Schools today

moreluck

golden ticket member
The term "purple penguins" is ridiculous......what's the matter with "Class" or "Students" when addressing the kids?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The term "purple penguins" is ridiculous......what's the matter with "Class" or "Students" when addressing the kids?

That wasnt and isnt a term that is going to be used.

It was a "suggestion" made by a parent and FOX news misreporting it to you this morning.

Students are students.

FOX news in its typical overreaction style misrepresented the story for loyal people like you to repeat.

Of course, like them, you got it wrong.

TOS.

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
For cripes sake:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/education/purplepenguins.asp

"Don't use phrases such as 'boys and girls,' 'you guys,' 'ladies and gentlemen,' and similarly gendered expressions to get kids' attention," instructs a training document given to middle-school teachers at the Lincoln Public Schools.

"Create classroom names and then ask all of the 'purple penguins' to meet on the rug," it advises.

The document also warns against asking students to "line up as boys or girls," and suggests asking them to line up by whether they prefer "skateboards or bikes/milk or juice/dogs or cats/summer or winter/talking or listening."

"Always ask yourself ... 'Will this configuration create a gendered space?'" the document says."

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Don't use phrases such as 'boys and girls,' 'you guys,' 'ladies and gentlemen,' and similarly gendered expressions to get kids' attention," instructs a training document given to middle-school teachers at the Lincoln Public Schools." (tos)

Just because it's in a book doesn't make it so....The Nazi training manual must be accurate too if you put your trust in manuals.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
For cripes sake:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/education/purplepenguins.asp

"Don't use phrases such as 'boys and girls,' 'you guys,' 'ladies and gentlemen,' and similarly gendered expressions to get kids' attention," instructs a training document given to middle-school teachers at the Lincoln Public Schools.

"Create classroom names and then ask all of the 'purple penguins' to meet on the rug," it advises.

The document also warns against asking students to "line up as boys or girls," and suggests asking them to line up by whether they prefer "skateboards or bikes/milk or juice/dogs or cats/summer or winter/talking or listening."

"Always ask yourself ... 'Will this configuration create a gendered space?'" the document says."

like i said...

"Boys and girls are not to be called boys and girls in Lincoln, Nebraska’s public schools. Instead, they are to be called purple penguins. According to Fox News,"

FOX news is the only station reporting this is the case.

TOS.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
like i said...

"Boys and girls are not to be called boys and girls in Lincoln, Nebraska’s public schools. Instead, they are to be called purple penguins. According to Fox News,"

FOX news is the only station reporting this is the case.

TOS.

I read it on yahoo, they said purple penguins.

Get off of this transgender BS. Look between your legs, if there's something hanging, you're a guy. If you have an indentation, you're a girl. You CANNOT be Both, or either. Political correctness run amok because we don't want to "hurt anyone's feelings".

I say friend/#% your feelings, stop being a B!^&

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I read it on yahoo, they said purple penguins.

Get off of this transgender BS. Look between your legs, if there's something hanging, you're a guy. If you have an indentation, you're a girl. You CANNOT be Both, or either. Political correctness run amok because we don't want to "hurt anyone's feelings".

I say friend/#% your feelings, stop being a B!^&

PSST... Yahoo is owned by FOX/Murdoch/Clear Channel its all the same people bro.

TOS.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That wasnt and isnt a term that is going to be used.

It was a "suggestion" made by a parent and FOX news misreporting it to you this morning.

Students are students.

FOX news in its typical overreaction style misrepresented the story for loyal people like you to repeat.

Of course, like them, you got it wrong.

TOS.

I just love the way FOX feeds them misinformation and then they parrot it like it's the gospel. Truly amazing. Crap in = crap out.