Say I get a part time job tomorrow and have a 2 week vacation planned for xmas...

Ringside

At this point they will tell you anything to convince you to take the job. But once you start they have you by the gonads and they forget all the promises they made to get you in that door and on the belt.

Yep that's what I expected. Thank you for that input.

And for the record Just Tired I'm not a kid, I just happen to have stepped out of a job where management didn't want to own your body and soul and they actually understood that work simply cannot come before every single one of life's little uprisings. After looking round on this forum for a couple of days I'm thinking of turning the job down if it does come my way as I don't want to risk ending up as bitter and twisted as a lot of folks (obviously not all) on this board.

jennie

Hello all,

First post here. I have a tour to attend tonight after applying a couple of weeks ago online.

Some background....I moved to the US from the UK in April and have been looking for work with no luck. In December I'm going home for 2 weeks for a family wedding....If I get offered a job am I screwed as far as my trip is concerned?

Thanks a lot.

Wow, wrong place, go on the trip, then come back and start, make believe you found about UPS after the PARTY, then your all good :peaceful:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And for the record Just Tired I'm not a kid, I just happen to have stepped out of a job where management didn't want to own your body and soul and they actually understood that work simply cannot come before every single one of life's little uprisings. After looking round on this forum for a couple of days I'm thinking of turning the job down if it does come my way as I don't want to risk ending up as bitter and twisted as a lot of folks (obviously not all) on this board.

Buh-bye.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.

Not to mention condescending, arrogant, unappreciative, and ignorant. Sounds like you should ask for your old job back, Simon.

QKRSTKR

Hmmm I was hoping for a nice understanding management situation like at my last place of employment!

And what was your last employment and why did u leave?

I can't even believe you wasted your time on the tour. You should take the job, chances are you would quit before you vaction anyways.

bscott85

you probably couldve gotten away with this if it was any other time of the year besides christmas, our center is pretty lax about letting people have time off, calling in etc. but they got NUTS if some1 asks off/calls in thanksgiving - new years

i know a few people(high school people) that got hired notifying management they couldnt work during senior/beach week in june and the sups were fine with letting them off