Scanning packages from office as missed

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by margaritaville, Feb 14, 2015.

1. margaritaville

margaritaville Active Member

Did a route blind that is hard and was scraping by all day. Barely get air off so not lates. Barely get business off before pickups. But pull it all off without help so was feeling proud. Get back to building and hear "can you scan this AIR package in the office as missed?" Double whammy.

Obviously, wont get in trouble since its not my fault but no missed/no lates than have to scan someone elses air package as late/missed haha. They should have a better way of doing that than give it to random drivers. Very random non important issue. Just ranting lol.
  2. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

I would not do it.

Hope you typed WAD in the remarks field.
  3. midwest brown

midwest brown Member

What's WAD
  4. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

Working As Directed
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Wad's Happinin'!!!
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. sailfish

sailfish Well-Known Member

I probably wouldn't care. I'd still do it as long as I remembered the WAD remark. Their fudge, not mine.
  7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I put the soups name in remarks.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Don't they have a customer counter board they use for stuff like that
  9. undies

undies Active Member

When the prompt as to why it was late just put "customer opens after commit"
  10. youllbefine

youllbefine Active Member

Don't do it . Never have your name show up on a report even if they say it's ok
  11. sportsjock

sportsjock Member

On occasion they have asked us to do something similar. Especially if their are missed commercial they will flip out and tell you to void and rescan as residential. Our District Manager is over the top. I've heard him just tongue whip the sups.
  12. Just tell them to do it with the center board. Like others said, it doesn't matter that they said they know you didn't do it. When your center manager is on the AM conference call with his boss, his boss will look at the report and say "Why did Smith have a missed air?"
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Just another one of the Slim Shady games these jackasczzes play daily dude lol.

CHALLY9TX Active Member

I think in this situation it's not a problem sheeting it missed. In fact it's the correct thing to do. The package is missed. It would be shady if they asked the driver to sheet it EC or something else. Besides, the time stamp and gps stamp would be in favor of the driver.
  15. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

Just do what the Sup asks of you, WAD or Sups Name in remarks and make sure another person sees all of this.
  16. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Make sure one of your co workers witnesses the instructions in case it becomes an issue. I still wouldn't do it with my diad because the data it stores reflects my efforts, good or bad, for the day.
  17. jaker

jaker trolling

I wouldn't have a issue doing it either , since its not my route and you can see that it was scan in the building way after commit time

And they don't care about how good you ran your route or the efforts you put in to get it done
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. porkwagon

porkwagon Active Member

They've asked me to to that many many times. I don't care so I just do it and it's never been a problem. But if you do want to, pretend you didn't hear them, punch out your board, look up and say; "Pardon me?"
  19. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Is it that Italian guy Progresso?
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  20. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

No, it's that rhinestone cowboy.