Scam calls

gman042

Been around the block a few times
My wife answered the phone one day. The guy said he worked for the IRS and his last name was Miller. Had a very heavy Indian accent though. Strange for a man named Miller.
He said we owed taxes and needed our CC info. Wife refused. He said the sheriff would be there in 15 minutes to take her to jail.
Wife said good. She was just finishing making some cookies and would be happy to share with him when he arrived to take her to jail.
Guy hung up.

Gear

Parts on Order
I got the same calls. I started pretending I was going to send the money, then say :censored2: you and laugh. One guy threaten to send a team of police officers to arrest me, I told him to upgrade it to SWAT. I havent had any call lately. Its sad people fall for this scam.

welovelogistics

What can brown do for you
My caller ID on these comes from Washington State (yes, that state nearest Canada at the top left of the map). Note that the IRS is in Washington District of Columbia.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpeg

trickpony1

I got one today from a 646 area code (New York).

A guy who sounds like one of our middle eastern friends read the same script as your calls.

One of our prominent BC members is from New York. I wonder if it is him while he is on his lunch break?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

A guy who sounds like one of our middle eastern friends read the same script as your calls.

One of our prominent BC members is from New York. I wonder if it is him while he is on his lunch break?
that guy from NY is the mastermind of the whole operation.

wait a minute. not that smart.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Area code 646 is Manhattan. Upstate is from.....wait for it..........upstate NY.

#Google maps

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
that guy from NY is the mastermind of the whole operation.

wait a minute. not that smart.
Ahhh speaking of being smart....tell me more about the "9" levels of progressive discipline at UPS that you mentioned earlier.

I think you confuses that with the "9" months that it takes for a warning letter to be voided. I know it gets confusing trying to remember bits and pieces of policies from a company you didn't work for.