Scared of 9.5 List?

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
What do you think about the second part of my post?

I agree to a point with the last part. I know some drivers that are like that in my center. But everyone has access to all driver stats everyday in my center. Educate yourself before you get sucked into what management wants you to believe. I could care less with what other drivers think of me. Just don't appreciate being treated like a slacker when my stats say otherwise and all I'm trying to do is decline the extra work and exercise the same 9.5 rule that is open to everyone. But the first part of your response is complete Horse S@@T . Busting your hump everyday does NOT get you anything but more work.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
I agree to a point with the last part. I know some drivers that are like that in my center. But everyone has access to all driver stats everyday in my center. Educate yourself before you get sucked into what management wants you to believe. I could care less with what other drivers think of me. Just don't appreciate being treated like a slacker when my stats say otherwise and all I'm trying to do is decline the extra work and exercise the same 9.5 rule that is open to everyone. But the first part of your response is complete Horse S@@T . Busting your hump everyday does NOT get you anything but more work.
I disagree with your last sentence. As for the slacker status, keep your head up and keep showing them you're not.

Most guys I work with I get along with but ultimately at the end of the day like them or not none of them are the people I go home to. So don't worry yourself enough to care.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
As soon as you get on the 9.5 list in my center you get a 3-day. That's why a lot of drivers don't get on it. I understand some drivers like and need the overtime and that's perfectly fine with me. Some are outspoken about everyone not getting on the list, but they will be the first ones to take an RLO and let a casual work. You should be all in or just pipe down.

Amen! Nothing worse then the guys who say they want the extra work but raise hell when they get it. Say what you mean and mean what you say!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Look at it this way. You see most of these guys for 10/15 minutes. Then you go to work. Unless your one of the guys who comes to work to stand around for more. Worry about you. And what's best for you.

icu

for who you are !
Its the companies work not the 9.5 drivers. The upset driver should be mad at the company not the driver. Only the special ones get upset in my center.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
-2432 3272
Look at it this way. You see most of these guys for 10/15 minutes. Then you go to work. Unless your one of the guys who comes to work to stand around for more. Worry about you. And what's best for you.

Agreed ! Just sad that some union members act more like management.. Sometimes I think they may be spies..lol

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I don't care whether another driver is a slacker or a bonus baby. I got enough on my plate with my route than to worry what goes on on other routes. All I ask is to be left alone and keep the drama to a minimum.

Ouch

Ups loves to pit member against member. They are very happy when they cause turmoil between union members. The majority of the ones that will not sign the 9.5 are scared of repercussions from management. If everybody in a center would get on the 9.5 list think of how your dispatch would be the majority of the time. Dispatch would actually have to do some thinking and some work for once. The company like to take the stance of now your going to be a watched driver since you are on the 9.5 list. Okay you can watch me all day long, I'm by the book following your methods.

QKRSTKR

Again... I'm not concerned what others think. Just don't understand the mentality of it all. I run scratch or better everyday..If that makes me a "slacker",so be it.
Dude, seriously? Just cause you run scratch means jack crap. Just cause your numbers or study are good others may not be. When I was in pkg I went from -.50 to + 1.00. An hour and a half different when Orion went in and they did virtual time study. I changed nothing and worked just as hard as I always did.

Like Dracula said, why worry about others? Worry about yourself. If you want on stay on and be happy. If others don't want to sign up, why do you care?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have a bunch of guys that are scared to go on the list too. Then they complain about clocking out 8-9 every night. Everybody needs to sign the list, they already know what we do all day. I just don't understand 20-30 year drivers who are scared to file a grievance. Just how long do you get crapped on before you learn to step out of the way?

wayfair

swollen member
Last spring I came into work on a Monday.... had 3 9.5's previous week, center manager came to me and said "hey"
I thought he was greeting me... he then asked "are you going to file for last week?" I said, " I need to" he then got stern and asked again, "no, are you going to file for last week???" I then replied, " yes, I'm gonna" he then said "You better watch your performance..." and walked away.. it was 10 minutes before start time...
I'll never speak to him again unless I have a steward with me... on or off the clock

sign the list

DOK

Explain to me why some drivers get mad at others for getting/being on the 9.5 list? If you don't like the extra work that you're getting then file yourself.. The 9.5 rule is there for you too.... Why get an attitude with your fellow brothers and sisters in brown? I understand when management notifies a driver that he/she needs to take work off of another driver due to them not being able to finish under 9.5 they like to spin it as that driver isn't pulling his or her weight, but are people that naive to believe them? Isn't it obvious that it's a dispatch issue? I mean C'mon man! The 9.5 rule is there for everyone. Are they just scared to file for some reason?
This never happens in our center, management oblivious to the drivers on the list. They just pay the grievances.

Last spring I came into work on a Monday.... had 3 9.5's previous week, center manager came to me and said "hey"
I thought he was greeting me... he then asked "are you going to file for last week?" I said, " I need to" he then got stern and asked again, "no, are you going to file for last week???" I then replied, " yes, I'm gonna" he then said "You better watch your performance..." and walked away.. it was 10 minutes before start time...
I'll never speak to him again unless I have a steward with me... on or off the clock

sign the list
Anytime a sup, talks to me before my start time. I grab my diad and change my start time! Now your 9.5. grievance, starts 10 minutes earlier! Knocks that crap off, real fast!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

sign the list
That's harassment and you should be filing a harassment grievance as well.