Scratch Got Time Studied Today

Overpaid Union Thug

Its all crap. The guy that scratches my route has been off for 12 months first for shoulder now for ankle. His hour under= my hour over. he skips it all coz he wants to get home..........I dont coz I dont need to get home. I do the bad parts first, then I make 42 an hour delivering qvc.
I would prefer to get home at a decent hour, but Im not giving away my time. My route used to be 85 max, now today it was 122. Nothing changed except the numbers. Im getting older, and I cant run. Well I can but Im not. Fair day, show me how to do it, then Im locked. Dont show me with an injured driver:wink: I can collect comp too, but I prefer not to get it, it hurts:lol:

I can understand wanting to get home but running and/or skipping lunch to do it only hurts in the long run. And to do so for bonus has always made me laugh. And why is it called "bonus" anyway? Yeah...one can get off a little early but monetarily there is no bonus. If someone runs a nine hour route in eight hours they get paid for that hour they ran under. So what? If someone finishes an hour under then more than likely that means they ran and/or skipped lunch so of course they'll get done earlier but they still did nine hours worth of work. They just did it in less time. The only bonus is getting home earlier but what good is that if you always get hurt because of running and driving like a maniac?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I understand it also, and I have no problem with someone doing it "once in a while" to get to a special event", but when it is continually done it hurts all of us.
It makes us looks like slackers and them like stars. But in the end, mgmt knows. Dont talk safety, and allow these kind of injuries with no repercusssion. I had 4 injuries, 3 I can say were from being overloaded. 50 stops left at 5pm. Being smarter, instead of younger, I would have taken the OT, instead of the injury. But at that time, I was stupid. It should have been avoided, which is why it was labeled avoidable. Now when I have an accident or injury it is unavoidable. It takes me longer as I work as directed. I use my handrail, even when I dont need to. I watch where I am walking instead of stop completing and typing in my nest stop, on the way to some stops. I sometimes type in the name at a dead stop, instead of walking back to the truck and typing in the name on the way. Sometimes it just isnt safe to do.
Im not really trying to be militant, just safe. Sometimes on the way up "you really need to be aware of your surroundings" and if you had a unsafe stop the stop before, you might not have done everything by the book, but you didnt fall, get bit or get run over. Things are not always black and white, and on the days that are you might get a big star for your efforts, but in reality most days arent like that. So be safe, do the job, take your rests and remember..............."the most important stop of the day is your last one, when you get HOME"

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I thought all the lunch skipper talk would go away after they changed the lunch and break entries in the Diad. In my center the meal period can be broken up into four slots and the paid break is entered as other work. Your paid day is determined by punch to punch minus whatever lunch you actually take. When this first started some people had a tough time figuring out if they were 9.5 or not. I know guys that have not entered any personal time(lunch) in the Diad and have had the talk about it. They had to sign something but I don't know what. Is this nationwide or just in my District?

DS

Fenderbender
I thought all the lunch skipper talk would go away after they changed the lunch and break entries in the Diad. Is this nationwide or just in my District?
Here we still have to call to get a code 05 I like this new rule and it should be in every contract .

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its still the same here, and its broken down, but some people put it in but dont take it. We are not allowed to use code 05. You have to take it, or you are paid for the time, but if you go over 9.5 you are talked to the next day. No matter what your dispatch, they do not like o.9.5............