Scheduled Off Days

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't worry about it---your route will be there when you get back------------------------------------- along with a lecture about how who ever ran it did such a bang up job and why can't you be that way.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Whenever I took a day off from this place....and I took a lot of them in my 38 years...The absolute last thing I ever thought about was how they ran my route while I was gone. You can't take this job home with you. That's why I never discussed work with my wife. She'd ask me how my day went at work and I always had the same reply. "It sucked."

IF you are scheduled to work and a cover driver that knows your route is off, can you opt for a scheduled day to let the cover driver work or can they force you to work?

rod

Retired 22 years
When I took a vacation I always just assumed my route would be a total disaster when I got back. Send agains, can't locates, won't locates, customer complaints, driver follow ups, inside of truck a total disaster----very seldom was I disappointed.

ArcherUTR

IF you are scheduled to work and a cover driver that knows your route is off, can you opt for a scheduled day to let the cover driver work or can they force you to work?
I believe you have a right to work, not a right to a day off...unless you're exercising an option 3 day.

Overpaid Union Thug

Don't worry about it---your route will be there when you get back------------------------------------- along with a lecture about how who ever ran it did such a bang up job and why can't you be that way.
When I took a vacation I always just assumed my route would be a total disaster when I got back. Send agains, can't locates, won't locates, customer complaints, driver follow ups, inside of truck a total disaster----very seldom was I disappointed.

There is always an issue when I'm off. Even for just one day. Commercial stops not reattempted during their posted business hours. No indirect attempts made on those businesses that could have been left with neighbors. Trash in the cargo area. Full trash can. Noises coming from the engine or other parts of the truck. Dolly is missing. Not enough fuel to make it through the day even though my truck is a gas truck and our center has gas pumps. And my personal favorite.......the cab and cargo area reeks of cigarette smoke and there are cigarette butts there.

Man I tell ya people can be nasty and inconsiderate scumbags. And it's worse when they are speed demon bonus babies.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Depends on your supplement. In the Atlantic if they have extra drivers they have to let people go home in seniority order but not all supplements have that language.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.

Take a few sick days off and you'll increase the number of cover drivers that are trained on your route.

moldsporh

Op.....not to sound rude....but I don't know why you asked the opening question? That's like asking.... Why do we have cover drivers??

The second question is a good one, generally you can ask to use a sick or personal for your layoff day.

Sorry, maybe I missed your point but it almost sounds like a April Fools day question.

moldsporh

How was my statement a derail? Seriously....lol.

Ok, sorry......when anyone takes a day off the route just sits and gets delivered when you return.

Was I then only one who thought the question was missing some key points? How would someone seriously answer it?