1/2 of the center on the list, since the ones not filing were getting the shaft while those on the list got 8 1/2 days. 1/2 of the center is now on the list. They are training like crazy trying to fill bids for 15% more drivers than we have now. File and let others in your center know that grievances will have a real impact with the new contract.

Pretty sure that's why my center is hiring drivers like crazy and routes are not getting cut. I'd say 80% are opted in and ready to file if violated. Some things so work if we stick together.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Iam adding an 8 hr request to the fray. By their ludicrous numbers, they will need to get me about six hours of work. I can see them pulling their hair out as I type. LOL this shall be fun.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just skip lunch. That's what a lot in my area do. The company takes out the hour too, so they are working for free.

RIH251

Again...I would suggest you read the Forum Topic "weak BA". It appears that the new and improved (sarcasm) TDU administration over at 251 in Providence has plenty of drivers on its overtime reduction sign ups, and being " violated" only to have their BA settle for .10-30¢ on the dollar owed to the grievant. Why would the company hire more people in Providence when they can pay $100 on a $1000 violation. I believe they'll do the math and just pay the $100. "Strong contract language" is garbage if the BA sells out.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Big Bad Wolf

Again...I would suggest you read the Forum Topic "weak BA". It appears that the new and improved (sarcasm) TDU administration over at 251 in Providence has plenty of drivers on its overtime reduction sign ups, and being " violated" only to have their BA settle for .10-30¢ on the dollar owed to the grievant. Why would the company hire more people in Providence when they can pay $100 on a $1000 violation. I believe they'll do the math and just pay the $100. "Strong contract language" is garbage if the BA sells out.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Why am I not surprised? TDU has always talked a big game yet only to fall on empty promises. I wonder if the TDU website will report on their own. I doubt it. How long has this new administration been in office?

Where are you pigs now?