Schools today

oldngray

nowhere special
The plan must be to dumb down all future generations of kids.

cc-subtraction.jpg

Bottom rung

Dumbing down is the answer, teachers don't want to be judged by their students lack of performance so if it's easy enough everyone will pass.(along with a bunch of free money from the feds to sweeten the deal for the states) Welcome to common core education. And the downfall of America.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My one granddaughter got her diver's license......so excited, she had to show me via e-mail.
I notice that under her picture where the signature goes was her printing of her name. They never taught cursive in her school. That's gonna be paychecks too...no signature. Might as well just put an "x".

oldngray

nowhere special
My one granddaughter got her diver's license......so excited, she had to show me via e-mail.
I notice that under her picture where the signature goes was her printing of her name. They never taught cursive in her school. That's gonna be paychecks too...no signature. Might as well just put an "x".

I saw in news last week that most schools have stopped teaching cursive.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
germanyfree_zps5d2886d6.jpg
Clearly Germany understands the importance of an educated work force. They wish to remain the dominate economy power in Europe and are taking steps to keep them on top. In America, on the other hand?We've got too many people in this country who don't believe education is a right. This will never happen in the US. I suspect if anyone suggested it they would be accused of wanting to "indoctrinate" our young people. I despair of this country sometimes.The only thing the U.S. is efficient at these days is using a $3 million dollar bomb to destroy a $500 used jeep full of Isis soldiers.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My wife's a teacher in Maryland, and she hates common core. Why do we have to change HOW people learn, or fail them if they get the right answer, just not showing the work the "correct" way

thebrown1

Here in the midwest it's almost the same thing. When I was coming up you failed you failed. Now the little pissants get to go to summer school for a few days to a few weeks and boom they make it.

I told my kids if they fail I will hold their #%$ back and the school won't do a damn thing about it.

It's like sports in school. Everyone gets to play and everyone gets a letter if they are on the team!?!?!? Bump that lol. You should be GOOD in order to letter or be on varsity....

Blah I'm done lol.

wkmac

Clearly Germany understands the importance of an educated work force.

xxii1.jpg

Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:

Colossians 3:22

"Clearly southern slaveowner understands the importance of religious training in educating his work force."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Dumbing down is the answer, teachers don't want to be judged by their students lack of performance so if it's easy enough everyone will pass.
In almost all cases, teachers' performance is not judged by student grades, it's judged off of one day of kids filling in bubbles. It's all about the test scores.

The reason most teachers don't want to be "judged" by student performance, is because they understand it is impossible to quantify how well they are doing their job, there are just too many factors.

Most teachers hate common core, but no one, from either political party really wants to hear from the people actually doing the job. It was no child left behind, now it's common core, in a few years it will be some other BS.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Like most of us before all this common core crap, I was taught cursive however, I never use it. For some reason I cannot write comfortably or very long in cursive so I stopped using it many years ago and went back to printing...including my signature. Never had any problems printing but I have to admit, there is something eloquent about cursive. Love to read it but hate to write it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The older teachers at my wife's school (the majority) still teach cursive even though it isn't in the curriculum. I've got a lot of respect for that.

Goes to show no matter how much the government tries to micro manage teachers, the good ones will find a way to do things the way they know is best.

wkmac

The older teachers at my wife's school (the majority) still teach cursive even though it isn't in the curriculum. I've got a lot of respect for that.

Goes to show no matter how much the government tries to micro manage teachers, the good ones will find a way to do things the way they know is best.

This is why I don't blame teachers for the outcome from schools. A lot more good teachers than the public give them credit for. Until teachers are the one's setting curriculum and school policy, why blame teachers for something out of their control.

thebrown1

You cannot place this squarely on the gov. This goes further down than that. Sure they get monies and other things but they don't have to take them not all schools take part in what the gov is giving them. It's like gov aid, you don't have to take it but it's there.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The problems all started when my oldest was in 1st or 2nd grade.......they stopped teaching phonics (this was in Ohio) maybe '74 or '75. Downhill from there!