School Prepares for UPS Driver

Catatonic

Nine Lives
While wkmac was talking about Schools versus Prisons, I noticed the similarities to UPS Driver. It would seem the military would prepare to be a UPS Driver as well.

Compare to a UPS Driver with a few modifications:
- authoritarian structure
- dress code
- emphasis on minimal talking and order
- negative reinforcement
- walk shortest distance
- loss of individual autonomy
- abridged freedoms
- no input in decision making
- set times enforced for walking, eating, lifting, placing, etc.

tourists24

Mine is too..... Ive often told people that the experience I had holds a strong resemblance to how UPS tries to run things. Its much easier to stand up and question mgt though compared to my military unit.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
colonel_klink.jpg
UPS Management Pic showing past military experience.

PT Car Washer

I do not see a Warrior Ethos among drivers. Not with 9.5 rules and need help with over 70's. 8 hour request and seniority rules. Nice try but not even close.

PT Car Washer

While wkmac was talking about Schools versus Prisons, I noticed the similarities to UPS Driver. It would seem the military would prepare to be a UPS Driver as well.

Compare to a UPS Driver with a few modifications:
- authoritarian structure
- dress code
- emphasis on minimal talking and order
- negative reinforcement
- walk shortest distance
- loss of individual autonomy
- abridged freedoms
- no input in decision making
- set times enforced for walking, eating, lifting, placing, etc.
UPS driver or burger flipper? More to serving your country then a uniform.

PT Car Washer

It's just a job you go to in the morning and come home from at night to sleep in your own bed with your family nearby. And have the weekends and holidays off.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I do not see a Warrior Ethos among drivers. Not with 9.5 rules and need help with over 70's. 8 hour request and seniority rules. Nice try but not even close.
We have only a couple drivers on 9.5, none that ask for help with an over 70. Nothing wrong with the occasional 8 hour.

PT Car Washer

I agree. Nothing wrong with any of it. It is a civilian job. If you don't like it just walk away. In the military it would be called desertion, and you could be executed.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No one has said anything to compare a UPS Driver to a Soldier except you.
The premise was that being a soldier prepares one to operate within the UPS system as a driver.