School schedule

xwtfmatex

I've had coworkers in the past have issues with a night class once a week and some were able to take that one day off a week for the semester, others were told to transfer to midnight. I guess it all depends who your boss is, if they like you, etc. I was never too worried about those people. School is important and sometimes colleges have classes in some wacky inconvenient time slots that conflict with UPS.

I see that many people have different views on this issue. I wonder as to why there is nothing in the contract to mediate these types of things. I guess it just depends. :/

xwtfmatex

Where I am at, DWI check points are not legal. However the DNR does set up game check points for illegal hunting every Fall.
Wow you must be in the more secluded areas! Lucky you to have nature all around you :) Sure makes a great retirement place due to the less saturated people in that area.

xwtfmatex

Well the reason why I have not been sure of how overtime was work is because the supervisor told us that overtime is only after 8 hours. I assumed that since he is the supervisor, he would know the contract and law more than a newbie like me. I should have found this contract the day I started. That is my fault.

My belief was that people in the workplace would abide by all the laws and regulations as I do, especially supervisors. I came to the realization that this is not what supervisors here in UPS do. I can see now why people are so bitter in UPS but I will not let that happen to me!

PT Car Washer

Well the reason why I have not been sure of how overtime was work is because the supervisor told us that overtime is only after 8 hours. I assumed that since he is the supervisor, he would know the contract and law more than a newbie like me. I should have found this contract the day I started. That is my fault.

My belief was that people in the workplace would abide by all the laws and regulations as I do, especially supervisors. I came to the realization that this is not what supervisors here in UPS do. I can see now why people are so bitter in UPS but I will not let that happen to me!
Some Supplements have weaker language on PT OT. Central Region is OT after 5 hours regardless.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Whenever you make a side deal with a supe that deal ends when the supe leaves. We used to have a center manager that would call drivers on vacation to ask them to come in but they would "get a day off in the future." When that center manager moved on, the new center manager refused to honor those side deals.

J

jibbs

It sounds to me as though your new supe is following the letter of the contract, whereas your old supe had no problems breaking it (probably to his own benefit).

Seconded.

[EDIT: Just realized I once again replied without reading the other 4 pages of a thread. Woops.]

PT Car Washer

Whenever you make a side deal with a supe that deal ends when the supe leaves. We used to have a center manager that would call drivers on vacation to ask them to come in but they would "get a day off in the future." When that center manager moved on, the new center manager refused to honor those side deals.
OP is not a Center employee. Works a Hub sort but your answer is correct anyway. Just hope for the best.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I have been getting paid OT for only hours past my 8 hours though and not past my 5th.
Check your supplement. Language may be different.

We don't have the option of selecting whether or not you get OT. It's all done by payroll.