Schedule

SmithBarney

operational needs... 5 Straight split days? are you covering someone whose route this is, or are they having you cover two people? IE FO and PUP route?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Don't know what "policy" says but it's no more than 2 per week at my station. But complain too much, and policy will suddenly 'change'. Will never forget one female manager who constantly quoted that policy could be changed (by her) without notice. Guess she thought she owned the company. And...she ended up being fired for unrelated reason.

Purplepackage

Just a quick question as a swing can you be forced to work 5 straight splits?

Pretty much as a swing you can be forced to do anything. The issue here is that as long as you are getting that 35 hour minimum there is really nothing you can do about it.

Our station is really hurting right now with injuries and vacations and we have been using a part time guy to help cover routes. Next week a swing driver is doing an FO than a Pup route split, while the part time guy is running a 7:30-5 route for 2 days. And there is basically nothing that swing can do about it

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Just a quick question as a swing can you be forced to work 5 straight splits?

What does your offer letter say? They tried to get me to work five at my station when I was a cover until I pulled out my offer letter, that said no more than 3, and showed it to them. WINNING!!

Purplepackage

What does your offer letter say? They tried to get me to work five at my station when I was a cover until I pulled out my offer letter, that said no more than 3, and showed it to them. WINNING!!

That's just it though if the offer letter says 5 than he is screwed. Operational needs pretty much covers your managers, becasue guess what if the route is covered than the route it covered.

At our station the swing doing the split this week is technically covering someone's route, the normal guy works splits 5 days a week so he really is :censored2: out of luck. Sucks the part time guy is getting straight day hours but that's fedex

Purplepackage

When I signed my letter as a swing back in the stone age, it specifically stated possibility of five splits per week.

The offer letter is the only thing you have to go by at express.

Seniority means nothing here, title means nothing. If they want a part time guy to cover a route and they want a swing to do a split, guess what there is nothing you can do.

If they want you to work splits better grin and bear it. If everybody has there 35 minimum you can't even complain becasue it doesn't matter.

I love that the only thing seniority is good for is picking vacations lol