Scam calls

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Screenshot_2016-08-17-17-40-23~2.jpg
646 is also used for cellphones so it could be from anywhere.

#Boom
Anywhere in NYC, yes. Anywhere in the state.....possible but very unlikely.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Maybe if we could establish there is some sort of link between these foreign-like wouldbe scammers and ISIS funding, we could make it go away. (with the help of our benevolent government)

clean hairy

Got one the other day that I had already Googled the number. It was some guy with an unintelligible accent. Indian, Pakistani or maybe Kentuckian.

He started to tell me that I had a virus on my computer. He wanted me to log into some website and mentioned Windows and Microsoft.

I played along, and after a while I said, "What? Windows? Microsoft? Jerk, I am on a MacBook!"

Then, I layed into him for a couple minutes.

No more calls.:)
One guy had a cracked picture frame, wastebasket, and a screwdriver by his computer.
He got a call from a guy with a heavy accent that told him about he had a problem with windows on computer.
The guy told him to wait a few seconds, he broke the picture frame with the handle of the screwdriver and told the guy "OK, I threw the computer out the window, now what?"
This is one I saw on youtube quite awhile back.

CHALLY9TX

Anybody else getting bombarded with scam calls pretending to be the IRS or Treasury Dept from Death Valley (caller id)? I'm averaging like 2 a day lately.

Started getting calls from a few Los Angeles are code numbers since Monday. Claiming IRS is filing a lawsuit against me. Never answer but the voicemail is always the same. Then yesterday I get a text about some money being deposited into some card I obviously don't have.

If anyone gets those texts, DO NOT REPLY even if the text says to reply STOP to cancel the texts. They texted me about 3 times and seems like they gave up.

FYI.....you can block all these numbers on your smartphone.

Returntosender

If you knows it a scammer calling answer the phone and say" The job is done boss, there is blood everywhere. The job is done what do you want to do with the body parts? ". The scammer will hang up.

moreluck

golden ticket member
According to the recorded calls from the IRS......I should be in jail right now. The IRS won't call you!!!!! Don't be duped.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I get the call where no one seems to be on the line.....I wait 'til they finally realize they have a live one, then I sing....."Don't Be Tardy For the Party"
I'm sure it makes their day!

dudebro

Don't bother trying to figure out where the "number" on the caller ID is. All of these companies use offshore servers that robo call people and "spoof" the caller ID, so when you block / report one number, they call 5 seconds later from another one.

The smarter ones even use the area code and exchange of the number they call, so it looks like a neighbor or a friend and you're more likely to answer. So if your number is (123) 555-1234 the caller ID will say (123) 555-4312.

You can always tell when you answer the phone, there's a moment of silence while the basement server in the Ukraine tries to find an Indian national with a gun to his head in a boiler room who isn't already on the phone trying to scam someone else.

Either you get an answer after saying hello 3 times, or, the server can't find an open line and hangs up on you. Then calls you back from yet another number 3 seconds later.

The ONLY solution is a whitelist. You have to be a contact to ring my phone.

Last edited: