Scoundrels in management?

Channahon

But if you want to know if my current mgmt team fudges numbers? Yes. Did the last group? Yes. Did the group before? Yes. And before that? Yes. Does the mgmt team in the other centers? Yes. Did the groups before? Yes.
YouTube - Guns N' Roses - Dead Horse
Canon,

The dead horse had one more breath...

The Business Conduct line number is 1-800-220-4126.
There are 1733 operating centers at UPS. Please do me a favor, call them, give them your name and information, and let us know the results of the investigatons. And let them know they need to investigate all 1733 operations and go back 100 years.

Then finally Corporate UPS management will be aware of all the misconduct, lying, stealing and cheating going on in operations by UPS management.

Wishing you the best of luck in your endeavour.

canon

Canon,

The dead horse had one more breath...

The Business Conduct line number is 1-800-220-4126.
There are 1733 operating centers at UPS. Please do me a favor, call them, give them your name and information, and let us know the results of the investigatons. And let them know they need to investigate all 1733 operations and go back 100 years.

Then finally Corporate UPS management will be aware of all the misconduct, lying, stealing and cheating going on in operations by UPS management.

Wishing you the best of luck in your endeavour.
I think we all knew the number already. It's posted in our centers. To all the mgmt who engage in fudging the numbers but haven't had that # called on you... you're welcome. I don't report such things because as I've said, I get along with them and know they're under the same impossible expectations as everyone else. To reiterate my point... if corporate would drop the "success by discipline" they could actually take a step forward in becoming more efficient by rewarding supes for identifying problems rather than trying to cover them up. I don't understand the misunderstanding between us... I suppose I'm just being a jerk because I don't want to see my boss get in trouble.

I think everyone reading this should take your advice channahon... call and report every single incident. But it wont be me.

Never been a fan of Rolling Stones... but I do like Dr Hook's Cover of a Rolling Stone.

Last edited:

Channahon

I have seen other posts from you regarding integrity issues and you supported integrity.
I am surprised that you would not report something you feel so strongly about.

I suppose it's human nature and having empathy for others under pressure.

Maybe corporate would appreciate a phone call from an hourly employee stating how much pressure the management teams are under.

And I don't think you are being a jerk, you do have respect for your boss.

Sammie

Unfortunately, many at UPS are promoted because they do well with numbers on paper, not because they know how to lead;the wrong ego in charge of others can be a disaster. Good old human nature at it's best once again.

But unlike other companies where you have the same boss for 57 years or until he dies, UPS moves people around so complacency won't set in. We're lucky in that respect; we old timers survived with the saying "if you don't like the guy in charge, just wait a year and he'll be gone."

Wish I had a nickle for all the people I've known who quit because they didn't like mgmt and then called back begging to be rehired later.... Many of the folks I worked with at UPS complained an awful lot but were never employed anywhere else and had no sense of comparison. According to those who regretted leaving, it's not all that bad here...

Training for UPS management is not people friendly for some reason ( I have some good retired mgmt friends) but I've still known several who maintained their common sense and decency when it came to dealing with people.

Hope you can be as lucky when it's all said and done!