Scariest Moment

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not poor taste. Just saying how dangerous this job is and how flawed the methods are.

I'm sick and tired of the safety bull crap
They never address the real dangers of this job and the pieces of crap they let us drive.

Profit first, safety last.

They could put the bumpers that bowling alleys use all around the pkg car and some idiot on his cellphone would still hit us.

Is it?????? He still would of been struck whether he was crossing of unloading something from that spot. @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U is a kind caring individual who would never intentionally make a rude comment about a fellow driver. Unlike yourself...............
I was not making a joke about that poor driver.
Part of my route is in a very heavily traveled road. Can't even count how many vehicles have hit my vehicle or how many close calls.
I really try hard not to work out of the back of my vehicle on that road.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
One time about 10 15 years ago I was driving an old pos and the brakes completely went out. Thankfully I was not on the highway at a high speed, was in a parking lot and had the grace of god with me and pulled the e brake to stop it and no one was injured. Could have been life changing.

clean hairy

Was sorting on a slide years ago.
Belt about 12' above us, no safety guards.
The belt above us jammed, I stepped away from where I was working to help another employee.
About 3 seconds after i stepped away from where i was working, a 50lb box of nuts and bolts fell off the jammed belt and landed right where i would have been standing.
Now, there are safety guards to prevent that from happening again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My scariest moment also involved a snow covered hill. I was coming down Dannemora Mountain and the rear of the pkg car decided it wanted to swing around toward the front. I went down the road sideways. Thankfully there was no one around and I was able to straighten it out at the bottom of the hill.

My other scary story will have to wait until I am retired.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
My scariest moment also involved a snow covered hill. I was coming down Dannemora Mountain and the rear of the pkg car decided it wanted to swing around toward the front. I went down the road sideways. Thankfully there was no one around and I was able to straighten it out at the bottom of the hill.

My other scary story will have to wait until I am retired.
You have gotten smarter I see.........

Nightside

I work on the sort isle. 2 new sorters in their first week were working. One was a 19 year old kid, the other was in her mid to upper 40's. Right during the heart of peak season, they were put together on a door with the 2 fastest unloaders we have. They were getting hammered. So yeah, they had tunnel vision and not paying attention to package placement on the belts. The 19yo put a 60lb small box on the top belt behind him, it got all the way to the top and came rolling back down. I looked just as the box hit the woman in the back of the head knocking her out and fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes. That made my heart skip a beat. She came too a few minutes later and was taken to the hospital. She was back to work the next night! One tough lady.

wayfair

swollen member
I made a delivery to an apartment complex where the friggin US Marshalls were getting someone... went around a corner to 18-20 dudes with riot gear on, weapons drawn, surrounding one unit(doors and windows)

Walking up to a house, getting to the front door and knocking, turning around to 11 pit bulls puppies, 4-5 weeks old, surrounding my feet and chewing on my boot laces... all I could think about "where is MOM"

Oh yea, that one time I was driving back to the center on the freeway, cruising 65-70 in a P700, and the driver side windshield blew in on me... that PC even had the brackets installed

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I was not making a joke about that poor driver.
Part of my route is in a very heavily traveled road. Can't even count how many vehicles have hit my vehicle or how many close calls.
I really try hard not to work out of the back of my vehicle on that road.

Gumby, you forget that every day Dave goes out, unicorns and bluebirds spread rose petals and fairy dust to lead him through his day.

browntroll

i was doing a pick off and some idiot decided to think its okay to send a 120lbs cable reel, i heard something coming next thing you
know i see that thing rolling over packages like nothing i stepped back and blocked with my forearms luckily it hit the rail that sticks
out 1 inch(i normally hit my elbow on it). i cant begin to imagine how :censored2: i would have been.