Scheduled days off

if you aren't the junior guy, you have the right to drive. and if you are the junior guy, you STILL have the right to 8 hrs. but mgmt isn't going to find 8 hrs work for you unless you insist (and file greviances) on working 8. Here in Fla. thatmay mean working reload and sweeping out pkg cars. My point is, even if you are the lowest seniority driver, you are still entitled to work. You should only be laid off if you are also the lowest seniority person in your center. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO STAND UP AND INSIST ON YOUR 8. FILE IF YOU HAVE TO. If mgmt thinks you're going to greive it, they won't be so quick to just send you home.

This rings a bell. Again, it's been a while for me but I believe it works similar to this here. I think that they can lay off as many as they want, BUT those that are layed off are allowed to bump back into the inside operations to get their 8 hours. However, before they do that they must be layed off for 5 consecutive days but on the flip side, management cannot force them to work on wednesday and lay them off the rest of the week, then work them again on monday to prevent the 5 day lay off. They can volunteer to work "as needed" but if they tell them they're taking the layoff, they must be worked every day in order to prevent it. Management also cannot force them back out of the inside operations unless they can guarantee them 5 days of work. And I believe that they only need to take one 5 day lay off per year in order to bump back inside.

Pretty sure that's how it works around here. If that's not 100% accurate, then I'd be willing to bet that it's very close.