Schools on fall break.

ups1990

Our local school district is now on fall break for the following 3 weeks. It's UPS policy not to hold a package for more than 10 days(not positive). This is the first year where the entire district is on the same school calendar. Instead of having hundreds of packages sent back to the shipper, why not work out a supplemental plan with district officials to have them delivered to one sight which would eliminate the shipper having to spend additional reshipping charges. Now this would bring back customer service and schools would have their supplies.

over9five

Staff member
Don't you set something up with a janitor or secretary before this happens?

There'll be someone there sometimes who could receive stuff.

brownrodster

Fall break? Our schools just ended summer break a couple weeks ago...

We reroute all school deliveries to the school district headquarters when all the schools shut down. It's a large warehouse where they keep tons of stuff. Look into that for your area.

ups1990

We reroute all school deliveries to the school district headquarters when all the schools shut down. It's a large warehouse where they keep tons of stuff. Look into that for your area.

Yeah, I know! It seems like the kids just started school and now its fall break. Remember as a kid, when school began after labor day. The school year makes no sense now.
Around here we're told to return packages to shipper if the school is closed for more than two weeks. I know exactly what your talking about when you refer to the large warehouse, I'll bring it up to my center manager.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.

Same here. All ours goes to a maintenance bldg for vacations etc.

iowa boy

We future everything for the schools here when they are on break and store it in a trailer until school restarts. We don't send anything back to the shipper.

UPSGUY72

someone is going to be at the school I delivered stuff all summer to schools. Just becasue it's break doesn't mean everyone that works there is on it.

rod

Retired 22 years
What would you call a good hiding place in a school?

It seems like every school I ever deliverd to had at least one hiding place for the janitors that was hidden in the boiler room back around the backside of some big :censored2: boiler.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It seems like every school I ever deliverd to had at least one hiding place for the janitors that was hidden in the boiler room back around the backside of some big :censored2: boiler.

And if the janitors weren't there to sign you could at least eyeball the centerfolds on the wall.