Scratch by June

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Nope DVD in the back, stop every two to use restroom and get snacks. Im on a mission to get back to the ranch, and do what Gramma does, with them, fishing, swimming, garage sales. They eat out constantly, I cook at home. It will be severe culture shock.

union4life

I agree with you 100% and I don't run. Even when you get done at 7 and have pick up pieces they still want you to help people and be back at center by 8:00 for air. It makes no sense at all. I feel bad when people are behind and I always help but I really think I'm going to start saying no.

Can the company force you to help ?

Yes, if they instruct you to perform your job and you refuse, you can be subject to discipline. Don't mak it easy for them to take your job.

Use the tools you have and perform your job to the letter. You'll be a great employee with no time to help. If you do have extra time available (it happens) help a brother out.

I am assuming you know what tools I am referring to. In case you don't, here are some examples.

1. Never work off the clock (this means absolutely nothing before start time...getting suplies, getting call tags, going through air stops, seting up the car, loading, etc....nothing!)

2. Perform a proper Pre-trip and Post-trip.

3. Take your full hour lunch and don't do any work during this time (don't even touch the DIAD to answer a text message)

4. Stop at every "Stop" sign. Make sure the wheels stop turning. Look left-right-left and follow the methods.

5. Don't use your cell phone to contact the company when on the clock. Use the DIAD. It takes time and keeps a recorded record.

6. Don't make decisions outside your job descriptions. Let management "instruct" you. Trust me, they don't know what you know and their decisions will cost time.

7. File grievances with your Local everytime the company violates the contract language. Don't wait until they "mess" with you. If you see a violation, get with your Steward and bring it to the Supervisor's attention. If they don't correct the action then nail them on it. A grievance is your way of giving the company a "warning letter". The company says that the warning letter is just a tool to correct an action.

The list goes on and on......

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Nope DVD in the back, stop every two to use restroom and get snacks. Im on a mission to get back to the ranch, and do what Gramma does, with them, fishing, swimming, garage sales. They eat out constantly, I cook at home. It will be severe culture shock.

They won't want to go back home. Do you fly in to GB or Milwaukee?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
MWE, for the cost of a rental, and a flight, I saved big. Fly up drive them here, drive them back, fly home. My vehicle gets about 20 mpg, so for me it wa a win. Plus I save 2 days of time with them.
Then in August I get the boys. We ride mcs, and fish, and cook out, and bonfire, and haul wood.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I think that's why mine come here. The scrambled eggs don't need ketchup to taste good. They don't have to ram the roads all day, as I have everything here for them. And, no Chucky Cheese in the world compares to the beach we have. Although, they love that Damned Chucky Cheese. Now, I know why parents hate it.

iowa boy

And, no Chucky Cheese in the world compares to the beach we have. Although, they love that Damned Chucky Cheese. Now, I know why parents hate it.

Me, you have to know when to go to Chucky Cheese. Ours opens at 9 am. At 9 am no one is at Chucky Cheese so we usually have Chucky Cheese all to ourselves. It is soooooo nice and quiet with no screaming kids or parents running around. Plus the beer tastes just as good at 9 am after some weeks at UPS.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Give this link a look and read it thoroughly when you have some time. If anyone ever tries to tell you that the job can be done efficiently within the UPS methods, just show them this link. The very first section of the link is what UPSu wants out of you in a proper pre-trip. Take a look at it and tell me how long it would take you to do it.

It's comical what this company expects to you to do in the amount of time they give you to do it...

UPS Package Delivery Methods | makeupsdeliver.org

bigblu 2 you

Me, you have to know when to go to Chucky Cheese. Ours opens at 9 am. At 9 am no one is at Chucky Cheese so we usually have Chucky Cheese all to ourselves. It is soooooo nice and quiet with no screaming kids or parents running around. Plus the beer tastes just as good at 9 am after some weeks at UPS.
chucky cheese sells beer?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I've been there once at 9. That was great. I couldn't figure out why the parents hated it. Then, I went during a vaca week. friend%&% THAT!!!! I don't think the term parenting has been heard there sometimes. Thank GOD, for the beer. That was what made me not kill anyone.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
In this morning's PCM, we were told that we would study the Five Keys To Scratch next week. I didn't know there was such a thing, I hope its not another stupid bunch of crap to memorize. I'm on vacation next week, and so sorry to miss this.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Another 8:00pm-er tonight. All I want to do this weekend is nothing.
I had one of those!!! I del 310, and picked up 227. I had air meets, and disgruntled people coz their dogs were on the porch and I wouldnt deliver. Made pickups for young guys who havent yet realized family doesnt matter (sarcasm) So yes I will stay out all night so they can go to a game I dont care. But to reattempt some guy who I have told I will not go on his porch, when his dog is tied to it,.......I dont care if it doesnt bite, it will bite me, or tangle me up in his cord, carrying 70 pds of crap to your door. I dont care if its a little dog, they have razor sharp teeth. And if I get bit, or hurt, the first thing my boss will say to me is...... why did you go there if a dog is there. I dont care if you tied the biter over there, Im not going by that one either. . Met my boss so he could go deliver mr. important, and take pics assuming I of course was lying. Ok I already have an 830 eta, wth do you all want from me Im one person.
Mr Important tried to let the dogs out, boss slammed the door on him, Amen Im vindicated.
Rain up to my earballs, like 5 inches in one hour, Im soaked to the bone, should been done, tried all day to be done on time...then you send me more work, and dont believe my integrity.
Got you a sales lead for 50 air a day, which I get morning and night, incoming and outgoing, did it change my dispatch, heck no. Talk about blinders. Plus I got screwed out of the sales lead bonus. Thanks UPS, cant question your integrity, HEE Hee.
So this is a rant about dogs, sales lead bs, over 9.5, and safety.
And thanks for handing me my 17 yr safe driving award, from February at the check in counter, glad it matters.
Stepping off my soapbox, grabbing a beer.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I agree with you 100% and I don't run. Even when you get done at 7 and have pick up pieces they still want you to help people and be back at center by 8:00 for air. It makes no sense at all. I feel bad when people are behind and I always help but I really think I'm going to start saying no.

Can the company force you to help ?

Yes, if they instruct you to perform your job and you refuse, you can be subject to discipline. Don't mak it easy for them to take your job.

Use the tools you have and perform your job to the letter. You'll be a great employee with no time to help. If you do have extra time available (it happens) help a brother out.

I am assuming you know what tools I am referring to. In case you don't, here are some examples.

1. Never work off the clock (this means absolutely nothing before start time...getting suplies, getting call tags, going through air stops, seting up the car, loading, etc....nothing!)

2. Perform a proper Pre-trip and Post-trip.

3. Take your full hour lunch and don't do any work during this time (don't even touch the DIAD to answer a text message)

4. Stop at every "Stop" sign. Make sure the wheels stop turning. Look left-right-left and follow the methods.

5. Don't use your cell phone to contact the company when on the clock. Use the DIAD. It takes time and keeps a recorded record.

6. Don't make decisions outside your job descriptions. Let management "instruct" you. Trust me, they don't know what you know and their decisions will cost time.

7. File grievances with your Local everytime the company violates the contract language. Don't wait until they "mess" with you. If you see a violation, get with your Steward and bring it to the Supervisor's attention. If they don't correct the action then nail them on it. A grievance is your way of giving the company a "warning letter". The company says that the warning letter is just a tool to correct an action.

The list goes on and on......
actually if you are back and hav a return building time then they tell you to go help you can refuse.

old levi's

blank space
In this morning's PCM, we were told that we would study the Five Keys To Scratch next week. I didn't know there was such a thing, I hope its not another stupid bunch of crap to memorize. I'm on vacation next week, and so sorry to miss this.

Can scratch scratch? Stay tuned in to find out! :rofl: