Scared of 9.5 List?

Future

Victory Ride
Ups loves to pit member against member. They are very happy when they cause turmoil between union members. The majority of the ones that will not sign the 9.5 are scared of repercussions from management. If everybody in a center would get on the 9.5 list think of how your dispatch would be the majority of the time. Dispatch would actually have to do some thinking and some work for once. The company like to take the stance of now your going to be a watched driver since you are on the 9.5 list. Okay you can watch me all day long, I'm by the book following your methods.
Divide and conquer! A UPS mgt tool since the beginning of time!

cino321

Around here we have FT cover drivers, these guys are usually they one's that are getting screwed with the extra work and alleviating 9.5 drivers.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I also encourage anyone who doesn't want extra work to file 9.5's as much as they can. My loop mates make it easy to score 11-12hr days and with the new language it's going to be even easier to get those long days. If I wanted on the 9.5 list I would get on it and wouldn't feel bad if my work got shafted to another, he can file as well if he's upset.

I've reduced my interactions with management and other drivers, sans a few close ones, to nothing more than a business transaction. I'm in the business of making money, and business is good!!!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
A bunch of us take lunch together daily and shift work around ourselves to level things out or if a guy needs to get out for a kid's school event or something/hand off misloads to each other. Sad we have to fix our own dispatches.

JackStraw

We usually transfer it in the boards. If it's "just do this call tag for me" or just a stop or two we don't bother. On-car prefers we do it in the board when possible.
Our center manager won't let us do this. Never gave a solid reason why either. BS

cino321

A bunch of us take lunch together daily and shift work around ourselves to level things out or if a guy needs to get out for a kid's school event or something/hand off misloads to each other. Sad we have to fix our own dispatches.

If we did this we all would be getting fired for directing the work force. lol

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We were told in the PCM today that anyone who worked over 9.5 three days in a week would get a 3 day 'Lock in' regardless of if they were on the 9.5 list or not. Management wants to 'find out what the problem is' . this translates to if one is easily intimidated they get a ride along. I have filed last week and will again this week and havent heard a PEEP about a 'lock in'

Indecisi0n

We were told in the PCM today that anyone who worked over 9.5 three days in a week would get a 3 day 'Lock in' regardless of if they were on the 9.5 list or not. Management wants to 'find out what the problem is' . this translates to if one is easily intimidated they get a ride along. I have filed last week and will again this week and havent heard a PEEP about a 'lock in'
Ride alongs don't start until the weather gets nice.

I said it before and I'll say it again, ride me all day long. Wait..

Get ready, for the lock In...Bs...ride.....keep a good notebook, of your area.....Then when theytake you in the office, just say...........Pay me!...end of story.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We are getting a new center manager tomorrow, supposedly he is from IE and we are going on ORION this Summer. 116 working days until I qualify for my full pension, maybe I will miss it. I intend to file as many O/9.5 grievances as I can before I retire.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We are getting a new center manager tomorrow, supposedly he is from IE and we are going on ORION this Summer. 116 working days until I qualify for my full pension, maybe I will miss it. I intend to file as many O/9.5 grievances as I can before I retire.
Go out with a bang!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Scratch, once you make the decision to go, the weight of the world is lifted from your shoulders. Just play their game, keep your nose clean and smile every day.

Good luck, Ted