School is in

UPSNewbie

I was looking on Flickr and found the UPS School Bus. I've never seen one out here, so I thought I'd share.
528583714_803de7a830.jpg

Billy

That is a driver training car. We all rode in that and took turns driving back when I was hired. That was like day 4 in the 5 day class

diesel96

This is the only UPS Truck that can be driven in the HOV lanes 7:00-9:00am and 5:00-7:00pm......pedal to the medal baby!

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
its also wired with speakers and you wear a mic so when the instructor gives you the driver drill the whole bus can hear ya.

pretty neat stuff.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
We have one of these "Special Brown Busses" @ the general office in my district, it is assigned to a mechanic I know in New Hampshire. My first week with the company I was training in Southern New Hampshire and went out on a road call with my supervisor in the "Buss". I was in my training week, Being new and all I thought wow this thing is awesome and when can I take it around town!:happy2:

bigbrownhen

Looks like you could deliver out of it like an ice cream truck. Pull up to a street, announce over the loud speaker" delivery for 123 Smith ave, come and get it please".

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We used to take our road tests in an old P-600. It had the bulkhead removed and had a couple of bench seats installed in the back. No picture windows though. I don't know what they use around here now.

bad company

semi-pro
We used to take our road tests in an old P-600. It had the bulkhead removed and had a couple of bench seats installed in the back. No picture windows though. I don't know what they use around here now.

They have the package car with the windows up in Roswell for the GA District.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I thought the windows were put there by Jim Casey so he could observe and refine loading and package selection methods.:wink-very:

thom1842

That is a driver training car. We all rode in that and took turns driving back when I was hired. That was like day 4 in the 5 day class
Same here. I thought, wow this truck handles pretty nicely and shifts well, what a top notch company I belong to.

Then reality hit the next week in the form of a P-50.:surprised:

DS

Fenderbender
We had training in one of these 20 years ago.The sup was following drivers and showing us the proper methods