Scam on the Western Conference & L 177 H&W

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
The new health plan covers UPS Teamsters in much of the West and in New Jersey Local 177. Some members have expressed concern about the fact that eligibility will be determined on a weekly basis (see page 2 of the summary) instead of monthly. This means that if you are off work for one full week due to being injured off the job or other uncompensated reasons, you will temporarily lose coverage.

In other words if you're out with your kids kicking a ball around and you trip and sprain your ankle and have to miss a week of work without pay, you loose medical coverage.

We can thank Andy "the numbskull" Marshall for this screw-up!

Stonefish

The new health plan covers UPS Teamsters in much of the West and in New Jersey Local 177. Some members have expressed concern about the fact that eligibility will be determined on a weekly basis (see page 2 of the summary) instead of monthly. This means that if you are off work for one full week due to being injured off the job or other uncompensated reasons, you will temporarily lose coverage.

In other words if you're out with your kids kicking a ball around and you trip and sprain your ankle and have to miss a week of work without pay, you loose medical coverage.

Not true

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
People are so mis-informed. I've missed more than a week on a few occasions with union healthcare and haven't skipped a beat on coverage.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Los Angeles Local 396 has an election this October and guess what guys? This was the local that voted overwhelming No and blamed Ron H. Now H is claiming it was his fault and that it was Hoffa and Hall. Apparently to save his job he's telling the members that he is no longer supporting them. But he sure receives another salary from the IBT for being international VP. With this news just leaking out more questions are sure to loom.

It would be stellar to see a SoCal local be overtaken by an anti Hoffa slate.

jaker

trolling
Did i read this part right you won't be covered if you get hurt off the job

( I copy this exactly from the site )
There are certain instances where you will not be covered such as if you request time off without pay , get injured off the job , ETC.

LagunaBrown

"The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides certain employees with up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year. It also requires that their group health benefits be maintained during the leave."

You are a shallow man to use this transition to talk crap and use for political gain. Why would you try to spread fear to brothers and sisters instead of helping members get answers?

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

Last edited:
"The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides certain employees with up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year. It also requires that their group health benefits be maintained during the leave."

You are a shallow man to use this transition to talk crap and use for political gain. Why would you try to spread fear to brothers and sisters instead of helping members get answers?

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)
Yea he's typical tdu. They are really interested in helping members if it conflicts with there political agenda. Rotten

Johney

It has always been that way here. You must work at least one day to have coverage for that week. I have had them code me wrong for vacation and sure enough I get a letter from TEAMCARE asking if I want to pay for COBRA. Granted this comes four weeks or so down the road when coverage started back. I have to have them call payroll to back pay coverage for that week as if any Dr. bills submitted for that week would have been denied for no coverage.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!

I didn't have to use FMLA under the last contract. Why can't you admit this health care is inferior to what we had?

LagunaBrown

Good point! Do we now have to file for FMLA every time we take time off work? Like an off-the-job injury or request off?

That sucks!
Your options are the same as always..... FMLA, Disability or if short term like a week you could use a sick day to get a punch. Just make sure it's covered. What really sucks is how your TDU posts are all bitchy negative but fail to explain to members how to keep their coverage.

LagunaBrown

I didn't have to use FMLA under the last contract. Why can't you admit this health care is inferior to what we had?
Poor baby.... Do you still get tucked in at night?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
So those of us that play softball in an adult league should consider quitting. Because God forgive I'm turning second and I sprain my ankle and need a week to recover because it's happened before.

Can you Hoffa lick azzes please admit our healthcare is garbage? You should have seen the BA this morning saying they didn't support this and that's why Ron H is backing Rome A in 2016...cowards!