schumer

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Dear Friend,

I got the message below from Ted Kennedy's widow, Vicki, and I wanted to make sure you saw it.

Martha Coakley is running to fill the rest of Ted Kennedy's term, and her opponent is a far-right tea bagger Republican.

It would be bad enough to lose this seat -- and Democrats' sixtieth vote in the Senate -- right before the final health care reform vote. But it would be even worse for the decisive "no" vote to come from Ted Kennedy's old seat.

The special election is coming up on Tuesday, and it's going to be close. Read Vicki's message below, then make a contribution of $25 or more to Martha Coakley's campaign today.

Thank you,

Chuck Schumer
-----Forwarded message-----
FR: Vicki Kennedy
TO: Chuck Schumer
DATE: Wed, Jan 13, 2010
SUBJ: Support Martha Coakley

Dear Chuck,

Throughout my husband Ted's life, you were always there for him, for me and for the entire Kennedy family. We are tremendously grateful for your friendship and support in the past, and we ask you to stand with us now to support Martha Coakley in the crucial race to fill Ted's remaining term.

This Tuesday, January 19 everything is on the line. The people of Massachusetts will decide who will be their next Senator, and we need Martha Coakley.

The importance of having a voice and a vote that you can count on in Washington has never been more evident than during this ongoing health care debate. And we're going to need every vote again.

Ted fought for national health care reform for 40 years. He believed that every American deserved their chance at the American dream, but that as long as an illness or preexisting condition could bankrupt an American family, that great goal could never become a reality. We need Martha Coakley to continue our shared fight for national health reform, to reduce costs for businesses and families and increase coverage in Massachusetts and throughout this country. This race will be very close and we need you to get us to victory.

We have just 6 days to do the hard work of electing Martha Coakley so that we can continue the agenda that Ted made the fight of his life -- reforming health care, ensuring equality and justice for all, protecting our seniors, and rebuilding our economy to allow everyone to prosper. That fight for working families cannot stop -- not now, not when so much is at stake for Massachusetts and America. And that's why I'm asking you to ensure that we are victorious this Tuesday.

Stand with me and support Martha Coakley by making a contribution of $35, $50, or whatever you can do today. My husband fought all his life to keep moving this nation forward -- now we must make it the fight of ours.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Didn't Martha's staff person push down to the sidewalk a camera press guy last night?? Her people were calling the position, Kennedy's seat......the Republican candidate was calling it the people's seat. I like him better.

tieguy

Banned
Didn't Martha's staff person push down to the sidewalk a camera press guy last night?? Her people were calling the position, Kennedy's seat......the Republican candidate was calling it the people's seat. I like him better.

Man a republican filling Kennedys old seat. Now that would be some real change.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
while Brown is campaigning in Mass.
coakly is having meetings in DC., where reporters are being pushed around yet she sees nothing.

wkmac

while Brown is campaigning in Mass.
coakly is having meetings in DC., where reporters are being pushed around yet she sees nothing.

Being she lacks honesty just proves she's qualified to work in Washington IMO!
:happy-very:

But at the same time, being the "reporter" was from the Weekly Standard of Bill Kristol fame, I can't say I'm too upset with her Sgt. Shultz impression!

:wink2:

Besides, why get upset when Washington is just eating it's own. The more they fight among themselves and the more extreme it gets, the better chance we who live in the real America (not the other Amerika) have a chance of being ignored and slipping through the cracks and rebuilding our local communities!

In the best scenario would be for the gangs to supply guns to the Washington elite and they just start capping one another!
:happy-very: Might be way over-the-top for even The Onion but it would be a comedic riot to watch IMO! Even better in Benny Hill style with fast frame and silly clown music. Perfect! It's time we truly saw how silly High Chancellor Sutler and Norsefire really are.

Now that's a real "War on Terror" IMHO!

:peaceful:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I've been listen to a lot of radio ads about this election; Brown's ads feature either himself or someone standing up for him { McCain or his daughters }.
While all the dem ads are strictly attacks, not one where coakley lists her's goals nor has anyone endorse her. Some of them are quite funny given today's anti-DC climate, for they may steer more away.

island1fox

Moreluck,
Correct not only did the staff person assault the press person --he admitted it and apologized.
The problem I have with this --right on camera Martha witnessed the entire incident.
She claims {the film is wrong} she saw and knows nothing ????
Gee -at least wait until you are elected before lying and believing we are all idiots !!!!
She has also stated that all of AL Q and all terroists have left Aftganistan ?????
Sounds like a real rocket scientist --Maybe Obama should inform her ---he just decided to send thousands of more troops there --who is the idiot -her or him ?? or both ???:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Moreluck,
Correct not only did the staff person assault the press person --he admitted it and apologized.
The problem I have with this --right on camera Martha witnessed the entire incident.
She claims {the film is wrong} she saw and knows nothing ????
Gee -at least wait until you are elected before lying and believing we are all idiots !!!!
She has also stated that all of AL Q and all terroists have left Aftganistan ?????
Sounds like a real rocket scientist --Maybe Obama should inform her ---he just decided to send thousands of more troops there --who is the idiot -her or him ?? or both ???:happy-very:

U.S. soldiers were actually killed in afghanistan that very day she said there was no enemy in Afghanistan. She's an idiot !

wkmac

This statement shows how idiotic and out of touch with reality Schumer really is.

You mean the "so many statements before this" do not count in establishing the fact in bold above?

:happy-very:

Schumer IMO is a party shrill who hides behind a mask pretending to be something he truly is not. But then not that he, his party or his alleged idealogy has a monopoly on that. :wink2::wink2::wink2:

Like Leo Strauss, Schumer believes in the noble lie as well so IMO he's nothing more than Neo-Con meat wrapped in Neo-Lib costume whose domestic interventions just go a bit farther in some cases than some of his other more Red State comrades who seem more willing to inject their interventions afar!

But if one looked closely the belief that the Red State folks are forever committed to the idea of limited domestic interventions would quickly be seen as a noble lie also!

To the end always!

images

You will either realize the gordian knot can only be cut away or it will hang you as you try and untie it to serve your own means!

av8torntn

You mean the "so many statements before this" do not count in establishing the fact in bold above?

!

I can't say that but I have a little extra disdain for Schumer so I take any possible opportunity that I can to have a little fun at his expense. :happy2: